Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I wouldn't give Joe Bennett another chance. I don't think he's had a good season at all with Brighton.

By all accounts he couldn't defend there. No way should he return to our first team.

Just watching a bit of the swiss cup final....Moussa Konate scored and looks a big powerful unit. I rememember him playing for Senegal in the Olympics a few years back, only 22 still so maybe a cheap player we could look to sign?

I wouldn't give Joe Bennett another chance. I don't think he's had a good season at all with Brighton.

By all accounts he couldn't defend there. No way should he return to our first team.

That's the problem. I just don't really see him as a good enough one on one defender at premier league level.

Only way I could see him making a career in the top league is if we switched to 3-5-2 and played him and Bacuna as the wing backs...maybe worth a look in some home games.

That's the problem. I just don't really see him as a good enough one on one defender at premier league level.

I always held out some hope for him as I thought perhaps confidence played a big part in his problems but if he can't even improve in that regard at Brighton then it is time to pull the plug. Obviously Sherwood seems like offensive full-backs but it another left-back is signed, then you'd think Bennett will be sold rather than Richardson.

Out of interest, how was his defending when he was at Middlesbrough? 

Not sure. I remember the 'Boro fans not exactly hiding their delight at the fee received at the time, so maybe he never defended well.

Not sure. I remember the 'Boro fans not exactly hiding their delight at the fee received at the time, so maybe he never defended well.

Makes you wonder not only why we signed him, but why we subsequently them loaned him out if he was playing up to his normal standards.

Big no to Friend, nothing personal but, we desperately need real quality to slot straight into the starting eleven not 'solid' players from the lower leagues who may or may not be able to cut it at this level.

So who else do you suggest? I'm not sure we're going to attract real quality that can slot in straight away to be honest. I think we'd be better off looking abroad, but even they will be a bit of a gamble as to whether they're suited to play in the Premier League.

Face it, we're just not an attractive proposition at this moment in time.

Edited by Ginko

No but it means he puts in every week and plays well. Whether he is good enough who knows. We don't have much to spend. We can't go after proven players especially when we have to rebuild a squad. Friend and Trippier would be am improvement. Not sure if our scouts have spotted anyone who is better. Be interesting to see.who we get.

Big no to Friend, nothing personal but, we desperately need real quality to slot straight into the starting eleven not 'solid' players from the lower leagues who may or may not be able to cut it at this level.

this.no matter what prospect they are or how good there season in the championship/lower leagues have been id prefer to be aiming higher especialy if we want to stop these relegation scraps

Wasn't George Friend the replacement for Joe Bennett when he left Boro? If we're in for Friend then it's quite ironic that we're getting him and possibly rid of Bennett. I think we should be looking at raiding Premier League clubs for their full backs rather than looking at Championship level defenders.