Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Senderos, Lowton, Given, Cole, Hutton and RIchardson we are stuck with for another year regardless.

We either pay up their contracts and keep them in the squad. Nobody is going to take their contracts on.

Maybe Lowton will move back north with a little sweetener.

It seems every summer we have a 'just one more year and we are shot of them' player. Ireland, Dunne, Bent.

Now we have about 7. How does this keep happening?

Because not every player signs at the same time and for the same length of contract?

I wouldn't mind us signing Townsend. He's a Sherwood type player who plays without fear. He's never let England down but has been a bit underwhelming for spurs possible because of the way they play. 

I wouldn't mind us signing Townsend. He's a Sherwood type player who plays without fear. He's never let England down but has been a bit underwhelming for spurs possible because of the way they play. 

We do underwhelming.

Trippier, Robertson, Callum Wilson, Matt Phillips would all be really good signings and wouldn't (you'd think) cost more than £25m for the four of them.

I'd be looking at something similar to that if i were Tim. 

It sounds a tad ridiculous too because he's hardly played for a year but i'd sign George Thorne too.

The problem is, if we don't get money in from Benteke, Townsend would wipe out half our budget. The rest of the players listed would bring in peanuts but all need replacing, including a first team goalkeeper from somewhere. We were lucky enough to sign Guzan back for a free transfer, and picking up talent from Spain is a sound idea but he's ignored Gil, Cissokho and Sanchez to a degree. I'd be surprised if Sherwood can find better for the money per player we have had to spend recently. If Cleverley doesn't sign on a free then we need to buy a replacement for him as well. It's why I worry about Tim casting off so many players, telling them they have no future and have a loser's mentality as I don't see how he can replace them all with improvements. He's going to have to work with some of them if he likes it or not.

• Like 1

Callum Wilson is very good. Whether he can make the stepup to the Premier League I don't know, but he has all the attributes of a good striker, Pace, scores goals and hold the ball all well. I can't see Bournemouth selling him though. 

Trippier, Robertson, Callum Wilson, Matt Phillips would all be really good signings and wouldn't (you'd think) cost more than £25m for the four of them.

If we spent a combined £25m on that set of players I'd cry

Why? Tripper and Robertson would be very good signings and automatic proven premier league players who are only going to get better? 

Trippier £3.5 (release clause), Robertson £7m? He's going to be a top player.

Callum Wilson would be about £9 you'd imagine but if you've watched him play, again only going to get better and is exactly the sort of second striker we need.

Phillips is also a good player, and would probably cost about £8m. 

So probably slightly over £25m actually.

They'd all be first teamers.

Phillips isn't worth £8M, we've already got better players at the club than him.

i personally think he is, he's got a good physique for the league too. I'd like to bet who ever signs him this season will rate him more than £8m at the begging of next season.

Whos have we got better than him? Don't say Sinclair because he's not. 

Phillips is average, just had a few good months post-Christmas. Can we look beyond MON/Pulis targets. £8m could - and should - be used so much better.

• Like 1