Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Steve Sidwell lives in Solihull now probably because of his spell at Villa then. Helenius actually used to live round the corner from me. A mate of mine knocked on his door on Haloween

Maybe that's what scared him away back to Denmark?

Was he dressed up as Roy Keane?

No Helenius was sleep walking at the time

We should be looking at the likes of Charlie Austin to partner benteke. Think they would form a deadly partnership.

If we could also secure both cleverley, sinclair and luongo I reckon our midfield would be in good shape

Defence is the main key for me. We need a good replacement for the outgoing Vlaar and left back still needs addressing.

Hopefully we can secure better players and ship out some deadwood too.

I wouldn't be suprised if N'zonzi lived nearer to VP than the Britannia. Because which footballer would want to live in Stoke. E.g Steve Sidwell currently lives in Solihull. At the moment it would be a pointless move for him tbh.

Most Stoke players live in Cheshire so actually closer to Manchester.

N'zonzi wouldn't come here, Stoke would demand 10m for a start. When they're all on form we have better in midfield aswell.

We should be looking at the likes of Charlie Austin to partner benteke. Think they would form a deadly partnership.

I think they'd be too similar. I'd have Austin as a Benteke replacement though.

We have been linked to James Maddison of Coventry (sky paper talk) I hope so coz he is a great little player!

I started a thread in "Other Football" regarding him a few months back, would be a great signing if this was to happen. He is very similar to Jack Grealish!

He has the same hair cut lol

I think N'zonzi will more likely be bound for WBA than us should he leave Stoke. I suspect Luongo might be more likely a choice for Tim and might cost half the price or slightly less. 

I'd actually prefer to look abroad and see what we can pick up for 15m, think we'd do a lot better for the money. 

I'm hoping if Benteke does go for around 30-40m, we get to spend that on top of anything we had budgeted for the summer. If we can use 50-60m, I think with our scouts, we could be in a really good place.

Although I would rather keep Benteke and spend 30m.

• Like 1

Must admit I'm not as convinced on Austin as some are on here.

Same.

I think he'd be a good player for us. But I'm not sure he'd be worth what we'd inevitably have to pay for him.

I like Austin but he is a retrograde step on Benteke and wont get much better.  Id rather we spent it on somone who might not be at the stage Austin is now but could be a better player than him in a short time

It's like when we sold Downing and Milner and people were convinced Nzogbia would be a better player.

The problem is, we're not going to get a player as good as Benteke, so do we go for a gamble (like Benteke was) on a promising player who could be as good (but also might be another Helenius), or do we go for a player who has done well in the Prem, like Austin.

Simply to decrease the chances of us being in another relegation battle, I'd be happy with us going for an Austin-type. Less risk, higher cost but (somewhat) proven in this league.

As long as we buy 2 or 3 players with the Benteke money, then it could be better off for us in the long run anyway.

Thing is the money we could potentially get for Benteke means we can afford to take less of a risk on a player by spending a little bit more on him.  That is a player who is not just totally unrecognised potential rather than a "know what you are getting type" like Austin.  Not sure Ive made that clear but I know what Im trying to say

The problem is, we're not going to get a player as good as Benteke, so do we go for a gamble (like Benteke was) on a promising player who could be as good (but also might be another Helenius), or do we go for a player who has done well in the Prem, like Austin.

Simply to decrease the chances of us being in another relegation battle, I'd be happy with us going for an Austin-type. Less risk, higher cost but (somewhat) proven in this league.

As long as we buy 2 or 3 players with the Benteke money, then it could be better off for us in the long run anyway.

We should have the money to do both.

£15m on a proven striker and £5-10 on potential. We need two strikers anyway if Benteke goes (one without him leaving)

Then by my calculations that would still leave us with AT LEAST 10 million from Benteke's sale to go towards the rest of the squad

(I know that's simplistic thinking, but you get the picture)