2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Ok I don't want to say too much as I will get told off.  However, it was very close but they were always playing second fiddle to this other bid.  They were told by ML that the other bid was ahead in the race and further down the line.  The HH bid involved sourcing investment from China.  The main stumbling block was red tape in China.  It was becoming frustrating not least for the Chinese personnel involved.  These are money men who are used to getting their way and have lots of things going on at the same time.  As Trent said they see it as a business venture and a vehicle whereby they can make money via the exposure that it would give them.  However, they won't wait around forever and neither will RL.  There's still a chance but its small.  I think our best hope was the other bidder.

TF confirmed to HH that we are looking for a new chairman.  That seems to indicate nothing is close.  I think we will get sold at some point this season probaby not for several months yet.  All I know is that from what I saw and without breaching NDA this would've been fantastic for the club.  HH may receive pelters on here but I know how much he loves the Villa and he managed to get good people involved including Villa people.  I'm going to be honest I was suprised who he managed to get involved both here and in China but I've seen the evidence for myself.

I by complete chance heard rumours about Ian Taylor along with HH being the villa men involved with the chinese funded bid. I am sure HH loves the villa, anyone who still cares clearly does. I think that HH should just blumin spill it, to the extremes of any NDA, rather than behave like some uber class of villa fan. I appreciate his love for villa, he's a fan with business know how, but still a fan. While all this drama has gone on I do wonder what RL has up his sleeve.

I think RL is a willing seller. The price is very fair at £150m.  What happens after that I don't know.  Would love to know why the other deal collapsed.

Ok I don't want to say too much as I will get told off.  However, it was very close but they were always playing second fiddle to this other bid.  They were told by ML that the other bid was ahead in the race and further down the line.  The HH bid involved sourcing investment from China.  The main stumbling block was red tape in China.  It was becoming frustrating not least for the Chinese personnel involved.  These are money men who are used to getting their way and have lots of things going on at the same time.  As Trent said they see it as a business venture and a vehicle whereby they can make money via the exposure that it would give them.  However, they won't wait around forever and neither will RL.  There's still a chance but its small.  I think our best hope was the other bidder.

TF confirmed to HH that we are looking for a new chairman.  That seems to indicate nothing is close.  I think we will get sold at some point this season probaby not for several months yet.  All I know is that from what I saw and without breaching NDA this would've been fantastic for the club.  HH may receive pelters on here but I know how much he loves the Villa and he managed to get good people involved including Villa people.  I'm going to be honest I was suprised who he managed to get involved both here and in China but I've seen the evidence for myself.

I by complete chance heard rumours about Ian Taylor along with HH being the villa men involved with the chinese funded bid. I am sure HH loves the villa, anyone who still cares clearly does. I think that HH should just blumin spill it, to the extremes of any NDA, rather than behave like some uber class of villa fan. I appreciate his love for villa, he's a fan with business know how, but still a fan. While all this drama has gone on I do wonder what RL has up his sleeve.

I think RL is a willing seller. The price is very fair at £150m.  What happens after that I don't know.  Would love to know why the other deal collapsed.

This sounds bad but I think RL is blinkered and wants to sell to a fellow philanthropist who happens to be American and Jewish. So that's Mickey Arison. Anyone else, especially foreigners will not be trusted. Shite and I thought we were a brum club with no bias.

Do we know for sure that the other bid collapsed. I know that's what Howard Hodgson says Merrill Lynch told him, but could it be they said that to him when it isn't exactly true. I guess what I'm wondering is, would they really tell Hodgson anything significant about a rival bid, knowing how much he likes to talk on social media and traditional media.

Edited by useless

Like I said it was more getting funds out of China. I've seen the evidence and it's in no way fabricated.

No. That's why the main backer didn't lose all his fortune.

I'm not picking on you Omar....and appreciate you often have genuine insight but you must see that these two posts appear at odds?

Main backer couldn't get the funds out of China but didnt lose them because the funds arent in China? :detect:

Ok I don't want to say too much as I will get told off. However, it was very close but they were always playing second fiddle to this other bid. They were told by ML that the other bid was ahead in the race and further down the line. The HH bid involved sourcing investment from China. The main stumbling block was red tape in China. It was becoming frustrating not least for the Chinese personnel involved. These are money men who are used to getting their way and have lots of things going on at the same time. As Trent said they see it as a business venture and a vehicle whereby they can make money via the exposure that it would give them. However, they won't wait around forever and neither will RL. There's still a chance but its small. I think our best hope was the other bidder.

TF confirmed to HH that we are looking for a new chairman. That seems to indicate nothing is close. I think we will get sold at some point this season probaby not for several months yet. All I know is that from what I saw and without breaching NDA this would've been fantastic for the club. HH may receive pelters on here but I know how much he loves the Villa and he managed to get good people involved including Villa people. I'm going to be honest I was suprised who he managed to get involved both here and in China but I've seen the evidence for myself.

Aaaand this is why you read the whole thread before commenting.

Cheers Omar. :thumb:

• Like 1

Apparently we aren't using an headhunting firm to find a new chairman (as we supposedly did to find a CEO), which perhaps might indicate that whoever we bring in (if we do bring someone in) is someone already known to Fox.

Like I said it was more getting funds out of China. I've seen the evidence and it's in no way fabricated.

And like I said - there was a huge outflow of Yuan into safe havens prior to the crash. I'm pretty sure the interested party, if they had any sense, would have diverted funds into US treasury bond or whatnot.

Also, the government/regulator intervention was mainly concerning the prevention of large share holders from selling their holdings, along with a ban on short selling, and a the setting up of a fund to buy shares in order to support the market.

Can you show me anything that states there was a prevention of Yuan movement out of China?

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

I've seen various reports of said investor and how much he lost. I think it was more the reduction in value of his companies rather than liquid assets. Like I said it wasn't the main stumbling block anyway. Also I don't know the details but seems like their were a few investors

I've seen various reports of said investor and how much he lost. I think it was more the reduction in value of his companies rather than liquid assets. Like I said it wasn't the main stumbling block anyway. Also I don't know the details but seems like their were a few investors

Didn't you say the Govermnet stopped the outflow of Chinese money? I've not seen any reports that this happened.

Didn't you say the Govermnet stopped the outflow of Chinese money? I've not seen any reports that this happened.

China have blocked major share holders from selling their stock to stop the bottom falling out of the market. Perhaps that is what Omariqy was referring to?

China’s securities regulator took the drastic step of banning shareholders with stakes of more than 5% from selling shares for the next six months in a bid to halt a plunge in stock prices that is starting to roil global financial markets.

The China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) said on its website late on Wednesday that it would deal severely with any shareholders who violated the rule.

Chewie beat me to it, but yeah shareholders holding more than 5% in big companies can't sell their shares.  That would mean they can't release funds if they're tied up in shares in a company...which might be one way an investor might be thinking of paying for the Villa.

That's not stopping an outflow of the Yuan, though, is it?

"It was more getting funds out of China" suggests to me that their was state intervention to stop people moving money away from the country.

Here's an article from Reuters saying about safe havens. Was the interested party really that stupid to have most of his/their wealth locked up in shares?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0PM01620150712

"A lot of high net worth individuals had already taken money out of the stock market because it was getting just too hot," Pallier, the principal of Sydney Sotheby's International Realty, said. "There's a huge amount of cash sitting in China and I think you'll find a lot of that comes to the Australian property market."

Around 20 percent has been knocked off the value of Chinese shares since mid-June, although attempts by authorities to stem the bleeding are having some effect.

Many wealthy Chinese investors had already cashed out. Major shareholders sold 360 billion yuan ($58 billion) in the first five months of 2015 alone, compared to 190 billion yuan in all of 2014 and an average of 100 billion yuan in prior years, according to Bank of America Merrill Lynch".

So do we reckon that Delph's u-u-turn was due to getting info about how rosy things looked with the takeover on the table, and then changed his mind again once it all fell through?

Â