2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I think Dalian Wanda were said to have lost about 7 Billion from their valuation. So I'm presuming that the owner lost quite a bit from his personal wealth too. Maybe if the stock market over there makes a quick recovery something might happen, but I'm not sure how these things work to be honest.

I'd be stunned if any of the super rich folks involved in Dalian Wanda have their cash in their own stock. Thats like rule number 1 of being a massively rich bloke. Diversify you cash. 

Even 50 cent can get this right - he's filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in the US simply to protect his assests. 

If your a mega rich chinese bloke looking to drop £150m on an English football club, a couple of billion off your companies value makes no difference at all and IMO wouldn't impact the sale. 

Hodgson talks an awful lot of bollocks IMO. 

• Like 4

I think Dalian Wanda were said to have lost about 7 Billion from their valuation. So I'm presuming that the owner lost quite a bit from his personal wealth too. Maybe if the stock market over there makes a quick recovery something might happen, but I'm not sure how these things work to be honest.

I'd be stunned if any of the super rich folks involved in Dalian Wanda have their cash in their own stock. Thats like rule number 1 of being a massively rich bloke. Diversify you cash. 

Even 50 cent can get this right - he's filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in the US simply to protect his assests. 

If your a mega rich chinese bloke looking to drop £150m on an English football club, a couple of billion off your companies value makes no difference at all and IMO wouldn't impact the sale. 

Hodgson talks an awful lot of bollocks IMO. 

I don't want to risk any future deal being made but he isn't in this instance.  It wasn't just one backer I believe. I'm pretty sure we would've seen some ex Villa people involved if it went through as well.

Edited by omariqy

I would hazard a guess that they were from the US. It's a shame Howards didn't go through as imo it would be just what this club needed. Money, infrastructure, stability and Villa people involved.

• Like 1

I would hazard a guess that they were from the US. It's a shame Howards didn't go through as imo it would be just what this club needed. Money, infrastructure, stability and Villa people involved.

It's not totally over though is it? I don't know much about the market Crash but as we've seen with the U.S. these crashes are normally a massive over reaction and recover pretty sharpish. Parabolic at times!

Edit: just looked at the charts and the market is already back to what it was in April. The rise between now and then was completely overbought.. It's not like it's been at all time highs for months and then we got a crash. The value they got wiped off only existed for around 3 months!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

The other issue is the Chinese government not letting funds leave the country which I believe was the main issue. The crash just made it worse. But like you say the market is all over the place. Fingers crossed it goes through

The other issue is the Chinese government not letting funds leave the country which I believe was the main issue. The crash just made it worse. But like you say the market is all over the place. Fingers crossed it goes through

Yes I'd suspect the government was the biggest stumbling block. The crash just seemed like crap timing.

On the plus side it genuinely seems like Lerner is no longer to have any involvement with the club. I also liked the sound of Mervyn King as chairman.

From what I could make out he was with the Chinese group (discussion about takeover starts at about the 10 minute mark.) The other group were apparently further along with process but he mentions that someone (can't remember the persons name*) told him that that deal was dead.

* Listening back it sounds like he's saying someone called Noel Lynch told him.

Lol just realised it's Merrill Lynch.

Edited by useless

But what about the billions of Chinese money invested in US treasury bonds and the like? The Chinese government couldn't stop that money from being moved around.

As I said earlier on in the thread - investors look for safe havens in the time of crisis (treasury bonds, foreign property or safe haven currencies) and even if the Goverment did intervene to stop an outflow of Yuan, I think a lot of investors would have reacted in advance to the intervention.

The problem is that a PL football team is nothing like a safe haven.

Well if it's just a case of the Chinese stock market recovering then it's a matter of time until we bought. If HH is of course not embelishing his story a little, for some media attention. No, he wouldn't do that. 

I honestly don't think he would actually.

Well if it's just a case of the Chinese stock market recovering then it's a matter of time until we bought. If HH is of course not embelishing his story a little, for some media attention. No, he wouldn't do that. 

Soooo, it is just a matter of the chinese stock market rebalancing itself yer think?

Soooo, it is just a matter of the chinese stock market rebalancing itself yer think?

To what level?

To what level?

Ask HH

Â