2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

The takeover if it's happening has probably all been settled and finalised, but you don't announce to the world "Hey! We have $22 billion now" in the middle of a transfer window. The second you do that all of our targets go up in price by £10+ million.. So this delay likely isn't bad news, it's likely just getting us one last transfer window before clubs start overcharging us..

Love the theory, but there's no way you can keep a deal as big as that a secret. Be far too many people involved, and people involved might hold businesssss on the stock market etc so it would actually be illegal to do so without announcing it. Edited by Qwpzxjor1

........far too many people involved, and people involved might hold businesssss on the stock market etc so it would actually be illegal to do so without announcing it.

That only applies if we are bought by a listed company. Not if someone buys us like Lerner did.

• Like 2

........far too many people involved, and people involved might hold businesssss on the stock market etc so it would actually be illegal to do so without announcing it.

That only applies if we are bought by a listed company. Not if someone buys us like Lerner did.

Further to this, it only applies if the listed company is registered in a jurisdiction which requires such disclosure.

I think something more would have leaked if there was anything happening.

Ok fair enough. Legally they wouldn't have to disclose it. But with lawyers, etc all needed, God knows how many assistants and proof readers, whoever else.. no way a £150m deal for such a big company and one with such public interest can be kept under wraps.

• Like 2

Even if we were to be taken over QIA tonight and UEFA dropped FFP dropped at the same time. We'd still be playing catch up with Man City. So I don't think this Delph news has anything to do with a takeover.

That's the thing. As much as I want this takeover to happen it won't change much other than likely make players even more unobtainable as clubs start to take the piss. With FFP we can't catch up and without FFP we'd have to outspend Manchester City by a large amount as you know that without FFP they would spend £300 million a season.
That said: if we, hypothetically (discounting FFP), spent as much as City the next windows, we should end up being considerably closer to them quality-wise. The farther down you are in the ladder the easier the climb would be.

Even if we were to be taken over QIA tonight and UEFA dropped FFP dropped at the same time. We'd still be playing catch up with Man City. So I don't think this Delph news has anything to do with a takeover.

That's the thing. As much as I want this takeover to happen it won't change much other than likely make players even more unobtainable as clubs start to take the piss. With FFP we can't catch up and without FFP we'd have to outspend Manchester City by a large amount as you know that without FFP they would spend £300 million a season.

We are not trying to catch up with Man City. We are trying to stop battling against relegation every season.

Ok fair enough. Legally they wouldn't have to disclose it. But with lawyers, etc all needed, God knows how many assistants and proof readers, whoever else.. no way a £150m deal for such a big company and one with such public interest can be kept under wraps.

That's what my point was. Delph may have not been told formally but surely a few nudge nudge wink winks could have taken place to persuade him to stay.

A couple of lawyers and accountants is all that's needed really? They would use trustworthy types too, those who couldn't care less about impressing a few twatters. It could easily be kept under wraps, that's what NDA's are for. You sign one of those and **** around and that's your career over at best.

That said: if we, hypothetically (discounting FFP), spent as much as City the next windows, we should end up being considerably closer to them quality-wise. The farther down you are in the ladder the easier the climb would be.

Initially yes. The climb from 17th to 12th would be pretty easy. From 12th to 6th pretty hard. From 6th up almost impossible. 

You would be surprised what an NDA and threat of being sued for multiple millions can do.

• Like 3

If were not to be taken over what the hell was the point of the club not making a statement saying the skysports exclusivity statement was false the club have always been shite interacting with fans if the case is there is no interest and has never been any interest then the club should start to treat us fans properly. Personally i think we announce a takeover once transfer window shuts.

If were not to be taken over what the hell was the point of the club not making a statement saying the skysports exclusivity statement was false the club have always been shite interacting with fans if the case is there is no interest and has never been any interest then the club should start to treat us fans properly. Personally i think we announce a takeover once transfer window shuts.

It has been announced that were are in an period of exclusivity through the press, now if this is not true then you would think the club would announce that media speculation was false on such a matter, as it could potentially put a potential buyer off enquiring about the purchase of the club. So therefore I think the club is in a period of exclusivity, as it would be foolish to let people think otherwise. Whether that period of exclusivity actually comes to anything remains to be seen, I would guess the six weeks mentioned must be coming to an end soon, so we will probably hear then if anything is happening. We just have to be patient, which is a lot trickier these days as we have all got used to having information only seconds away at the click of a button on a mouse or keyboard.

Â