2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I'm not sure I follow what useless is arguing, but I also don't think it's quite as ridiculous as is being made out. We're supposedly in a period of exclusivity, right? With people pouring over the books and stuff? It seems to me that the 'normal' procedure may be a little different at the moment. Wilkins might be on, what, the best part of a million quid a year? Maybe less. But that might still need a bit more permission in the clubs current situation than it normally would. 

Why would our budgets change during a period of exclusivity. Providing we stay within the clubs budget and FFP laws I really don't know why the budgets would be changed, or why anyone looking at the books would be alarmed by it?

I'd imagine that once money off the books in terms of weekly wages for the players who have left, plus the income from transfers out, is greater than or equal to the money we've added to the books with new wages, then it is unlikely to make any major difference to due process. A couple of pages addendum would show the adjusted balances with everything taken into consideration and once it's not more than what they've been looking at previously, I can't see them caring.

• Like 2

While this is a fascinating argument, I fail to see what it has to do with Micah Richards age

Football manager has his date of birth as 24th June 1988.....

Happy 27th birthday Micah

It would seem he runs the club to an extent but I don't think he'd be making top level appointments, without consulting Lerner first. Lerner has said himself that if no takeover happens then he has a plan b to appoint a Chairman, why would he need to do that if Fox already has complete full control.

On Dalian Wanda there's been a few reports in Italy that they're about to buy and big stake in AC Milan and fund a new stadium. I get the feeling that if they were interested in us it might have be been done by now. But then again you could say if they were interested in Milan that that would have been done by now.

It would seem he runs the club to an extent but I don't think he'd be making top level appointments, without consulting Lerner first. Lerner has said himself that if no takeover happens then he has a plan b to appoint a Chairman, why would he need to do that if Fox already has complete full control.

What age is Micah Richards?

Twenty seven today, according to wiki. The age of the players will be to a large extent down to Sherwood, I'd imagine. Although I guess he'll have been briefed in some way before he took the job, as to which direction the club is looking to go.

Twenty seven today, according to wiki. The age of the players will be to a large extent down to Sherwood, I'd imagine. Although I guess he'll have been briefed in some way before he took the job, as to which direction the club is looking to go.

Do you think he'll focus more on 26/27 year olds? We've had a very young team in recent times.

I haven't got a clue, think he'll go for a mix maybe, but lets keep this on topic.

On topic: I'm not so convinced that we will be bought by Americans, but it's as good a guess as any I suppose.

I guess the most obvious guess at the moment would be Josh Harris, with opinion seeming to sway from Chinese to US buyers. I know he didn't go for Palace in the end, but that's more down to the Palace chairman still wanting to keep his job and basically still run the club.

Something about Josh Harris I can't quite put my finger on.

Seems to be involved with a lot of takeovers but none seem to ever come off. Not necessarily a bad thing (Peter Lim for example was the same and eventually ended up at Valencia) but i'm not sure Lerner would grant exclusivity to someone if he felt they would pull out or had history of pulling out of deals. I could be wrong. I'm not convinced it's him.

Something to suggest that it won't be Harris, is that it was reported (And reports are mostly all we have to go on) that the club have been in talks with the prospective owners for a while now. So not sure they would have been seemingly so close to buying Palace whist in discussions to buy Villa.

Bit late to the party here but, FWIW, I run a small business and I don't get involved in the slightest who my commercial manager hires. Her team has a budget and she's free to use it how she deems best. Otherwise, there's no point in delegating that responsibility over to her.

• Like 2

On Dalian Wanda there's been a few reports in Italy that they're about to buy and big stake in AC Milan and fund a new stadium. I get the feeling that if they were interested in us it might have be been done by now. But then again you could say if they were interested in Milan that that would have been done by now.

Yeah i also read somewhere that they were going to announce their latest acquisition but article never mentioned anything in particular.

They have been linked with Tesco town aswell....

Just read that he actually took Tesco town to china before any other british team... thats worrying....

hopefully im just clutching at straws...

Edited by leighavfc

Looking on an Albion forum, a lot of them seem to be saying that It won't be us it'll be Villa. But in all probability it won't be either of us. There has also been rumours of Bari too, so I think, it's mostly just wild speculation on the back of the article from 'Today China.

Looking on an Albion forum, a lot of them seem to be saying that It won't be us it'll be Villa. But in all probability it won't be either of us. There has also been rumours of Bari too, so I think, it's mostly just wild speculation on the back of the article from 'Today China.

Yeah i think its unlikely either of us will be brought out by them, tbh. it would be nice if it was us though !!!

• Like 1

Bit late to the party here but, FWIW, I run a small business and I don't get involved in the slightest who my commercial manager hires. Her team has a budget and she's free to use it how she deems best. Otherwise, there's no point in delegating that responsibility over to her.

You're a wise man. However, it's not always like that.

So basically nobody knows anything new.....or have I missed something?

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

Â