2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Why would Joshua Harris be underwhelming anyway

We've been owned by one the world's poorest billionaires for long enough without being sold to another one, we need someone to come in with a bit financial clout. Besides that, doesn't Harris also have a reputation for asset stripping.

We've been owned by one the world's poorest billionaires for long enough without being sold to another one, we need someone to come in with a bit financial clout. Besides that, doesn't Harris also have a reputation for asset stripping.

He's worth $2 billion - that's hardly poor. If he owned us I think he'd be top 10 compared to other PL owners. Also, you're assuming that how much somebody will spend is directly proportional to their wealth when it isn't.

He's worth $2 billion - that's hardly poor. If he owned us I think he'd be top 10 compared to other PL owners. Also, you're assuming that how much somebody will spend is directly proportional to their wealth when it isn't.

Of course how much someone will spend is proportional to their wealth. If you've got no money then you can't spend it. At least if we get taken over by someone worth £20B or whatever, then they've actually got some money and a choice whether to spend it or not.

Of course how much someone will spend is proportional to their wealth. If you've got no money then you can't spend it. At least if we get taken over by someone worth £20B or whatever, then they've actually got some money and a choice whether to spend it or not.

Not sure if you're actually being serious here? If you go and look at the list of Premier League owners and their wealth you'll see that it doesn't work like that at all.

Not sure if you're actually being serious here? If you go and look at the list of Premier League owners and their wealth you'll see that it doesn't work like that at all.

Which part doesn't look serious? That you can't spend money if you don't have it, or that if your worth £20B you've actually got the money to spend and the choice to spend it, rather than no choice at all? Seems like common sense to me. If we're taken over by mega rich owners there's no guarantee that they're going to spend big but at least the possibility is there.

Ah Josh Harris....what happen to the Crystal Palace takeover btw, I thought that was supposed to have been done halfway through last season?

Shock horror these things take time...

The Palace owner doesn't want to sell the whole club and wants to stay on as Chairman, as he wants it to be continued to be run as it's being run now.

Ah Josh Harris....what happen to the Crystal Palace takeover btw, I thought that was supposed to have been done halfway through last season?

Shock horror these things take time...

The Palace owner doesn't want to sell the whole club and wants to stay on as Chairman, as he wants it to be continued to be run as it's being run now.

Yes I know that but all last season we were getting "OMG Palace going to be spending 100m soon, how will we ever compete with them again" etc.

It's just nice to know we're not the only club where it takes an enternity for new ownerships.

In any case Palace need a lick of paint on their god awful ground far more than half a new team.

• Like 1

Is it better to have the richest millionaire or the poorest billionaire? Until FFP is changed we won't need a stupidly rich owner but hopefully that's exactly what we have coming and we are clever enough to wait until UEFA change the rules at the end of this month before announcing a sale. If by all accounts new owners are allowed a lot more leeway with losses we could be in a very good position.

I think some people seem to forget that the Club does actually make some money. We can buy players without having a stupidly rich owner. The issue with Lerner is he needed the club to stop losing money because of years of mismanagement during his ownership.

• Like 1

What constitutes as serious investment though?

If people are expecting any new owner to splash out straight away I must admit it just won't happen whilst they haven't got their man in place as manager and are getting used to him in place in my opinion.

It's not a dig at Sherwood or anything like that it's just how it is, they will back him but not to the extent of what I feel people are talking about here.

Â