Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

it's not where they live they have to worry about, it's where they're going

I thought the ethnicity one was fascinating. I might have mentioned a while ago that my nipper brought the whole school photo home and it was virtually entirely white.

Having just looked at the ethnicity chart, it shows this area as 98.4% white British.

I wonder how many of that 98.4% are worried about all the foreigners.

Coincidentally, that doubles as a map showing the percentage of residents that are immigrants.

Depends how you define immigrant… third and fourth generation Asian / Afro-Carribean families cannot be described as immigrants

True. In some cities 'religious' = 'Muslim'. Then again, Glasgow & Liverpool.

Hmm as its an area I know well, there's something not quite right about the data imo. If you go to the Fazakerley area (easy to spot - its North-East of the city centre and has the only blue patch for miles). That blue patch consists of half of a large hospital, a jail, an industrial estate and a small section of a housing estate. Firstly the hospital half of the hospital is blue, this is the main part, the one with all the surgical wards in, the other part of the hospital is orange, now the only overnight stayers in that part of the hospital are in two nursing homes on the far side, I'm quite prepared to believe that with their older residents there is a higher proportion of religious types there but are we really to believe that only atheists get medical treatment? In a city that is so obviously religious according to the data. The jail is full of atheists? and that one half of a housing estate is a hotbed of atheism but the other half is full of god fearing Catholics (Predominantly white and the only church and school in that estate is Catholic), is there some kind of Atheist / Catholic divide on the estate? Not from my experience there isn't. I also doubt anyone lived in the industrial estate that night.

I can also identify a large non denominational secondary school in Formby where big parts of the building are highly religious and one corner of it is less so. Theres only a caretaker and his wife that live there! and they don't live in the building I'm talking about but this also means that the data isn't postcode based as a school would have one postcode. I look at where I lived at the time of the census and all three of us were atheists, yet the map doesn't display that at all.

Oh and flip the data to Buddhist, not a chance in hell of that being accurate. I can find a shopping mall that is 3.2% Buddhist, no-one but no-one lives there or works overnight even and its percentage doesn't even bleed into surrounding housing estates. Even the roads with Buddhist Temples on don't get remotely close to that figure.

• 3 weeks later...

No rollercoasters in Iceland at all? What a shit place to live in.

"I hate Iceland. There'e not one rollercoaster in this whole country. There's not one rollercoaster in Iceland. There's somethin' basically wrong with that"

Birmingham, 300 (ish) years ago:

uakIUAQ.png

Click to expand.   And yes, now I know why Cherry Street is called Cherry Street. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 3

Â