Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

Watch Switzerland, for the last half a millennia they have remained unchanged and untouched, while everything is changing around them. How have those pesky neutrals managed to do it.

you really dont like the Swiss do you ;)

• 2 weeks later...

londonlocal.jpg

Green = open land

Yellow = a 'town/village' within the metropolis

Blue = a high street/centre of commerce

Orange/brown = residential, not sure of the significance of the difference in colour.

Purple dots = centres of education (excluding schools)

Green dots = hospitals

Edited by The_Rev

Watch Switzerland, for the last half a millennia they have remained unchanged and untouched, while everything is changing around them. How have those pesky neutrals managed to do it.

you really dont like the Swiss do you ;)

I admire the country in many ways, its ability to avoid wars, the fact that they took in so many refugees from around the world in the 90s, the fact that their economy is so strong and their country is so clean. There are many things to be admired about Switzerland the actual country. It's the damn football team I don't like, they have been getting an easy ride for too long, and the Swiss Blatter is loving it.

Edited by Voinjama

My name is Ashley (the male version)

Mate, there isn't a male version...

It was a male name long, LONG before it was a female name.

Incidentally, did you know that the (male) author Evelyn Waugh's first wife was also called Evelyn?

Meh that's nothing ...

My daddy left home when I was three and he didn't leave much to ma and me ...  But the meanest thing that he ever did Was before he left, he went and named me "Sue

• Like 1

yeah

I was kinda trying to stitch two stories together.

Loved Monkey and his little cloud when I was a kid.

The versions I used to watch on TV always showed him with golden hair.

I'm surprised you read/watch Chinese literature (even if it's a translation). :thumb:

Edited by legov

It was a fantastically poorly overdubbed Chinese import with special effects that made 1970’s Dr Who look slick, but it was quite the craze in my school. They put it on the early TV slot so you’d run home from school, jammie dodger, squash, watch Monkey then all out to batter the living daylights out of each other re enacting the fight scenes.

This has now morphed into slo mo fight scenes in the kitchen with my kids where they know that if I shout (in a stereotype Chinese voice) ‘ahhhhh, monkaaaaay’, they need to be on their slo mo fight game.

• Like 1

Â