Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

it was a weird one as I'm fairly sure they also told us that they already know who the next one is going to be  .. it won't surprise you to learn he is Chinese  ( and appointed by the Chinese )

That can't be going down well with the locals.

legov, on 19 Sept 2013 - 1:27 PM, said:

Quoteit was a weird one as I'm fairly sure they also told us that they already know who the next one is going to be  .. it won't surprise you to learn he is Chinese  ( and appointed by the Chinese )

That can't be going down well with the locals.

say it quietly but I got the impression a lot of the locals don't care

With the new rail link into Lhasa and typical Chinese assimilation program, the first thing you see when you got off the train at Lhasa is new buildings and Neon lights ... the locals have electricity , running water and some new found wealth  .. I can't speak for all of them but they seemed quite happy with it all .. only thing they seemed pissed off with was the countless Chinese tourists swarming about the place ( the locals call them mosquitos as they are irritating and make a lot of noise  :) )

Richard Gere and a few monks aren't too impressed mind you

I'm obviously simplifying matters slightly .. there are soldiers on the roof tops observing people for example but I didn't get any under current of resentment by and large

• Like 1

it was a weird one as I'm fairly sure they also told us that they already know who the next one is going to be 

but my limited understanding of it all was that the new DL had to be some form of re-incarnation of the previous one

So, it's like Dr Who, then?  :mellow: 

Also add the non-invasion of Switzerland down to the fact that land area aside, there is not much point invading it.

Plus as soon as you enter the damn country you fall in love with it and all thoughts of war/invasion **** off. And it has great wheat beer and chocolate.

Switzerland's border entries are all mined. Threatened with imminent invasion, the bridges, roads and tunnels in and out go boom.

Parachute in there and you'll find the majority of the population will have taken up arms against you.

Not an attractive proposition, Nazi gold or no Nazi gold.

Awol, on 25 Sept 2013 - 4:03 PM, said:

Literal country name translations from Mandarin Chinese:

al6jcj.jpg

where is fat dumb people land :)

About 4000 miles due west. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â