The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Today wasn't good and last week was awful but before that we were playing great stuff. Today I think he should've played more players who could've forced their way in next week as I think some couldn't raise their game and we were sloppy at times. One thing he'll have realised is that we aren't good enough to not be playing at full tempo. That's done to the overall quality of some which is what needs to be addressed in the summer.

Would just point out to all the "early goal" merchants that almost every PL team scored against us at the end of games under MON, most during stoppage time. I didn't see the same level of criticism then.

It certainly pissed me off just as much.

I think today showed very well that we need to bring in winners into this team, just like Tim said. Players that would not tolerate a performance like today.

Maybe the last two matches have brought back some more realistic expectations for next season, at least I myself was already getting carried away with all the wonderful football and points. There's a lot to do before next season.

Edited by AVTuco

Spurs fans nicknamed him 'Tim Tactic' His tactics today and at Southampton were embarrassing. I hope he works it out for Wembley.

That's my major concern about him, tactically naive and too stubborn to change them even when it's clear it's not working.

Tactically naive when we lose, what about when we win? What about when we dominated Liverpool, spurs, Everton and man city?

I've never known fans make so much of the comments of a few fans of another club.

Really, who cares what they said ?

If you don't like particular tactics in particular games, criticise away fair enough, but must we keep hearing their no doubt expert views formed after 10 games ?

And for my money anyone can criticise Sherwood all they like, I'm sure it won't keep him awakecat night, but don't people think that criticism,rather than calling him stupid, naive etc , which has again been said on here today, would be appropriate for our own Manager who has, after all, been here only briefly and inherited players who'd given up.

For me, it is the difference between disagreeing with what he does,which is fair enough, and criticising his knowledge (e.g. of tactics) which is really pretty silly, given that there really is a good chance he has read all the same books even the greatest tactician amongst these fine boards has.

• Like 1

Thank you Tim for giving AVFC another season of Prem. footy. It looked so likely that we were done under Lambert. Thank you Tim for a first FA cup final in years.

I'm not too bothered about today, despite the result and performance being disappointing, it was an obvious distraction for next week. Now get us organised, get us motivated and win the cup! Then we can build for next sesson!

• Like 3

We've just been thrashed by a midtable team in Southampton and our reaction was to go and lose at home to a team that had already been relegated, I think fans have the right to ask a few questions. Sherwood needs to get things back on track next week.

• Like 1

Or we'll lose the Cup final and the good start that he made will have been tainted by a dismal end to the season. And if we do get taken over maybe the new owners will seriously question Sherwood's credentials.

Edited by useless

He's done what was required of him this season

Were safe and we have a cup final to look forward to

The last game was a dead rubber i couldn't care less that we lost today in fact I'm actually pretty annoyed we didn't rest our players for the cup final

It's over to Lerner now back the man or sell to someone who will

Lets give Tim a full preseason with the team and at least one transfer window before we sack him eh?

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Or we'll lose the Cup final and the good start that he made will have been tainted by a dismal end to the season. And if we do get taken over maybe the new owners will seriously question Sherwood's credentials.

Let's not go overboard. He's kept us up, that was his sole objective. The cup would be a bonus.

• Like 4

A Cup win will be more than just a bonus. If we win it I won't be thinking 'well we've won the cup, but it's just a bonus. The main thing is that we've avoided relegation'.

A Cup win will be more than just a bonus. If we win it I won't be thinking 'well we've won the cup, but it's just a bonus. The main thing is that we've avoided relegation'.

this is a struggle to understand

Really disappointed with the last 2 results and the overall way in which we have played. Fully expecting us to get smashed in the final now and I also have some doubts over how we will perform next season.

Only QPR lost more games than us and had a worse goal difference. We also only managed to pick up points across 18 games which is shameful.

Still worried.

Edited by Tayls

A dismal end to the season? We've lost 2 games and only had one really bad 45 mins in all. The objective was safety which after the Hull game seemed nigh on impossible. We now have one game left and Sherwood could become a legend but no matter what happens he's done great and if we can replicate this form next season we will be comfortably mid table. Thanks Tim

We've just been thrashed by a midtable team in Southampton and our reaction was to go and lose at home to a team that had already been relegated, I think fans have the right to ask a few questions. Sherwood needs to get things back on track next week.

Depends what you mean by asking questions.

I hear all these comments about tactics

We conceded today because were out muscled twice in the air....and we are getting out muscled by teams outside the top six regularly.

• Like 1

Come on guys fair enough he has kept us up ,but last 2 games have been garbage.We finished one place out of the bottom 3 piss poor ,should off pushed up and finished above the rest in the relegation battle and go into to the FA cup with confidence tactics questionable at times and team selection to.I just hope he doesn't become a MON and sign British players only and pay $$$ that's my fear.Not playing Gil still puzzling decsion even off the bench.That back four needs a lot if work and Vlaar should be let go not resigned.

Edited by ozvilla28
  • Like 1

When you consider the position we were in when he arrived he's done quite well really regardless of the last two games. It's quite hard to understate just how bad a place we were in when we finally sacked Lambert - mentally the team were absolutely shot.

• Like 3

Â