Our midfield problem

Mic09

If we put Gollini and Jed Steer in centre midfield they would offer a lot more

Ian Taylor and Lee Hendrie are still associated with the club, they would be a lot better and i think both are over 40

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Haven't seen any of the game but just switched on BBC an saw both midfielders taken off at half time... Ouch... Were they really that bad today?

Very, very poor. Commentary were constantly mentioning how the midfield was not doing anything. We should have been 4-0 down at HT.

Burton Albion ripped our midfield to peices so it was no suprise that a team of Neil Warnock's thugs would do the same. 

A complete overhaul is required, at least 3 need to come in. And as i said in the match thread, i hope to god the decision to give Gardner a new deal was a business one from Round and not a footballing one from Bruce (although that would also raise questions of Round). Him and Westwood simply offer nothing, they put a strain on the defence and leave the forwards isolated. At this point, until we bring in a couple of players, I'd see what Jordan Lyden and Tshibola can do. 

I never want to see these guys again. Both dragged off at half time, the 2nd time in 3 games for Gardner (though the Burton game could have been due to a knock), it a f##king disgrace that these mugs are still on the books.  

watching Newcastle and they signed the lad Hayden from Arsenal for peanuts who gets around the pitch, always wants the ball and puts in tackles. Why can we never pick up players like that, instead we spent near 12 million on Jedinak and Tshibola

I agree OBE. 

Jedinak can't pass a ball

Westwood has no balls

Gardner and Bacuna are league 1 at best. 

What a bloody selection after spending about £100m over 2 windows. Sherwood and RDM have a lot to answer for. 

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

This is shocking

I mean, I'm "liking" this post as it's ridiculous. 9 touches BETWEEN them?!

It's pretty rare for the BBC to roast players in a match report too, but their site states Westwood and Gardner were "bypassed". 

Thankfully didn't watch the game, but that's appalling. 

• Like 1

So 45 mins of play, 9 touches between 2 players is 4.5 each. Or 1 touche every 10 mins. 

And thats why they effect the whole team. It invites pressure onto the defence and leaves the forwards isolated. Both of these guys should never play for us again. 

Nt: 

I am fully aware that you can't have half a touche, the numbers just made the maths easy :trollface:

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

I mean, you have to actively be trying to avoid the ball to have that few touches in 45 minutes.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if I played for Villa the ball would just hit me at least 5 times in a half. That's more than these guys averaged. Wow. 

• Like 1

Â