Superbowl XLIX

Tegis

Superbowl poll  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the superbowl?

• Patriots
    • Seahawks

Brace yourselves for the part time NFL experts!  Nothing worse than people who watch the only Superbowl every year and act like they know it all. 

Or the ones that watch it of their own accord, proceed to let other people know how bad it is and how it's played by pad-wearing pansies. Not like REAL MEN WHO PLAY RUGBY.

no high horse, i just think it's silly. what's the point in watching the game if all you're gonna do is let other people know how boring it is? Don't watch it then!

Who are you referring to and where is this happening?  The vast majority of NFL fans in here are pretty clued up.  I just don't understand why you brought something like that up?  

oh i'm not talking about on here, all the guys on here i know are cool. folks on twitter and facebook are regular offenders. happens every year at superbowl time. 

not sure why i posted it on here actually. letting off steam I guess.  ^_^ it's good that people actually seem to take an interest and watch the game though. the sport is definitely growing.

Edited by adz.villa

Fair enough.  Incidentally I can't pick a winner so have had a few bets that don't rely on who wins.  Things like the over under and anytime TDs etc.  I just want a close,  high scoring game please. I think I will alternate between the sky and C4 coverage whilst having  a US link for the ads. 

oh i'm not talking about on here, all the guys on here i know are cool. folks on twitter and facebook are regular offenders. happens every year at superbowl time. 

If only there was a solution to that....

Brace yourselves for the part time NFL experts!  Nothing worse than people who watch the only Superbowl every year and act like they know it all. 

Or the ones that watch it of their own accord, proceed to let other people know how bad it is and how it's played by pad-wearing pansies. Not like REAL MEN WHO PLAY RUGBY.

Im in neither of these camps.

What I dislike about the sport is that its a struggle to enjoy the whole game without technology IMO of course. This isnt saying its a poor game its just that if you follow the ball and the throw you can miss large parts of tactical movement and tackles which you then see through replays.

Maybe the ability to see everything gets better with more exposure but ive now seen a fair few games as well as a live game in the US. Live you can certainly see the speed and power of these guys and the power of the tackles. 

I enjoy the spectacle of NFL not just the Superbowl. Its such a massive team sport and everyone gets involved. Seeing games live is much more a day out rather than 3 hours down Villa Park. 

I will endeavour to like it even with the over celebration of every tackle, catch and block. 

Â