New Music 2015

bickster

I have "If You're Feeling Sinister", thought it was OK, but never felt moved to investigate them further.

allegedly, that's their best album, though my favourite is 'Push Barman To Open Old Wounds', which is kind of a compilation of their Eps with songs that are not on other albums. So, it's kind of like a 'The Best of The Beatles' album.

for anybody with a spare 30 minutes and access via cable or sky to BBC 2 Wales - new music programme on now including the lovely 'Climbing Trees'

****  edit flash!!!

now showing Houdini Dax from back in the summer at Clwb Ifor Bach

I was there! as they say.

I'll see if I can spot a sweaty bald head at the back nodding aggressively

houdini dax

aaaaarghhhhh the woman on there now is doing the whole 10 notes for the price of one singing style, accompanied by the hand waving just in case you mi i i i i ssed all the ex x x x tra no o o o otessssss

Edited by chrisp65

• 2 weeks later...

Sherwood & Pinch - Late Night Endless

Dubstep collaboration between Pinch and the greatest (for me) dub producer ever

Not really a huge fan of dubstep per say but with the Sherwood influence all through this and the snippets of Prince Far I, Scratch and the rest of the On-U posse it makes it interesting for me.

• Like 2

Not really a huge fan of dubstep per say but with the Sherwood influence all through this and the snippets of Prince Far I, Scratch and the rest of the On-U posse it makes it interesting for me.

Thanks for this Bicks. If you click on this link here to MixMag, there is a free download to their mixmag session, with an hour of top tuneage.

http://www.mixmag.net/music/in-session/in-session-sherwood-pinch

• Like 1

I have "If You're Feeling Sinister", thought it was OK, but never felt moved to investigate them further.

allegedly, that's their best album, though my favourite is 'Push Barman To Open Old Wounds', which is kind of a compilation of their Eps with songs that are not on other albums. So, it's kind of like a 'The Best of The Beatles' album.

It is their best album, followed closely by Tigermilk.  The new one is excellent though, in my opinion.  "If You're Feeling Sinister" is my favourite album ever, I can't describe how much I love it.  I worked out the other day though, that it's 17 years since I first saw them live!  Still feels like yesterday, middle age has crept up on me like a thief in the night. :(

It is their best album, followed closely by Tigermilk.  The new one is excellent though, in my opinion.  "If You're Feeling Sinister" is my favourite album ever, I can't describe how much I love it.  I worked out the other day though, that it's 17 years since I first saw them live!  Still feels like yesterday, middle age has crept up on me like a thief in the night. :(

I don't have 'sinister', as I got into B & S a bit late in the day. :(

I'm thinking I should invest, as 'Push Barman' is easily one of my favourite albums I possess.

I'd plumb for The Boy with the Arab Stap. Although I like the vast majority of their output.

Some great songs on there as well, although a couple I really can't get on with.  Chalet Lines being one of them.

IYFS is one of THE great post-Britpop albums though in my opinion. 

New FNM  album this year.

From my point of view it doesn't get much more exciting than these lot releasing their first new album since 1997.

Easily in my top 10 bands of all time, and i'm expecting their usual genius.

The reunited Faith No More have announced Sol Invictus, their first new album since 1997's Album of the Year. It's out May 19 via Reclamation Recordings/Ipecac Recordings

The album was produced by bassist Bill Gould in the band's studio in Oakland, California. In September, Gould talked about what the album would sound like. "Everything we do, with our chemistry, the way we play; it's always going to sound like us," he said. "It's just what we do, that makes us feel good. Hopefully it doesn't sound like a bunch of 50-year-old men... which we are!"

excited-baby.gif

• Like 1

New FNM  album this year.

From my point of view it doesn't get much more exciting than these lot releasing their first new album since 1997.

Easily in my top 10 bands of all time, and i'm expecting their usual genius.

The reunited Faith No More have announced Sol Invictus, their first new album since 1997's Album of the Year. It's out May 19 via Reclamation Recordings/Ipecac Recordings

The album was produced by bassist Bill Gould in the band's studio in Oakland, California. In September, Gould talked about what the album would sound like. "Everything we do, with our chemistry, the way we play; it's always going to sound like us," he said. "It's just what we do, that makes us feel good. Hopefully it doesn't sound like a bunch of 50-year-old men... which we are!"

excited-baby.gif

Can't wait. I can't quite believe it's actually happening.

• Like 2

Thanks for this Bicks. If you click on this link here to MixMag, there is a free download to their mixmag session, with an hour of top tuneage.

http://www.mixmag.net/music/in-session/in-session-sherwood-pinch

Cheers will download that.

As for new music I'm looking forward to see what The Skints album will be like next month, the new tune is decent even if it's about London.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC

1st new Blur album in 12 years announced today!

I'm loving the new track, it's got a real classic Blur vibe to it - the Bassline is some next level Parklife era shizzle.

I'm potentially going to get pelters for this, but Albarns voice has got a bit deeper with time and he sounds like Pete Doherty in the chorus

Article and track up on Pitchfork if you want check it out