New Music 2015

bickster

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the new Ceremony. Their last album retained some of the raw punk sound from their 'Rohnert Park' album, but more than dabbled in their post-punk influences. Based on the first single(s) from the new album, they've gone full-on Joy Division (well, except that he's channeling Iggy Pop with the vocals on the second song). Edited by JamieZ
  • Like 2

New Rihanna single's pretty disappointing seems like she's trying to sound like Young Thug / Future but it ends up sounding quite flat. Looking forward to the new Perfume double “Relax In The City/Pick Me Up” and Carter 6.

Edited by useless

New Godspeed You! Black Emperor album out next month - listen to a track here

Its payday… so this week's purchase was obvious

EDIT: Love the closed grove on the vinyls side one, can't do that on a digital version :D

But then my good friend Bob Parker who runs Probe Records (the shop) and former Walking Seed just shouted Oi and held this up in the air

I called him a very bad man for doubling my spend. You'll note from the above ad that its actually 5 days before the release date ;)

• Like 1

A couple of months old, but:

homepage_large.24a21943.jpg

RAW!

I haven't been able to get into it the way I have some of their prior albums, but I may come around to it. Their last two albums just don't seem to have the urgency of their first two albums and the 'Onwards To The Wall' EP, which was amazing.

If you dig A Place To Bury Strangers, you may enjoy the Soft Moon.

Edited by JamieZ

A couple of months old, but:

homepage_large.24a21943.jpg

RAW!

I haven't been able to get into it the way I have some of their prior albums, but I may come around to it. Their last two albums just don't seem to have the urgency of their first two albums and the 'Onwards To The wall' EP, which was amazing.

If you dig A Place To Bury Strangers, you may enjoy the Soft Moon.

I'll give them a listen.

Totally off thread, but just discovered that 2010 album (forget the name)(sorry donnie) by 65daysofstatic. A beaut

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The new Carly Rae Jepsen (E.MO.TION) is an absolute drool faucet of a record. It'll take some doing for any other album to beat it as my AOTY. The most obvious comparison would Taylor Swift's 1989.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Rihanna single's pretty disappointing seems like she's trying to sound like Young Thug / Future but it ends up sounding quite flat. Looking forward to the new Perfume double “Relax In The City/Pick Me Up” and Carter 6.

That Perfume single is really good

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...