• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Lambert needs to either beg Lerner for cash on the phone , or walk away .

He never pushed on when challenging between top 4-6 places let alone the bottom 4-6

Yes he did. He spent an absolute shit ton of money on Martin O'Neill's dross. 

Read it again!

I'm sorry but we need a clinical striker desperately! Benteke cannot finish anything within 10yds. He's had plenty of chances in the past few games. Should have another 3-4 goals to his name. Yeah people say you can't always rely on him but when your playing as the main striker every game it's kind of expected to be the goal getter. Needs competition for place!

Edited by AdamDouggie
  • Like 2

I'm sorry but we need a clinical striker desperately! Benteke cannot finish anything within 10yds. He's had plenty of chances in the past few games. Should have another 3-4 goals to his name. Yeah people say you can't always rely on him but when your playing as the main striker every game it's kind of expected to be the goal getter. Needs competition for place!

Adam here has had 28 profile views. I reckon all 28 of them have been to take a closer look at the lovely lady on his avatar. I know mine was. 

Agree on Benteke, but for my money that is just endemic of a wider problem. We don't create enough regardless and he's had nowhere near the opportunities he should to bang an easy one away and to build his confidence as a result. He's not blameless, none of them are, but the buck stops right at the top. 

• Like 2

ala darren bent

• Like 1

Lambert:

"We peppered their goal and dominated the game".

Interesting...was he watching the same game as me?

I agree, I think he was watching a different game. We were awful first half but had a purple 20 minutes in the second half and really should have scored. I agree we dominated in that period but we just never dominated the  game. Gil was an absolute revelation and really is the player we have been looking for. Sadly their second goal, thanks Delph you utter cock, knocked the stuffing out of us.

I think I finally agree with many fans Cleverley is not worth the money, I would be tempted on a free that's all. What we do need is a striker. Gabby was his usual run around a lot no end product self but Benteke was absolute dog shit. I had given him the benefit of the doubt as he has had poor service but today with the service he was appalling. Its also now really annoying that he lambasts his team mates for his poor play. I would drop him if we had a better option. Weimar run the channels but that is about it.

Overall we were much better today but carry on like this and it's definite relegation.

Lambert deluded. A 15 minute spell of a few shots being seen as 'dominating' the game shows how poor our attacking has been.

Cleverley shouldn't be in the team. Four central midfielders is up there with McLeish playing seven defenders against Spurs. Madness when you are struggling to create. And how long do we keep with playing Benteke? At what point do we admit he needs dropping? Our best form in the past two years was with him out of the team, and lets face it, he's only had a run of six months where he was scoring goals regularly....

• Like 1

Gil is awesome.

Sanchez is awesome.

Delph a is myth I just don't understand.

I would sell him for anything more than about £7m. I like his energy but all he really has is...well that energy. If Liverpool really think he is Gerrard's replacement, good luck to them and give us the money.

• Like 1

Only watched the second half, but despite losing there were a few positives I thought. Some nice rythm and tempo at times, chemisty between players seemed a bit better,

Gil has vision and natural talent on the ball - that is obvious. He was able to find his teammates on several occasions with intelligent and well tuned passes. Loved watching him and looking forward to more of that.

Sanchez was great. Got a real presence about him. Strong physically and calm on the ball. Almost functions as our playmaker now as well, although I'm not sure that's the plan or just happens because the rest of the midfielders are low on confidence and ability.

Bearded Baker.

Benteke will come good - soon. He is a top top player but needs to focus on the team and stay positive in order to unleash the beast within.

Still worried about relegation.

• Like 1

Delph you word removed sell the bastard

Cleverley n gabby hang your head in shame next you go to an ATM machine and withdraw the money you are clearly stealing off the club

After today I'd try and get gil and grealish into the same team and I thought I'd never say it but I'd swap bentekr with weimann

Think I got a man crush on Sanchez and okore lol

Henderson was immense for them today by the way

Gil was the bright point, although the performance was much better. I know it sounds odd, but to a large extent that was a very even game - we just don't score goals. I thought the back four were all okay and Guzan made a couple of good saves, Sanchez and Delph were reasonable, I think Westwood was the right one to take off at that point - Cleverly was terrible, awful today; I've stuck up for him in the past but he was everything he's been called today, he doesn't want to be here and it looks like he's not particularly wanted either. Front two (three when Andi came on) looked pretty uninterested until Gil arrived and it was noticeable how quickly both Gabby and Benteke sprung to life on sight of a midfielder who looked interested in them. Gil made a difference, we've seen thirty minutes of him, and he's arguably our most important player. That's not a good situation, but he looked excellent today.

Referee was appalling - but that's not a surprise, we've all seen the Clattenburg routine before (I thought he wasn't allowed to referee Liverpool?) - as a bit of a bonus, his linesmen were also shit today.

Liverpool? Meh. Nothing. Top six maybe?

"We'll score again, don't know where, don't know when etc"

• Like 1

Can't fault Lambert for this one 

He's the manager, we have struggled to score for a while now, the manager is tasked with sorting this out, he hasn't...

Of course you can fault Lambert for it, we are and have been woeful for pretty much the duration of his tenure...

Exactly, how many games do we need to see to know that.....a very large number apparently.

ala darren bent

8493aab70af54c5fd1de74a90a150523441a49e3

• Like 3

ala darren bent

8493aab70af54c5fd1de74a90a150523441a49e3

lol idle git i know but scores tap in's given a run if he scores 2 goals it's 2 more than the last 9 hours

Â