• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Horrible game once again, bar the 10 minutes after Gil and Weimann came on.

Cleverley must have finally lost his place now. Lambert is one useless manager but I'll give him that he (or is scouting team) has an eye for a player. Gil looked fantastic.

Inevitably there are going to be people who come on here and post in this thread and others, saying that because we played well for 15 minutes in the second half there are positive signs. I couldn't disagree more. We looked laboured, the defence lost it's shape several times, the style of play still doesn't match the actual personnel on the pitch. In the end we lost easily, and only Benteke's shot into Mignolet's face really tested them. He should have been sacked last week, he should still be sacked this week. Not much else to say really. Gil looked half decent. 

• Like 4

Just not good enough. Changes happened too late and whilst there were positives in this game, as a season it is shoddy to say the least. I said in the match thread:

If an NHS hospital fails to meet standard targets, it will be the management responsible for that target, not the staff working under their guidelines,

If the local council fails to meet standard targets, it will be Councillors / management responsible for that target, not the general staff working under their guidelines.

If a chief executive fails to appease stakeholders, it will be the chief executive responsible, not the staff working under their guidelines. 

If a manager fails to get results, it is the manager that is responsible, not the team.  

• Like 2

I also hate to say it but Lambert has done good when giving funds , wish Lerner would give him 10m , think we should be able to push on from there .... Dembele Lennon . And I would be delighted !!!

I also hate to say it but Lambert has done good when giving funds , wish Lerner would give him 10m , think we should be able to push on from there .... Dembele Lennon . And I would be delighted !!!

At ht I thought Cleverley and Delph should go off as they were poor. Taking Westwood off was a mistake. Gil is amazing.

That goal killed me..and th

He team by the looks of it

Deflated....

Poor line up and tactics first half cost us.

Second half we looked much better and Gil looked class but it doesn't really change anything.

Guzan: 7 - World class saves

Hutton: 7 - Gives his all - but we can't rely on him for all our crosses and creativity

Okore: 6 - Not good in the first half

Baker: 5 - Got better but if we'd had another fit CB then he should have been subbed

Cissokho: 6 - Did ok but again no real threat going forward

Westwood: 5 - Poor really

Sanchez: 6 - Good spells of play bit did lose the ball a lot in key areas

Cleverly: 5 - Should have been substituted

Delph: 6 - Better in the second half and should have scored, lost the ball that lead to their killer goal

Gabby: 4 - Disappeared for large spells of the match

Benteke: 6 - Didn't do enough

Subs: Gil 7 - really looked a class apart - the one positive of a drab day

Weimann 6 - Linked up well with Gil at times

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

Benteke offers nothing upfront rather than being a big lump, his touch has been terrible and he needs to seriously sort himself out. Gabby is worse than average.  Cleverley is as bad as it gets  Gil was different class when he came on and Weimann played some good stuff.  Dunno why Westwood came off as he would of linked up well with Gil.  Hutton, Sanchez, Gil and Weimann played good and Goose put in a solid performance other than that we have some real jokers in the team that need replacing or at the very least some serious competition for their places in the team eg. Gabby and Benteke.

Gil MOTM

• Like 4

Took a chance with the starting lineup.

Backfired.

Lambert won't go anywhere and there are some small bits to be positive about.

I expect the cheque book to open again.

What chance? A chance we might lose again?
Er yes, that's exactly what a chance is.

Â