• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

As i feared,the clueless one did not have the balls to start Gil. He had to fit his favourites Westwood,Cleverley,Delph and Gabby in,so it was always going to be the bench at most .

Where was Cole, injured again i suppose 

• Like 1

Cole was indeed again injured, Pooligan I can't diagree with your post at all. This manager obviously has his favourites which is an terrible way to run a club, play players on merit/form that said though I guess we would be playing some youth players as there isn't many players who are in form at the whole of the club lol.

We lose again, we fail to score again, we go again Zzzzzzzzz.

As i feared,the clueless one did not have the balls to start Gil. He had to fit his favourites Westwood,Cleverley,Delph and Gabby in,so it was always going to be the bench at most .

You don't think that he has just arrived and barely trained with the team has something to do with it? Lambert has just signed Gil, so I think we can safely assume he is a player he likes. There is plenty to berate Lambert for, but this is just making shit up. I suppose it is also Lambert's fault that Cole is injured? And I was a bit chilly in bed this morning, can't he do something about that?

He's barely played any football, starting him would have been the wrong decision. Lambert has just signed him so its got nothing to do with playing his favourites.

Gil, great debut, more than I expected, another really good find. In an ideal world we'll bring in one or two more before the window closes and inevitably lose to Arsenal and Chelsea and go crashing out the cup all without a goal.

By then we'll be in the relegation zone, lambert will be paid off as Lerner will have no choice and we'll get a manager in who can visualise and execute an effective system that complements the decent players at his disposal instead of stifling them. Not sure who we could actually bring in now but its so blatantly obvious the change is needed now before its too late.

Continually playing Tom Cluelessly is a sackable offence, be interesting to see if there is actually a start-when-fit clause in the agreement. Im sick of seeing him play for us, he has took us to a new level of crap.

Palace back to back wins, Boggies picking up, even those inbreds down the road are winning regularly with a new man with new ideas while we stand still and continue to sink. 1 goal in 7 games and we went 5 without a goal earlier in the season. How any top flight manager can survive that is an absolute insult to the club and its supporters.

Like I say I think he'll be given the next 3 games to produce something extraordinary, but unfortunately we know it wont happen and he'll have to go, SURELY??!!

it's a non-point. You can point and say 'look, facts!' but I'd prefer to consider circumstances and reasons. Are you arguing Lambert has had a decent budget? let's not forget that the wages is as big an issue as the transfer fees.

Including or excluding those transfers on average Lambert has still spent more than Mcleish (even incorrectly ignoring the fact that those 2 players were sold during Mcleish's tenure).

In terms of whether Lambert has had a decent budget it is all relative. During his time as an example he has spent (ignoring player sales) 45% more than Crystal Palace and over twice as much as Stoke on transfer fees. They both sit above us in the table.  Yes, there have been restrictions on wages but we're not the only club with that issue.

I listened on my way back home to Lamberts post match interview with a growing sense of incredulity. There is no way that having a decent bit of the game in the second half should be the main thing we take away from this performance. We didn't begin to play until after we were a goal down yet again. The first half line up was horrid and we got everything we deserved with it. Taking the shackles off when you are already a goal down is simply pointless (literally these days). There is no excuse for not trying to score until the situation = score or lose the game. Once Liverpool were a goal up yes we pressed forward a bit and Gil looked pretty good, but FFS why are we waiting to be a goal down before trying to compete. So yes the second half was better, but it was too little too late and the main theme I took away from the game is that we had already lost it before we even tried to win it.

8 hours 42 minutes since our last goal

It is a next level pile of crap.

It is a complete shambles. Lambert is in denial, Lerner is doing heaven know what and there are still some (very) aggressively defending Lambert as the best thing since.....whatever. We are a laughing stock, a joke of a side, the whipping boys of the Premiership but don't worry Lambert is the right manager to lead us to glory.

Glory? I dont think anyone's said that.

Tom Fox said European football in three years. 

From the little I saw of the game in the second-half we looked pretty good; the match stats seem to reflect that.

Gil looked brilliant and Guzan must be one of the best keepers in the PL.

Sanchez gets better with every game.

I like Gabby but he needs to be on the bench for Weimann and let them fight it out for a start. Weimann seems a litle more mobile and intelliegent with his running so maybe he and Gill can get some good relationship going?

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

The Guardian have annoyed me this morning.

Whilst their assessment of our lack of goals is obviously accurate, they concluded that "once Liverpool scored their first goal the contest was effectively over"

Which just isn't true. That's been true of various games this season, but not this one. We were in that game until their second goal.

Not saying that's good enough, just that liverpool were hardly comfortable.

yep, benteke should have done better with the chance that he just put his foot through, so should baker with his header and then id put his air shot close to being a sitter

i think if we were in form and confident we score one of those chances and then go on to finish strongly, but we arent...

Â