• Poor
    • Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Lambert needs to either beg Lerner for cash on the phone , or walk away .

He never pushed on when challenging between top 4-6 places let alone the bottom 4-6

Yes he did. He spent an absolute shit ton of money on Martin O'Neill's dross. 

Read it again!

I have. I still don't get it. When we were pushing for the top 4 he spent a lot of money on absolute shit. He backed O'Neill, backed Houllier, backed McLeish to an extent. He only really pulled the plug on spending that kind of money when Lambert came in (cue Lambert's only remaining defence). 

If you create enough, yes you can. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

He never pushed on when challenging between top 4-6 places let alone the bottom 4-6

Read it again!

I have. I still don't get it. When we were pushing for the top 4 he spent a lot of money on absolute shit. He backed O'Neill, backed Houllier, backed McLeish to an extent. He only really pulled the plug on spending that kind of money when Lambert came in (cue Lambert's only remaining defence). 

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/1679416CAC1168270119852494848_SW_WEBM_142151150616950008cf888.mp4?versionId=c.tLS3lg.UKx8RLZFB5vYcmL4Y2.iTRZ

• Like 1

A good save from the keeper. If I understood how this Vine thing worked I'd show you the one from Guzan, which was an absolute worldy by the way. 

We created more chances today than we have done in some 5 games previous and it still wasn't enough. Those being the two I remember, two clear cut chances all game and you're using that as a yard stick? We've become so used to this that we think that is a good performance now, the manager thinks that is dominating. 

We have all the hallmarks of a side doomed. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Much better today, but alas no points and no goals. Clark's sending off last week may just have cost us this game. Baker and Okore have never played together and it really showed in the first half when Liverpool could, and should have been out if sight. Only criticism of team selection for me was playing Cleverley! He clearly doesnt want to be here and the feeling is mutual!

Sanchez, Guzan and Hutton all had good games IMO. It has to be said that whenever Lambert has paid over 3mil or so he has bought well......Vlaar, Okore, Sanchez, Benteke and going by the 30 mins that we saw of him....Carles Gil.

If we can replicate the todays second half performance, and with a couple of additions I thing we will start picking up points(and goals) again.

Randy, just 10 mil please!

I'm sorry but we need a clinical striker desperately! Benteke cannot finish anything within 10yds. He's had plenty of chances in the past few games. Should have another 3-4 goals to his name. Yeah people say you can't always rely on him but when your playing as the main striker every game it's kind of expected to be the goal getter. Needs competition for place!

ala darren bent

Would Robinson be any worse than Benteke?

I'm sorry but we need a clinical striker desperately! Benteke cannot finish anything within 10yds. He's had plenty of chances in the past few games. Should have another 3-4 goals to his name. Yeah people say you can't always rely on him but when your playing as the main striker every game it's kind of expected to be the goal getter. Needs competition for place!

Adam here has had 28 profile views. I reckon all 28 of them have been to take a closer look at the lovely lady on his avatar. I know mine was.

Agree on Benteke, but for my money that is just endemic of a wider problem. We don't create enough regardless and he's had nowhere near the opportunities he should to bang an easy one away and to build his confidence as a result. He's not blameless, none of them are, but the buck stops right at the top.

Haha! Yeah benteke has had to put up with very little service in the past but today he had his chances, along with a few others in the last few games. Today we had more shots than liverpool, and just as many good chances.

There is too much responsibility on him to score the goals, he needs competition for his place and someone to help take the pressure off him. He's lost his composure in front of goal and only relieving the pressure will help him return to his best.

Looked much better when Gil and Weimann came on, they seemed to work well together. To my mind, Weimann needs to start in stead of Agbonlahor, or possibly Benteke. Benteke needs to be dropped, he is a passenger at the moment.

Too many passengers - Agbonlahor, Benteke, Cleverly. Delph is over-rated, and should be sold this window.

Sanchez MOM, Gil looks very good, hopefully Lambert will allow him to express himself, really think a change of personnel up front with him creating and we will start to score again.

Good games also from Okore, Hutton and Guzan.

Apart from when our two subs came on, it was pretty much more of the same as always, aimless passing around in our own half, with just a little bit more penetration than usual.

Did not expect anything from this game, so not particularly disappointed.

I thought we did ok today - had we played like that against crystal p, sunderland, swansea - we would have more points on the board. I wonder how damaging Lamberts project sideways will be at the end of the season.

I think the time to replace Lambert has, in the short term passed - the move to make was Pullis - I can't believe we sat idly by and let him stroll into our lesser neighbours - but its done - I don't see anyone who we could feasibly get to turn it around now...

• Like 1

Read it again!

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/1679416CAC1168270119852494848_SW_WEBM_142151150616950008cf888.mp4?versionId=c.tLS3lg.UKx8RLZFB5vYcmL4Y2.iTRZ

How shocking was Benteke's attempt to control the ball before it found it's way to baker though?

Read it again!

Go away and read it again!

We look like some bastard love child between the catenaccio system and George Graham in a particularly defensive mood. As much as can prattle on about playing better- we lost. We did not convert any of the chances. If we continue to do this, no matter how decent the defense is, we will go down. Just so,so,predictable.

Gil looked decent, but I will reserve judgment until I see him start a game. I am sure Simon Dawkins looked decent for us on his debut.  I take nothing positive from this and Bournemouth have to be odds on to beat us week Sunday. I am getting zilch enjoyment from watching Villa now. At present is feels like a existential question to why I, and countless thousands of others, bother.

Â