• Very Poor
  3. 3. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Can't fault Lambert for this one 

Gil turned the game on it's head when he came on, hope to see what he can do with a full 90 minutes

Baker killed our momentum with that swing and a miss, and what's worse is he didn't seem too fussed about it

Cleverley pointless again

Weimann almost totally invisible

Hutton, Guzan, Sanchez and Gil all played well, I'm gonna give Gil my MOTM, because when he came on, we ran rampant and he looked the part

They took their chances, we didn't, end of story

It will be nice to get in another player next week

Hopefully Cleverley never starts another game

We need another striker

Starting to get worried now

27 Chances in 2 games with only 5 on target and we are supposed to be negative if one of the players decided to maybe score we might be better off, we had enough chances to win

If I'd picked different numbers, I'd have won the lottery.

• Like 3

Took a chance with the starting lineup.

Backfired.

Lambert won't go anywhere and there are some small bits to be positive about.

I expect the cheque book to open again.

What chance? A chance we might lose again?
Er yes, that's exactly what a chance is.
But not the chance your implying, playing the same way with the same players is not taking a chance.
1. It's 'you're'

2. Yes that's exactly what taking a chance is. The chance was if we didn't win it would be his fault for picking such an unpopular lineup.

So by that logic playing any line up is taking a chance? Most would read your statement as 'taking a chance' meaning doing something high risk or different.

Just saying.

Thanks for correcting my grammar, i'll ring you when I write my next novella.

• Like 1

Can't fault Lambert for this one 

He's the manager, we have struggled to score for a while now, the manager is tasked with sorting this out, he hasn't...

Of course you can fault Lambert for it, we are and have been woeful for pretty much the duration of his tenure...

• Like 2

Backfired.

But not the chance your implying, playing the same way with the same players is not taking a chance.
1. It's 'you're'

2. Yes that's exactly what taking a chance is. The chance was if we didn't win it would be his fault for picking such an unpopular lineup.

So by that logic playing any line up is taking a chance? Most would read your statement as 'taking a chance' meaning doing something high risk or different.

Just saying.

If I step out into the road without looking, I'm taking a chance. If I don't die, I've gotten away with it.

I really can't see how me saying he took a chance with that lineup can be misconstrued in any way.

Backfired.

1. It's 'you're'

Just saying.

If I step out into the road without looking, I'm taking a chance. If I don't die, I've gotten away with it.

I really can't see how me saying he took a chance with that lineup can be misconstrued in any way.

well it can because i misconstrued it, if you want to tell me that is unacceptable or that I am a lesser being because of it then fair enough

Gil impressive when he came on, should have scored in that ten minutes, Benteke poor again. After that we didn't threaten and didn't look particularly well organised with Gabby Weimann and Benteke standing up front looking lost again.

Sanchez was good, as was Guzan.

Less said about the first hour the better. An awful team selection and set up against a poor Liverpool side.

Well, first half we paid the price for Clark being out, Baker and Okore hadn't played together and it showed. Cleverley and Agbonlahor just didn't show enough, Cleverley ideally shouldn't play there and with Sanchez and Delph playing well should probably be on the bench now we have Gil, and if we sign another trequartista he should only get a game in the center when he's the best option, I'd say now centrally there are 3 players ahead of him in the queue.

For half an hour in the second half until the Delph cock up and Cossokho getting dizzy over a fairly simple to read Lambert first touch we were easily the better team and really should have scored, had it been Delph instead of Baker for the air shot (Delph was 2m behind him) then we would have done Easy to list the if's but with Gil and Weimann on the field we were infinitely more mobile and infinitely more of a threat. Unfortunately for us this bit of bad luck when we were applying pressure is after months of under achievement. Shit needs to change rapidly to ensure that the half hour spell of great pressure and positive play becomes the norm for 90 minutes of a game.

We need another Gil at least this window. That way we can bring Grealish through without the weight of the world on his shoulders, even if he looks like he wants to carry it.

MOTM, Hutton or Guzan (2 worldy saves for me)
Tactics: Average (poor first half, Gabby and Cleverley didn't work at all, good second half, positive substitutions that could have at least saved a point for us).

Ref: Poor (OTT challenge from Lucas(?) completely missed that could have easy been a red for me)

I also hate to say it but Lambert has done good when giving funds , wish Lerner would give him 10m , think we should be able to push on from there .... Dembele Lennon . And I would be delighted !!!

I also hate to say it but Lambert has done good when giving funds , wish Lerner would give him 10m , think we should be able to push on from there .... Dembele Lennon . And I would be delighted !!!

Â