New manager

reykjavik

HAHAHA!!! yeah right

http://metro.co.uk/2015/02/13/avram-grant-prince-william-asked-me-to-become-new-aston-villa-coach-5061656/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Avram Grant received a special request from Prince William to take the helm at Aston Villa, but denied the chance to return to English football after revealing his desire to stay on as coach of Ghana.

The former Chelsea, Portsmouth and West Ham boss – who led the Black Stars to the Africa Cup of Nations final where they lost to Ivory Coast on penalties on Sunday – revealed that Prince William had asked him to manage the team he supports following the sacking of Paul Lambert.

Grant, though, responded to the Duke of Cambridge’s request by admitting he is enjoying his time managing Ghana and is adamant on seeing out his final two years of his contract with the national side.

‘Aston Villa is a great club, with great fans and it is an honour to have my name mentioned with them, but I want to continue with Ghana for the next two years, until the end of my contract. I enjoy managing Ghana very much,’ Grant told Sky Sports.

‘I met Prince William and he asked me “why don’t you come to Aston Villa?”. I said “when you become the chairman, I will come”.

‘As long as my name is mentioned, I feel good with this, but not more than that. I want to continue with Ghana.’

I find the situation difficult in my mind as I feel the man to keep us up may not be the best man moving forward.

What I mean is that to stay up this season is going to take a certain degree of 'scrapping', when ideally the new manager is going to be one that implements a style of football that is both attractive, and more importantly successful.

• Like 1

It could be anyone. Randy's selection policy has no consistency. Each appointment being the polar opposite of the previous. Apart from Lambert maybe - I'm still trying to figure out what his overall plan was.

Lerner will actually play almost no role except to rubber stamp and bankroll Tom Fox and Paddy Riley's choice. Obviously, the contract/money side could require his involvement, but he's generally going to be at arm's length from this process.

KIng Olof until end of the season, will get the fans back onside he will have the passion to succeed and players will respect him and want to play for him and he knows how to handle a moody striker having played with Zlatan and Carew. That buzz only has to be a few wins like Di canio did at sunderland and then evaluate at end of season

I find the situation difficult in my mind as I feel the man to keep us up may not be the best man moving forward.

What I mean is that to stay up this season is going to take a certain degree of 'scrapping', when ideally the new manager is going to be one that implements a style of football that is both attractive, and more importantly successful.

And that's the way i see it. I'm struggling to think of anyone that is available that would fit both profiles.

I'd take a short term fix to stay up even if it means having to start again in a few months time simply to benefit from the new tv deal and the financial freedom to go again.

Spurs fans always think they should do better. They blamed Sherwood for getting beat fives and sixes at places like Chelsea and Liverpool, when the reality is they got beat fives and sixes under AVB on more than one occasion also.

Also, they say he played Kyle Walker in the number 10 role, really? I remember him playing RM against Chelsea at the Bridge, which is understandable to double up on Hazard, as Walker has pace. It didn't come off, but not every idea/tactic does.

KIng Olof until end of the season, will get the fans back onside he will have the passion to succeed and players will respect him and want to play for him and he knows how to handle a moody striker having played with Zlatan and Carew. That buzz only has to be a few wins like Di canio did at sunderland and then evaluate at end of season

And if we go down, at least the derby against SHA will be particularly tasty.

And that's the way i see it. I'm struggling to think of anyone that is available that would fit both profiles.

I'd take a short term fix to stay up even if it means having to start again in a few months time simply to benefit from the new tv deal and the financial freedom to go again.

The new TV deal doesn't come in until the season after next.

Edited by Mantis

If Sherwood would except a short term contract until the end of the season and if he does well look at it again then I think he's the man. What we need is a manager with a bit of passion. Give the players a kick up the backside! Who cares if he's a nice guy!