New manager

reykjavik

I think it reads pretty well, doesn't it?

but like I said above, it's at Bayern so you'd expect that really

That's it. For Bayern its really not that impressive. When he left they were out of the Champions League in the quarter final and 3 points off first place with a record of 16/6/7. Not bad, but not what I would call great.

7 losses is quite a lot for Bayern, but to be honest I can't remember much about that stint. It may well have been a more competitive league back then, he may have had problems with the squad to overcome. Let's be honest, we are not going to find a manager who doesn't have some period in their career which didn't have problems as more or less every manager has been sacked at some point in their career. I remember a few saying Koemann wasn't a good choice when he was linked a few years ago, and he hasn't done too badly at Southampton to date.

Laudrup was a disaster at Swansea and was sacked. Why so much love for him?

Sherwood is a clown.

Klinsmann or Tuchel would be lovely - the chap at Real Madrid would be interesting too.

I'm hoping after some really ropey domestic appointments Tom Fox decides to go foreign this time.

Sherwood is a clown.

Klinsmann or Tuchel would be lovely - the chap at Real Madrid would be interesting too.

I'm hoping after some really ropey domestic appointments Tom Fox decides to go foreign this time.

Thing is we have to have someone

A Manager who has been successful playing sexy football at every club he's ever been at is sadly out of our reach. He will either be inexperienced but promising, or have a chequered record 

More than a little worrying the voting in Birmingham mail has Klinsmann as the favourite. Dreadful, dreadful club manager. Would probably preferred Lambert to stick the course instead. Fortunately it's as likely as Klinsmann leaves his job in the US and someone on here getting the job I think.

From that statement i'm guessing you are either drunk or no nothing about Klinsmanns managerial career!

He has only ever managed one club side... Bayern Munich who he left because he had a fall out with due to ideas.

"In July 2008 Klinsmann took over as coach of Bayern Munich, succeeding Ottmar Hitzfeld.[30] Klinsmann helped design a new player development and performance center for Bayern and then launched into molding the team for the Bundesliga and UEFA Champions League campaigns. Under his guidance, Bayern reached the quarter final of the Champions League, losing to eventual champion FC Barcelona.

Bayern's record during the 2008–09 UEFA Champions League was six wins, three draws, and one loss (to Barcelona). In the Bundesliga, Bayern was only three points off first place, with five matches to play, when Klinsmann was replaced as head coach due to a difference of opinion with the club's board of directors. Bayern's record under Klinsmann during the 2008–09 Bundesliga season was 16 wins, six draws, and seven losses"

I've wanted Klinsmann since Mon walked out and i still want him today... 

He's been wildly inconsistent with tactics and player selection with the USA though (changing formations three games before the world cup, and playing Bradley out of position in the tournament was the biggest head-scratcher).  He always seems more concerned with player fitness than developing a gameplan, or making in game adjustments (usually hires an tactically adept assistant).  I think Klinsmann would be a better fit for the summer when he could have money to bring in his own players, but I'd be very worried about him turning the squad around by the end of the year.

AFAIK Laudrup has fallen out in one way or another in pretty much all the clubs he's been managing so I'd call him damaged goods, no thanks.

he's short term for sure. He never sticks around for more than a couple of seasons.

But I think that might be the kind of manager we need. Someone to give us a lift short term and leave us in good hands for the next guy

Klinsmann was very much part of the revival of German football, if he came here and wanted to rip the club up from bottom to top then I'm all for it. The question is whether he can get the immediate results to keep us up, and I think we do have enough quality in the squad to do it so long as he wouldn't create a revolution right away. However I'm not sure he would be interested in a long-term project here.

Sherwood is a clown.

I’m not criticising you here, I‘d just like to know how you formed the opinion that Laudrups Swansea reign was a disaster!?

He won the league cup in his first season and they finished 8th. Their first silverware in 100 years.  He was sacked in his 2nd season when they were in 12th.

He changed their style from the impotent style Rodgers had them play to a more direct style while maintaining possession and pressing.

He signed Michu, Chico Flores, Pablo Hernández, de Guzmán & Ki for less than Lambert spent here.

If he came here and did that he would, in my view, be an absolute hero.

I have no idea what it would take for you to call a manger a success.

I’d really like it if you would explain why you think he was a disaster at Swansea and while you’re at it what you would expect a successful Aston Villa manager to achieve?

• Like 2

Paul Clement is a huge gamble, people talk about Klinsmann being a gamble this is on a grand scale.

Karanka had something about him during those Mourinho suspensions at Madrid where he took over and did pretty much everything on game day; on the sidelines and press conferences afterwards.

Clement has done nothing of that sort so far. He has worked with one of the greatest managers but hasn't shown enough or anything to indicate that he can takeover here and get us out this mess.

From BBC Sportsday:

"Bolton boss Neil Lennon stops short of ruling himself out of the running for managerial vacancies elsewhere.

According to some reports, he is on a shortlist to become the new Aston Villa boss, but Lennon said is his news conference this morning: "There is nothing in any of the links to other clubs. It's just speculation. It's flattering but there is nothing in it."