New manager

reykjavik

They reckon Paco Jemez!! but who knows could be Paul Clement :D

That's if the plane is one of Randy's!!

Paco Jemez would scare me a bit. I could see him trying the same thing Pepe Mel did last season at WBA. Total all out attacking style with little regard for defending. Could be entertaining, but could also see us get absolutely pummeled.

They reckon Paco Jemez!! but who knows could be Paul Clement :D

That's if the plane is one of Randy's!!

Here's an interesting article on Jemez from 442 magazine seems like an interesting option and one we might go for.

"Despite producing fine results and eye-wateringly attacking football in unfavourable conditions on a yearly basis, his Rayo side remain a cult team at best."

I mentioned the Merry-Go-Round that was about to happen if Ancelotti left Real Madrid and people laughed, I wonder what they make of this latest development he's been linked with us in the past.

Please just stop.

Please just stop what?

I mentioned the Merry-Go-Round that was about to happen if Ancelotti left Real Madrid and people laughed, I wonder what they make of this latest development he's been linked with us in the past.

Please just stop.

Please just stop what?

With suggestions like that. We both know that there is zero chance of Ancelotti coming here. Yes he was linked with us in the past (although I don't think there was anything concrete there) but at the time he was without a job - since then he's won the Champions League with Real Madrid.

Please just stop.

Please just stop what?

With suggestions like that. We both know that there is zero chance of Ancelotti coming here. Yes he was linked with us in the past (although I don't think there was anything concrete there) but at the time he was without a job - since then he's won the Champions League with Real Madrid.

I'm not the one who said...

It's Simeone. :excl:

Like some Mysterymantis.

How about if I asked you to please just stop? even I beiieve something might happen what's it you? It's not hurting anyone else. I was just pointing out that it's funny that I mention Ancelotti before and now there's talk of Randy's jet being in Madrid.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

The guy who was DOF at Albion and is now with England (Dan Ashworth?) claimed that whilst he was at West Brom he had a database for every position at the club with at least fifteen alternative options should anyone ever need replacing.

I'm not sure how that would help.

Help who? It was mentioned that Southampton had a similar system and it helped them with getting Koeman when they replaced the guy who went to Tottenham. It can't be a bad thing having a list of ready made replacements should you need to replace a player or coach or whatever. Of course the trick is having the right DOF to who is able compile a database of decent talent and not just any random names. It seemed to work for Albion while Ashworth(?) was at the club.

Were all 15+ names available or reasonably attainable? Were they in any particular order, perhaps quality, chance of actually getting them, age, cost in salary, cost of severene, alphabetical? How often should the list of candidates be reviewed as their form and value changed with the passing of each game? Do we know Villa don't have similar lists? If not, how long would it take to compile a decent sized list. It shouldn't take more than a few hours to come up with possible candidates.

Having a list ready (and we don't know Villa didn't have a list) really doesn't help much. You could have a list of a 100 and still pick the wrong manager or not have a list ready, compile a shortlist over a few days and end up with the right man.

What ever happened to Flores?

Quique? Recently appointed by lowly Getafe. Which is prime example that flies in the face of the "we can't attract a decent manager under the current circumstances" argument.

• Like 2

It's Simeone. :excl:

Like some Mysterymantis.

How about if I asked you to please just stop? even I beiieve something might happen what's it you? It's not hurting anyone else. I was just pointing out that it's funny that I mention Ancelotti before and now there's talk of Randy's jet being in Madrid.

It was a joke...

The guy who was DOF at Albion and is now with England (Dan Ashworth?) claimed that whilst he was at West Brom he had a database for every position at the club with at least fifteen alternative options should anyone ever need replacing.

I'm not sure how that would help.

Help who? It was mentioned that Southampton had a similar system and it helped them with getting Koeman when they replaced the guy who went to Tottenham. It can't be a bad thing having a list of ready made replacements should you need to replace a player or coach or whatever. Of course the trick is having the right DOF to who is able compile a database of decent talent and not just any random names. It seemed to work for Albion while Ashworth(?) was at the club.

Were all 15+ names available or reasonably attainable? Were they in any particular order, perhaps quality, chance of actually getting them, age, cost in salary, cost of severene, alphabetical? How often should the list of candidates be reviewed as their form and value changed with the passing of each game? Do we know Villa don't have similar lists? If not, how long would it take to compile a decent sized list. It shouldn't take more than a few hours to come up with possible candidates.

Having a list ready (and we don't know Villa didn't have a list) really doesn't help much. You could have a list of a 100 and still pick the wrong manager or not have a list ready, compile a shortlist over a few days and end up with the right man.

I don't know the answer to any of your questions but like I said the worth of such a system depends on the quality of DOF that you have and his ability compile a good list. Being as though the system I mention was being used at Albion I imagine that the names were affordable and they thought they had a reasonable chance of obtaining them. I didn't mention anything about us having such a system or not. It was just a reply to the post about Southampton having a similar system.

But back to having no balls for the local press. 

On Lerner:

I'm lost. What are they yapping about?

First person says well done for turning on Lambert, the journalist with the mail says 'it was about time, and a decision for the editor', guy replies asking if they can do the same about Lerner and the mail journalist says it won't be happening, that turning on Lerner is 'unjustified' at this stage.

Absolute bollocks. Or, seeing as they have none, a pile of shit.

What self-aggrandising bullshit. Yeah, I'm sure Lerner has a daily copy of the Birmingham Mail delivered to his mansions in the States, just so he can keep up with what the local journos think about his football club. They had as much to do with Lambert's sacking as I had to do with Cheryl Cole's divorce. 

There is an acceptance within the club that it is a tough managerial landscape

And then some I'd say. 

And the other part of the problem is, we just aren't an attractive proposition at the moment. We are all fur coat and no knickers. 

On on the face of it you have this grand old club, the very definition of a 'sleeping giant'. A club  which measured by almost any yardstick, is one of the top 6 in the land. Great stadium, big fan base, amazing training facilities. 

Behind that though is a team that has been underfunded (shove your net spend) and a club that has been badly managed for pretty much four years. Now the owner wants out, but no one wants to buy us.

We have a disillusioned fan base who have suffered during that time amidst economic shit storms and rising prices, leading to falling attendances and a greater level of apathy. 

To to top it off, I assume any new man will be under the same financial constraints as Lambert, with £10m a window (if that) and a restriction on wages. Any additional will rely on a growth in income or profit on sale of players. 

Its a tough, tough job and the Prem is cut throat - managers only tend to get one chance, if they **** up, further offers don't come around that often. 

The good young up and coming managers might baulk at the size of the task and experienced candidates may just see it as a poison chalice. 

Poaching someone one currently could prove very difficult imo. 

In what way is a fur coat and no knickers not an attractive proposition?

• Like 2

I'm thinking that an obvious candidate has somehow been missed.  This person meets the following criteria:

-Managed in the PL

-Likened to Mourinho

-Available now and would jump at the opportunity

-Not Scottish.

Clearly it seems that Gary "Ginger Mourinho" Megson is the only logical option.