The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

13 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I don't understand the idea that declaring all out 'war' on religion would lead to common sense; religions thrive on persecution and common sense is entirely subjective.

Judeo-Christian religion is based on tales of persecution and most of the bible is either about the persecution of the Jews or the persecution of Jesus, and then the subsequent religious texts are about the persecution of the saints and the glorification of martyrs.

It seems very unlikely that the disappearance of religion would mean that peace, love and understanding, would suddenly break out.

We would be forced to to invent other reasons to justify why others should be oppressed or murdered so our greed cult can go on unabated.  

As I stated in a previous post, 'War' is in inverted commas. In no way would I condone persecution. 

Did people catch the 'South American drug baron declares war on ISIS' story in the last 24 hours? It was a complete spoof yet got picked up by pretty much all the national papers, some of which haven't even pulled it yet even though others are reporting the spoof. Just goes to show the level of journalism of much of the national media and why we can't believe what we read. Meanwhile the U.S. are claiming to have killed 350 ISIS fighters in one town in Iraq plus the financial masterminds behind ISIS.... according to the same press.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Did people catch the 'South American drug baron declares war on ISIS' story in the last 24 hours? It was a complete spoof yet got picked up by pretty much all the national papers, some of which haven't even pulled it yet even though others are reporting the spoof. Just goes to show the level of journalism of much of the national media and why we can't believe what we read. Meanwhile the U.S. are claiming to have killed 350 ISIS fighters in one town in Iraq plus the financial masterminds behind ISIS.... according to the same press.

I saw that story and thought it was genuine, as you say it was picked up by the national press.

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I saw that story and thought it was genuine, as you say it was picked up by the national press.

As will many many people, most of whom will never know it was wrong such is the power of the media to shape opinion, beliefs and perspectives. Often driven by agenda's or being overly eager for the next scoop.

Steve Charnock, who works for Thug Life Videos, says he published the fictional story on November 30.

The website - and a number of others Charnock works for - upload real news stories, funny videos and some satirical pieces.

Their aim is for these comedy pieces to go viral, but they never intended it to be picked up by major news outlets.  

He told Daily Mail Online both he and his boss came up with the story. They had previously joked in reports that the Bloods and Crips had waged war against the militants, but the stories were fake.

'It was satire, faux news,' he said. 'It got a few shares on Facebook initially, but now it is the top story on some websites.'

Charnock added that none of the news outlets contacted him to clarify the information.

No one, he said, questioned how the Middle East shipment was destroyed or how the son of one of the world's most notorious fugitives would have been able to encrypt an email to the leader of ISIS.

In the original story he made up quotes from the drug dealer, who escaped from prison through a tunnel in July.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3355349/Blogger-hoodwinks-millions-hoax-story-El-Chapo-declaring-war-ISIS-destroying-consignments-cocaine.html#ixzz3u1J9b0RW 

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

the 'South American drug baron declares war on ISIS' story in the last 24 hours? It was a complete spoof yet got picked up by pretty much all the national papers,.... Just goes to show the level of journalism of much of the national media and why we can't believe what we read

I think it's more accurate to say it got picked up by a load of websites (including those run by some newspapers and media organisations). One difficulty newspapers have is that people are buying fewer newspapers, so they have to cut costs and they have to try and get internet views (and ad revenue). So the cost cutting means fewer correspondents and on the ground reporters and more reliance on "other" sources (including looking at other papers, internet blogs and so on). Plus the desire for web hits means (and this does my head in) sensationalist stories and headlines.

You get what you pay for, and as no one wants to pay for news (hey, why should you when you can get it for free?) we get what we deserve. It's a vicious circle.

Apparently the Sun are reporting that Birmingham & Villa Park was a potential target for the bombings that happened in Paris.

No idea how they know that, and it's probably 99% chance of being bollocks, but interesting if true. 

Edited by PieFacE

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Apparently the Sun are reporting that Birmingham & Villa Park was a potential target for the bombings that happened in Paris.

No idea how they know that, and it's probably 99% chance of being bollocks, but interesting if true. 

They are along with a picture of VP and they don't.

The organiser of the attack in Paris is alleged to have had pictures of places in Birmingham on his phone. The article then goes on to name Villa Park as a possible target but States they don't actually know what the photos are of, so totally speculation.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PongRiddims said:

Reports of a nursery teacher being stabbed in the neck and stomach in Paris

But thankfully neither fatal or life threatening.

Sounds like a nutter rather than a real ISIS supporter (is there a difference?) as he is reported to have shouted it was for Daesh which suggests he isn't too clued up.

In other news it's looking more and more like ISIS is getting to find out just why the SAS are the best in the world.

I posted a while back that they were on the ground in Syria hunting Jhadi John well now it's emerged it was more down to them than an US drone.

An SAS team were on the ground in Syria dug in 5 miles outside Raqqa operating 3 drones and called in the air strike. They are also alleged to have been involved in the targeting of their top finance people the other week.

Those guys have immense skills and balls the size of a horse.

Meanwhile a SAS sniper has taken out 5 ISIS fighters with 3 bullets. He picked them off as they left a bomb factory wearing suicide belts. 

Direct SAS intervention will lead to huge loses for ISIS I just hope none of them are captured.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PongRiddims said:

French teacher invented Aubervilliers school attack

A teacher at a French preschool who said he had been stabbed by a man shouting "Islamic State" has admitted he made the story up, prosecutors say.

The teacher said he had been attacked while alone in a classroom in Aubervilliers, a suburb of Paris.

But prosecutors said he had wounded himself with a box cutter and was now being questioned as to why he lied.

...more on link

A nutter of a teacher rather than any 'terrorist' nutter, then?

On 12/14/2015 at 11:08, TrentVilla said:

In other news it's looking more and more like ISIS is getting to find out just why the SAS are the best in the world.

I posted a while back that they were on the ground in Syria hunting Jhadi John well now it's emerged it was more down to them than an US drone.

An SAS team were on the ground in Syria dug in 5 miles outside Raqqa operating 3 drones and called in the air strike. They are also alleged to have been involved in the targeting of their top finance people the other week.

Those guys have immense skills and balls the size of a horse.

Meanwhile a SAS sniper has taken out 5 ISIS fighters with 3 bullets. He picked them off as they left a bomb factory wearing suicide belts. 

Direct SAS intervention will lead to huge loses for ISIS I just hope none of them are captured.

Care to provide a source for any of this? I am incredibly skeptical of hero stories like this, stinks of propaganda, e.g., how do we know that the guys that sniper shot were ISIS soldiers as opposed to some logistics guys or kids that are doing some of the grunt work? 

• Like 1

On 14/12/2015 at 16:08, TrentVilla said:

46 minutes ago, villakram said:

Care to provide a source for any of this? I am incredibly skeptical of hero stories like this, stinks of propaganda, e.g., how do we know that the guys that sniper shot were ISIS soldiers as opposed to some logistics guys or kids that are doing some of the grunt work? 

It was in the Mail on Sunday and other papers had been saying the SAS were looking for him for months. Whether what's in the tabloids is true or not is open to speculation. Neither of those papers has a record of accuracy in defence matters (or many others), particularly the Mirror.

Mirror, 29 Aug

Special forces are using state-of-the-art stealth clothing to operate as “desert ghosts” in the hunt for Jihadi John.

Daily Mail 9 Nov

The SAS has launched a dramatic mission to kill Jihadi John – the Islamic State terrorist responsible for beheading British hostages Alan Henning and David Haines – in the biggest Special Forces operation since the September 11 attacks.

Official Government sources confirmed to The Mail on Sunday that SAS soldiers flew to a secret base in the Middle East last week.

Travelling in groups of three and four, the crack troops boarded commercial flights dressed in civilian clothes.

They mingled with unsuspecting businessmen and tourists to maintain operational security.

After weeks of intense preparation at the regiment’s barracks in Hereford, the elite soldiers are now waiting for the order to strike Islamic State targets.

It is understood that part of the SAS mission could also include an attempt to rescue the remaining hostages, including British photographer John Cantlie.

The Mail on Sunday has been made aware of more detailed information about the mission but has agreed with Government officials not to publish it for security reasons.

Heil on Sunday

A crack team from the SAS tracked down IS executioner Jihadi John and called in the air strike that killed him in Syria, it can be revealed today.

Until now the top-secret operation to eliminate the masked British extremist – who beheaded UK hostages Alan Henning and David Haines – was thought to have been conducted entirely from the air without any Western troops.

But The Mail on Sunday has learned that the perilous plan depended on a team of eight men from the Special Forces regiment risking their lives to penetrate deep inside the IS stronghold of Raqqa...

I'm sure most people will spot the obvious contradictions in the last story.

2 hours ago, blandy said:

It was in the Mail on Sunday and other papers had been saying the SAS were looking for him for months. Whether what's in the tabloids is true or not is open to speculation. Neither of those papers has a record of accuracy in defence matters (or many others), particularly the Mirror.

Mirror, 29 Aug

Daily Mail 9 Nov

Heil on Sunday

I'm sure most people will spot the obvious contradictions in the last story.

I was thinking more along the lines of 5 lads w/ 3 bullets. 

The whole precision guided munitions thing is a load of shite. Spec ops or some other person of some form painting the target with a gps tracker or via laser from distance is the way the most "actual precision" strikes happen. So the fact that the SAS lads are running around illegally in a foreign country murdering British citizens in an extra-judicial manner is not surprising at all. No word on the collateral damage though... It simply amazes me that people are ok with the targeted assassination of their own citizens... murder as non-orwellians might call it.

16 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

forget the limpid quote i cant shift it. @ villakram im more than alright with terrorists and murderers getting taken out because thats what needs to be done. 

ctrl + right click in the little + above the quote. If you edit it you'll see it.

Â