Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

If we play like we did in the last game, we'll smash them. There was a certain Va Va Voom in the squad.

And for God's sake Lambert... play Bacuna more often. In the short time he was on, he set things alight!

We will not smash anyone, calm down.

I feel like we have unfinished business at the Liberty. Last season away at Swansea was among the worst performances I've seen from Villa, particularly the massive screw-up between Guzan and Vlaar that led to Shelvey's worldy. i'd like to see a little revenge for that game.

Soooo desperate to win this one. I'm a Welsh villa fan and have a Swansea fan who works with me. I've never known suck a deluded idiot. There's been a couple tho so he's not the only one. There's nothing more I'd love than to shove this game up his arse. I bet if I asked him about the vetch he wouldn't have a clue the knob

Id play: 

________________________Guzan_________________________

___Hutton_______Okore_____________Clark______Cissokho___

_______________________Sanchez________________________

_____________Bacuna______________Delph________________

___Weimann_______________________________Gabby_______

_______________________Benteke_________________________

Subs: 

Given

Lowton

Vlaar

Cleverly

Herd

Grealish

Robinson

I like it but i dont think he will drop Vlaar

Soooo desperate to win this one. I'm a Welsh villa fan and have a Swansea fan who works with me. I've never known suck a deluded idiot. There's been a couple tho so he's not the only one. There's nothing more I'd love than to shove this game up his arse. I bet if I asked him about the vetch he wouldn't have a clue the knob

Jeebus - what the hell do you lot do in Wales??? - I thought you were talking about the neanderthals at Small Heath!!! :o

I think I read somewhere we have won 1 out of 16 boxing day fixtures lol

As long as I've supported the villa we've always been dire over the Christmas fixtures, my birthday is the 28th of december & im yet to see us win a game that day.

• Like 1

What formation do Swansea normally play? No point playing 3 at the back if they only have 1 up front

Spare man will be useful in cutting out Sigurdsson's runs and supply to Bony. Our three in the middle can also press Swansea middle players.

Would keep this formation for Swansea but would go back to 4-3-3 for the two home games.

I'll be annoyed if we don't win. Good performances lately with Lambert's new approach have lifted my expectations. Hopefully lads can deliver. I see no reason why they couldn't. But it will be a tough match.

Edited by AVTuco

As long as I've supported the villa we've always been dire over the Christmas fixtures, my birthday is the 28th of december & im yet to see us win a game that day.

I'm sure I went to a game about 10 years ago on December 28th and we beat Fulham 3-0

Id play: 

________________________Guzan_________________________

___Hutton_______Okore_____________Clark______Cissokho___

_______________________Sanchez________________________

_____________Bacuna______________Delph________________

___Weimann_______________________________Gabby_______

_______________________Benteke_________________________

Subs:

Given

Lowton

Vlaar

Cleverly

Herd

Grealish

Robinson

I like this but I'd drop Gabby and put Bacuna on the wing with Cleverley in the middle. Gabby has been poor lately IMO but coming off of the bench could be a threat. 

I'm sure I went to a game about 10 years ago on December 28th and we beat Fulham 3-0

2003. 11 years ago, not 10......