Smoking ban.

fergie69

Smoking ban  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Smoking ban

• Looking forward to a smoke free atmosphere
    • I want to keep smoking stuff the none smokers

Can't say I noticed the smell of sweat last time I was in a Dublin pub. I also can't see how the the smell of cigarette smoke can in anyway be described as 'nice'.

I don't smoke, but I bartend and so I'm used to it.

I have to say I am growing more and more annoyed with cleaning out ashtrays than before. Louisiana accepted the smoking ban (loosest sense of the word and law, should come check it out). But my restaurant still allows smoking due to the cigar bar I work in.

That said- I am glad the ban isn't really that. Because I need the money off business men and women who'll come in to relax, smoke a cigar and enjoy some scotch or cognac. Cigarrettes? Beginning to annoy me. Tired of cleaning up their filthy ashes and I'm even over lighting guests' cigarrettes.

Won't explain further cuz I don't want to continue boring you.

I have family in Ireland and I can honestly say since the ban cam ein over there, everyone loves the pub more, even the smokers. It's brilliant because outside the pubs becomes like a massive party because everyone stands there with the smokers whilst inside the pubs is a bit quieter. Obviously this depends on the weather but you know, I'm all for it!

It'll not be long till they start to limit booze, too.

Give it 10 years and drinking will be as stigmatised as smoking is now.

The amount of crime caused by alcohol, the broken families, violence, illness, mayhem in Casualty departments, drink drivers ruining lives,....

Something must be done about it!

Nanny knows best.

Far, far too true!

I resisted commenting last time this thread appeared, i think Gringo was saying much the same as i will, but i can't remember (and can't be arsed checking) so if it wasn't, apologies.

It's not about whether you do or don't like smoking, it's about the subtle yet perpetual erosion of civil liberties that a blanket ban subjects the populace to. (and yes, drinking... or something else YOU participate in will be next)

Sorry fergie69, but i didn't vote as in the context of the above statement i find both choices selfish.

There, i stuck my fag-end in! :o

Edit due to mis-identifying the OP

**** stupid stupid stupid law

I have to get signs for every door of my car telling people they are entering a no smoking workplace and if they find anyone smoking they should report them to..................................me.

Now being as the only person likely to be smoking in my car is me - go figure the logic of that one out

But get this, even if I'm not out working and I'm in my car for social and domestic reasons I'm still breaking the law by smoking in my car

Oh yes nanny knows best, nanny knows how to talk shit better than anyone else

Going to the pub just won't be the same. The whole passive smoking thing is hysteria from the anti smoking lobby, if anyone took time to read the passive smoking studies they'd reveal the total lie that is being pedalled.

For me its not about the health side of things, I just don't want to end every night stinking of smoke, its disgusting.

People say that it means places smell of sweat instead without a smoking ban. I'm not so sure on that. I live in NZ for 9 months and there was a smoking ban in place, made nights out so much more pleasurable and in my experience places didn't smell anywhere near as bad as when it was full of smoke. Some placces still smelt of smoke even though the ban had been in for a few months.

The worst part of it is walking through a corridor of smoke at the entrance as everyone stands right by the door. Still far more pleasant than the current situation.

**** stupid stupid stupid law

I have to get signs for every door of my car telling people they are entering a no smoking workplace and if they find anyone smoking they should report them to..................................me.

Now being as the only person likely to be smoking in my car is me - go figure the logic of that one out

But get this, even if I'm not out working and I'm in my car for social and domestic reasons I'm still breaking the law by smoking in my car

Oh yes nanny knows best, nanny knows how to talk shit better than anyone else

How is that ridiculous? Your car is used by members of the public, therefore it is a public place. Tough, basically.

What smoking ban is this ?

Only kidding. I'm like the majority on here - cannot wait for July 1st and be able to wear a shirt more then once without having to chuck it in the wash after a night out.

Can't say I noticed the smell of sweat last time I was in a Dublin pub. I also can't see how the the smell of cigarette smoke can in anyway be described as 'nice'.

I'd rather stick my face in Barry Austin's armpit than have someone blow their filthy cigarette smoke in my face.

AND I'M NOT **** JOKING.

I can't wait personally. No more stinking to high heaven like an ashtray after a night out. No more inconsiderate words removed lighting up whilst you are trying to eat.

Still won't stop the bastards smoking on the bus though.

I don't mind smoke in pubs too much, as long as the ventilation is adequate. Unfortunately, some places completely disregard this and you wake up smelling like you went to a Marlboro convention the night before.

They don't have the ban yet in France, but apparently it's on the cards. I can see it being a REALLY unpopular move over here, though.

But, the smoking ban does work pretty well from my experience. When I was in Sweden earlier this year, they enforce the no-smoking rule in pubs and clubs (at least all the ones I went to), and there's usually a designated balcony area or similar for people to go out and have a cig. Definitely a pleasant experience, and it was so nice not to be smelling of smoke each morning after.

id imagine the people most delighted about this ban are the newcastle united players....

Joseph Barton will have to use his undoubted intelligence and sophistication to go and find another weapon to gouge out his teammates eyes with....

i am also looking forward to the ban!

id imagine the people most delighted about this ban are the newcastle united players....

Joseph Barton will have to use his undoubted intelligence and sophistication to go and find another weapon to gouge out his teammates eyes with....

i am also looking forward to the ban!

he'll just resort to the trusted glassing i'd have thought!

Â