Smoking ban.

fergie69

Smoking ban  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Smoking ban

• Looking forward to a smoke free atmosphere
    • I want to keep smoking stuff the none smokers

"But the latest work, based on the results of numerous different studies collectively involving millions of people, indicated that smoking bans have reduced heart attack rates by as much as 26% per year."

Impossible, Bollocks, Sack of sh1te. To say that heart attacks have reduced by 26% in one year is absolute codswollop. Te government really don't do themselves any good by publishing such obvious lies.

Indeed and they do such a good job of covering it up by publishing it in two American journals too.

you think that's true then? a 26% drop in heart attacks last year?

I have no idea, I have not read the journal articles in question. I did however read the BBC article and didn't just accuse the government of publishing obvious lies. I suspect that the studies in question are far more nuanced than the BBC report suggests, but this is what happens when journalist try and interpret statistics. Not sure what it has to do with the government though?

EDIT: Unless you mean the DoH stat, which apparently is a 10% drop in heart attacks, not 26%.

"But the latest work, based on the results of numerous different studies collectively involving millions of people, indicated that smoking bans have reduced heart attack rates by as much as 26% per year."

Impossible, Bollocks, Sack of sh1te. To say that heart attacks have reduced by 26% in one year is absolute codswollop. Te government really don't do themselves any good by publishing such obvious lies.

Indeed and they do such a good job of covering it up by publishing it in two American journals too.

you think that's true then? a 26% drop in heart attacks last year?

I have no idea, I have not read the journal articles in question. I did however read the BBC article and didn't just accuse the government of publishing obvious lies. I suspect that the studies in question are far more nuanced than the BBC report suggests, but this is what happens when journalist try and interpret statistics. Not sure what it has to do with the government though?

EDIT: Unless you mean the DoH stat, which apparently is a 10% drop in heart attacks, not 26%.

Bad Science is very good on this sort of thing.

Â