Smoking ban.

fergie69

Smoking ban  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Smoking ban

• Looking forward to a smoke free atmosphere
    • I want to keep smoking stuff the none smokers

Its not the pubs but the resaurant bans that will make me a happy bunny!

Nothing worse than some scrotum blowing smoke in my face when im tryin to eat!!!

I was in a greasy spoon the other day having a breakfast. Some ignorant bastard opposite me started to light up as I was eating my food. I politely asked her if they would hold off for a few mins while I ate my food and they refused. When her food came she stubbed her fag out and started to eat. Ignorant bitch was a bit upset when I started burping.

Going to the pub just won't be the same. The whole passive smoking thing is hysteria from the anti smoking lobby, if anyone took time to read the passive smoking studies they'd reveal the total lie that is being pedalled.

Going to the pub just won't be the same. The whole passive smoking thing is hysteria from the anti smoking lobby, if anyone took time to read the passive smoking studies they'd reveal the total lie that is being pedalled.

Tell that to Roy Castle! RIP :cry:

My clothes won't stink every morning after a night out so great!

The drink, sweat, kebab and puke will still smell Danwichmann :)

...appologies if anyone is eating....but what you doin eating at the computer anyway!!!

Have you actually taken the time to read them yourself? Or read about it in the Mail or the Telegraph? This is what the WHO has to say about it:

The results of this study, which have been completely misrepresented in recent news reports, are very much in line with the results of similar studies both in Europe and elsewhere: passive smoking causes lung cancer in non-smokers.

Clicky

Tell that to Roy Castle! RIP :cry:

I presume then Roy died of lung cancer? I'm afraid I don't remember (sorry, Roy). Even 20+a day smokers only run a 20% increased risk in contracting lung cancer. In passive smokers, the increased risk is unmeasurable.

Have you actually taken the time to read them yourself? Or read about it in the Mail or the Telegraph? This is what the WHO has to say about it:

The results of this study, which have been completely misrepresented in recent news reports, are very much in line with the results of similar studies both in Europe and elsewhere: passive smoking causes lung cancer in non-smokers.

Clicky

anyone can write a report on anything and as long as its in black and white loads of people get drawn in by it, apparently there were WMD's in Iraq according to a report

This statement is quite correct my dear OF. Passive smoking causes a small increased risk, around 2% increased risk of various cancers. This can just about be represented as 'causes cancer' because it means a greater number of cases occur than would otherwise although its impossible to pin the cause of any particular case.

The real issue is who these passive smokers are. Most people assume its anyone who gets a whiff of a fag, but it ain't. The general population are the control group in all studes that have been done, the passive smokers are those with "exceptionally high exposure" and the orginal study took these as partners of 40 a day smokers, and even in those people this risk is pretty small.

Saying all this, if you don't like smoking coz of the stink in the pub, fair play.

After a while, even most smokers will see that it's far nicer sitting in pubs without a thick blanket of smoke to breathe in.

Everytime I've been out on the pop somewhere with a smoking ban, the hangover the next day is far less.

It'll not be long till they start to limit booze, too.

Give it 10 years and drinking will be as stigmatised as smoking is now.

The amount of crime caused by alcohol, the broken families, violence, illness, mayhem in Casualty departments, drink drivers ruining lives,....

Something must be done about it!

Nanny knows best.

As a non smoker, I really struggle to accept any argument against the ban.

I go over to Ireland quite a bit for work and you really do notice the difference when out and about in the evenings. I cannot wait for 1st July!

Goes from beeing nice pubs with a bit over the top smoke atmosphere, to becoming sweaty smelly shit holes, but its health related.

Â