Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howell was right about Berger before anybody else and I already told you lot what I heard about Parker.

Why dont you tell us John? Just to prove you arent full of shit, like. Even a little ambigious hint.

John doesnt have to prove he's not full of shit Mazrim at all, he could just as easy say he knows nothing so threads like this dont happen.

But would be interesting John ;)

I know he'ss not too populer around here but if he'ss on a free?

Laurent Robert wants Newcastle United to let him leave the club on a free transfer after launching yet another broadside at manager Graeme Souness.

The temperamental Frenchman seems certain to quit St James' Park in the summer due to his strained relationship with Souness.

The winger appeared to signal the end of his Newcastle career on Sunday when he stripped down to his underwear and threw his kit into the crowd after the 1-1 draw with champions Chelsea.

Robert admits he does not envisage his future to be on Tyneside after failing to convince Souness to hand him a regular starting spot.

He has confirmed he wants to leave the club over the summer and is hoping the Magpies top brass will sanction a free transfer, as he has just 12 months remaining on his contract.

The former Paris Saint Germain ace has ruled out a return to France and concedes he currently has no firm offers on the table.

A move to Spain is a possibility but the 29-year-old has suggested his preference is to stay in The Premiership after reiterating he is no longer able to work with Souness.

"I played for the whole season and, suddenly, nothing else," Robert told L'Equipe. "Souness didn't tell me anything.

"But he is a little special coach. He has trouble with a lot of players. It is just like that.

"Several clubs have interest in me. It is not concrete yet but I have no worries.

"I want to leave Newcastle. Going on with Souness, it is not possible.

"We never know what can happen but I don't want to come back to France. There are some contacts in Spain but, above all, in England.

"I like The Premiership a lot. My family has adapted well.

"I still have one year remaining on my contract but I think the Newcastle officials will let me leave.

"I don't play anymore so they don't need me anymore. They should let me go for free.

"If they prevent me from leaving I will stay but I don't think it's in the club's interest to pay me for nothing.

Well if he could behave himself and just get on with playing football he'd be a good signing imo, He'ss got that arrogent side to him which tbh the team just don't have and with him allready knowing nobby he might be worth a go, he'ss in the same boat as nobby was a while back and we all know how he'ss turned out,

I think if we were to get parker it would be on a loan basis tbh, but i really hope Dol can pull a few rabits out of the hat for his and the teams sake, kluivert,robert,mills,forssell and dela pena would be a massive step forward imo and tbh i think we'd have a good chance getting all of them,

up the villa

Why dont you tell us John? Just to prove you arent full of shit, like.

That's fighting talk where I come from...

I think the fact that we've signed Patrik Berger 5 months after he knew about it proves conclusively that he's not full of shit, like.

Keep your bra on. It was even in the mail 5 months ago.

I was only jibbing him to get something out of him. I've been upfront with what I heard. Just wanted to know what he knew. Wheres the harm?

Its better than keep saying you know something and then not saying anything.

And btw I also knew that we'd agreed with Berger back in January. It wasnt the best kept secret in the world.

Ryan Taylor looked a very good right back for Tranmere last night, almost a one man show. As they will be staying where they are (following his penalty miss) Brian Little might be tempted to cash in at the sort of figure we could afford. I wonder whether we have been looking at him?

Two things on the apparently/allegedly scale

1) West Ham really need to win tonight and in the final otherwise, they will have a bit of a fire sale this summer.

2) Etherington has been watched recently by Villa scouts