Worst atmosphere in the league

Zatman

What so people should be told where to sit?

Not as such, but they should be aware that if you go in the Holte, people are going to stand, sing, cheer, swear, shout etc. If they just want to sit and watch the match, and not be bothered by those things, then the Holte End isn't the place to be. 

Not as such, but they should be aware that if you go in the Holte, people are going to stand, sing, cheer, swear, shout etc. If they just want to sit and watch the match, and not be bothered by those things, then the Holte End isn't the place to be.

I'm not saying they are bothered by those things. I'm simply suggesting that a % of supporters probably like to sit and watch the game, rather than be orchestred by some bloke with a megaphone etc.

I'm not saying they are bothered by those things. I'm simply suggesting that a % of supporters probably like to sit and watch the game, rather than be orchestred by some bloke with a megaphone etc.

Oh yeah, I agree with that 100%. 

In the last 3 seasons we've won just 15 out of 57 home league games - if we have a crap atmosphere blame Lambert.

Assuming you are referring to 2011/12-2013/14, so you'd have to add McLeish in to the blame list.

In that period we also scored just 65 goals at VP (1.1 per game), so not a lot to shout about their either.

Add into that the ticket prices/parking/beer/burger and you realise were being completely ripped off.

Hence why I'm sticking to my guns a bit and reluctantly staying away, let alone making any noise.

The last 3 times I've been I've found myself as bored as I ever been watching football.

• Like 1

Add into that the ticket prices/parking/beer/burger and you realise were being completely ripped off.

Hence why I'm sticking to my guns a bit and reluctantly staying away, let alone making any noise.

The last 3 times I've been I've found myself as bored as I ever been watching football.

It's really bad, but yes, the petrol money the hours in a car, the cost of the tickets with 'that' style of clueless football on offer make it a bit of a stay away for me.

This season could potentially be the first in 20 or so years where I don't go to a single game. Lerner's new era has seen me go from 'needing' a season ticket to probably not bothering to turn up to a single game. £40 / £50 on petrol £55 / £60 on a couple of tickets, another £25 / £30 for some parking, a programme and food for two of us and all of a sudden that very dull football (surrounded by people clearly not enjoying themselves) looks like an expensive waste of 9 hours of my life and £130 / £140.

I've spent that in the past and I'm no financially worse off now than then, but the crap on offer whilst surrounded by people moaning about the crap on offer has tipped the scales. It's actually got to the point where twice this year I've been shopping in the bullring on a match day. Which must mean it ain't the time and it ain't the petrol money.

For that, I blame the whole current set up, from the Premier League, the owner, the manager, the players that earn tens of thousands a week and can't pass a **** ball.

I get the odd marketing call from the club every now and again asking about tickets for upcoming games and the like.  They always sound wearily resigned when I tell them I'll not be back in the forseeable future, like they've heard it a million times before.

We have been utter cack at home since MON left, its no suprise the atmosphere is poor at Villa. We play some of the worst football in the legue, barely any goals, barley any shots on target and we spend 65% of the match without having the ball. It's bloody awaful watching us at Villa park apart from maybe 3/4 times a season

Â