Worst atmosphere in the league

Zatman

We have been utter cack at home since MON left, its no suprise the atmosphere is poor at Villa. We play some of the worst football in the legue, barely any goals, barley any shots on target and we spend 65% of the match without having the ball. It's bloody awaful watching us at Villa park apart from maybe 3/4 times a season

we won 8 games the season before he left. that wasnt great for a team challenging for 4th, was actually matched byu Houllier

Standing singing non whinging areas needed urgently.

For me, the most important thing of all that needs addressing.

Even if the football is crap I'd enjoy going if I could sing and be behind the team from the off. We are a million miles from anything remotely good atmosphere wise.

If they could just sort that I could enjoy going again.

I hate people moaning, I hate sitting down like I'm at the cinema, and I hate not singing.

And above all I hate the media view that there is anything remotely good about the anfield crowd. We utterly out sing them every year.

And can you imagine , or remember, the noise at VP if we had their success ?

Edited by terrytini

We have been utter cack at home since MON left, its no suprise the atmosphere is poor at Villa. We play some of the worst football in the legue, barely any goals, barley any shots on target and we spend 65% of the match without having the ball. It's bloody awaful watching us at Villa park apart from maybe 3/4 times a season

we won 8 games the season before he left. that wasnt great for a team challenging for 4th, was actually matched byu Houllier

We used to draw a lot of games too under MON and Houllier problem is we take points in a lot less games these days and we are watching a lot more defeats which is probably the main reason most people are pissed off. Infact Lambert improves the the loss count every season if your pessimistic or he improves the win count if your optimistic

2006 7 wins 6 draws 6 losses 27 points

2007 10 wins 3 draws 6 losses 33 ponts

2008 7 wins 9 draws 3 losses 30 points

2009 7 wins 9 draws 3 losses 30 points

2010 8 wins 8 draws 3 losses 32 points

2011 4 wins 7 draws 8 losses 19 points

2012 5 wins 5 draws 9 losses 20 points

2013 6 wins 3 draws 10 losses 21 points

Edited by KHV

The bad atmosphere is largely through frustration to whats on the pitch which is understandable, factor in the discontent with the owner & the manager and aggressive stewarding doesn't help either.

How do you change it? Give us something to cheer about. Simple.

We used to draw a lot of games too under MON and Houllier problem is we take points in a lot less games these days and we are watching a lot more defeats which is probably the main reason most people are pissed off. Infact Lambert improves the the loss count every season if your pessimistic or he improves the win count if your optimistic

2006 7 wins 6 draws 6 losses 27 points

2007 10 wins 3 draws 6 losses 33 ponts

2008 7 wins 9 draws 3 losses 30 points

2009 7 wins 9 draws 3 losses 30 points

2010 8 wins 8 draws 3 losses 32 points

2011 4 wins 7 draws 8 losses 19 points

2012 5 wins 5 draws 9 losses 20 points

2013 6 wins 3 draws 10 losses 21 points

So that's 54 wins in 152 games I think-35.5% win average over eight.bloody.years.

The Cup semi vs Bradford had an immense pre-match atmosphere, all ended in tears of course.

I can remember Sunderland played Man Utd in the other semi and they had a shockingly bad turn out.

I do think when we are winning/up for it our atmosphere is right up at the top of tree.....can't think of any other teams who'd get that excited for a semi vs Bradford City.

That said if we became successful for an extended amount of time no doubt we'd become an expectancy library like the  other successful teams.

I'd welcome some orchestrated atmosphere.   

Singing sections have been a fail across the league so it's time to move onto the next idea.

Installing a cheer-o-meter would be a good start.

As founder members of the League and Premier League we should be pioneering such ideas (as we are with the safe standing).  

Edited by supernova26

Having been to Stamford Bridge and witnessed the polite applause after goals, nothing comes close to that.

VP is bad at present, but with a team playing attacking football in front of them, the fans very quickly get off their seats.

I remember going to Anfield for the first time back in the 80's and having seen all the hype on MOTD etc i was expecting this amazing ridiculously loud massive stand to appear in front of me......Boy was i shocked to see a half Holte end sized terrace! Been up there a few times over the years and if ever you want proof of the bias towards those clubs ..go to Anfield! It is no different to most other Premier League grounds atmosphere wise in my opinion.. Was a real let down. Villa Park "when it used to be good" was a much better atmoshere but never got the publicity it deserved...Shame those times have gone now.

I remember going to Anfield for the first time back in the 80's and having seen all the hype on MOTD etc i was expecting this amazing ridiculously loud massive stand to appear in front of me......Boy was i shocked to see a half Holte end sized terrace! Been up there a few times over the years and if ever you want proof of the bias towards those clubs ..go to Anfield! It is no different to most other Premier League grounds atmosphere wise in my opinion.. Was a real let down. Villa Park "when it used to be good" was a much better atmoshere but never got the publicity it deserved...Shame those times have gone now.

Anfield benefits from the fact Shankly bigged it up so much. When Shanks spoke, people listened. Plus the fact they got a lot of exposure from big European night, which they obviously had a lot more of than most in the 70s & 80s. As such the myth grew of the special atmosphere. I've no doubt that when they play a big European side on a Wednesday night, Anfield would be bouncing (but then so would most grounds in the country), the rest of the time it's loud when they sing YNWA at the start, then it's pretty much like every other Premier League ground, where the away fans are the most vocal, and the home end only sings when they're winning.

Standing singing non whinging areas needed urgently.

For me, the most important thing of all that needs addressing.

Even if the football is crap I'd enjoy going if I could sing and be behind the team from the off. We are a million miles from anything remotely good atmosphere wise.

If they could just sort that I could enjoy going again.

I hate people moaning, I hate sitting down like I'm at the cinema, and I hate not singing.

And above all I hate the media view that there is anything remotely good about the anfield crowd. We utterly out sing them every year.

And can you imagine , or remember, the noise at VP if we had their success ?

I hate....losing.....all the time.

Whilst it is correct that during the 2010/11 season we won 8 league home games they were not all under Houllier. Of those 8 wins two came under Kev Mac pre Houllier and one under Gary Mac in the last home game of the season against Liverpool over a month after Houllier went off ill. Of the 14 home games Houllier was manager for we won just 5.

QPR at home season before last (3-2) was pretty sick. Near the end of the season when we started winning games and got us hyped for a season after that turned out to be shit.

Took a UTD fan mate of mine and he **** loved it, said he'd not experienced anything like it at OT.

And those Guzan saves... Oh my

Â