Worst atmosphere in the league

Zatman

So why dont we do something about it? But how?

Easy. Jump up and down and sing in unison all game. Make going the match 50% about what happens on the pitch, 50% about the experience and day out. Drink lots of beer. Don't get to disheartened when we inevitably lose and don't turn on the team. Sing for the love of the club rather than the players if it's not going well. The fans ARE the club.

Bring back "safe" standing is the obvious answer. The best atmospheres at recent home games are when the Holte Ends stands up for 90 mins. I'd like to know how many people got hurt or injured due to standing up in the Holte End over the past 15 years? Not many I'd be willing to bet.  

And let us have a beer in the actual stand!  What difference does it make?

Bad atmosphere's are problem across the league, chiefly due to the post Hillsborough restrictions amongst other things.  We do have the power to do something though, like Palace have.

Easy. Jump up and down and sing in unison all game. Make going the match 50% about what happens on the pitch, 50% about the experience and day out. Drink lots of beer. Don't get to disheartened when we inevitably lose and don't turn on the team. Sing for the love of the club rather than the players if it's not going well. The fans ARE the club.

Bring back "safe" standing is the obvious answer. The best atmospheres at recent home games are when the Holte Ends stands up for 90 mins. I'd like to know how many people got hurt or injured due to standing up in the Holte End over the past 15 years? Not many I'd be willing to bet.  

I am not sure the guy next to me who shouts forward every time we get the ball and as soon as we pass the ball in front of their half shout shoot and refers to Sanchez as 'that south american fella' while munching on his pukka pie is likely to create an atmosposphere like this

Edited by Mic09

Bring back "safe" standing is the obvious answer. The best atmospheres at recent home games are when the Holte Ends stands up for 90 mins. I'd like to know how many people got hurt or injured due to standing up in the Holte End over the past 15 years? Not many I'd be willing to bet.

I am not sure the guy next to me who shouts forward every time we get the ball and as soon as we pass the ball in front of their half shout shoot and refers to Sanchez as 'that south american fella' is likely to create an atmosposphere like this

Banish him to the Trinity upper then.

Bring back "safe" standing is the obvious answer. The best atmospheres at recent home games are when the Holte Ends stands up for 90 mins. I'd like to know how many people got hurt or injured due to standing up in the Holte End over the past 15 years? Not many I'd be willing to bet.

I am not sure the guy next to me who shouts forward every time we get the ball and as soon as we pass the ball in front of their half shout shoot and refers to Sanchez as 'that south american fella' is likely to create an atmosposphere like this

Banish him to the Trinity upper then.

but he just wont go :(

See I wouldn't like to see stuff like that at English football grounds. Flags and scarfs yes, but not bloody choreography! English football fans are famous for their terrace wit, and ability to back their teams with ferocious passion, without having to resort to bouncing on the spot for 90 mins, while a bloke with a megaphone shouts at you when to hold your bit of card up. It's so much better when it's spontaneous, and organic. Like a chant that starts at the back of the Holte and catches on till everyone in the stand is singing, rather than being told it's time to sing <insert name of song here> at a particular point in the game.

• Like 4

I think fans need something to get behind. Right now there's nothing. Home fans aren't going to create a great atmosphere watching the team barely survive just so we can do it all again next year.

Obviously true, but we're not great compared to some teams even at the "best" of times.  The 1-0 win over Chelsea had the Holte looking/sounding pretty sweet, mind.

I think fans need something to get behind. Right now there's nothing. Home fans aren't going to create a great atmosphere watching the team barely survive just so we can do it all again next year.

Obviously true, but we're not great compared to some teams even at the "best" of times. The 1-0 win over Chelsea had the Holte looking/sounding pretty sweet, mind.

Yeah I don't think we have a great home support. Not many clubs consistently do. We have our moments i just think it would be much better if we had an owner, manager, plan that we could all get behind.

See I wouldn't like to see stuff like that at English football grounds. Flags and scarfs yes, but not bloody choreography! English football fans are famous for their terrace wit, and ability to back their teams with ferocious passion, without having to resort to bouncing on the spot for 90 mins, while a bloke with a megaphone shouts at you when to hold your bit of card up. It's so much better when it's spontaneous, and organic. Like a chant that starts at the back of the Holte and catches on till everyone in the stand is singing, rather than being told it's time to sing <insert name of song here> at a particular point in the game.

It's as embarrassing as Arsenals 'singing section' at the Emirates?

English football humour is best when spontaneous!

This debate has been had before. We're no worse than the majority of the Premier League. I've not clicked on the article, but as usual it's sounds like an excuse to fill a bit of space in a newspaper. As people have said it totally contradicts what's been said in other articles, and I wonder on what the author is basing his list on? Has he been to every Premier League game this season? Has he even been to every Premier League ground this season? I doubt it very much.

You want a better atmosphere at football? Lower the prices, let people stand up, and don't be so overzealous with the stewarding. Simple as.

And what about the yellow wall at Borussia? Wouldnt you want something like that at Holte?

And what about the yellow wall at Borussia? Wouldnt you want something like that at Holte?

Can't say I would, no. That's special to German football, not English. It's good in it's own way, but it's not for me, and it's not as special to me as a standing Holte End, Kop, South Bank, North Bank, Gallowgate, Stretford End, Gwladys Street etc etc.

Sometimes people just want to watch the match as well y'know.

Good point. I would suggest people not sit in the Holte, if this is the case though.

Edited by dAVe80

Â