Paul Lambert

limpid

Because of the daft 4 year contract, and Lerner's apathy, I was convinced that Lambert would not be sacked.

I am not so sure now though, things are beginning to look alarming, and I think if results do not improve against the`lesser' teams, Lerner may well panic and pull the trigger.

think it'll be more of the same this year tbh in that it'll be around 38 for survival. Meaning we need 16 points from 15. Doesnt look very realistic at the minute.

But that's more than a point per game. What a totally unreasonable expectation level you have!

Edited by pacbuddies

Hull is the tipping point.

This or Chelsea depending on the performance/result (i.e a 5-0 thrashing); anything similar to the rubbish served up against Arsenal and fans will turn (rightly so imo)

No, will not be the Chelsea game. He will get (another) free pass on that one. After that, though, it will get messy if things do not improve.

I think peope are pissing in the wind if they think he will be pushed now, January was the time to boot Lambert out. For some reason he is too stubborn to quit too even though he is possibly the most useless football manager I have witnessed in 30 years of watching football and he is ruining Aston Villa. He will probably still be in charge in the Championship, Words can describe how much I hate this useless buffoon

• Like 1

Hull is the tipping point.

He's already lost the away fans on numerous occasions, it needs to happen at Villa Park to be of any further significance.

If I'm honest I dont't think he gives a shit

Yeah I guess so. But I guess what I mean is that Hull is the game that will sour everybody. if we lose that then the fanbase is gone. 

It may take until the next home game for it to be heard, but we'll be at rock bottom then.

I'm worried that he might get a result against Chelsea in which case we are definatley stuck with him all season

Don't worry, every silver lining has its cloud.

Since Lambert has been here every short moment of good has been followed by lengthy moments of bad.

I'm worried that he might get a result against Chelsea in which case we are definatley stuck with him all season

I find the idea that some fans are worried about us getting a result against Chelsea a worrying thing in itself.

It just prolongs the inevitable, remember last season when we beat Chelsea we though we had turned a corner but if I remeber correctly a couple of weeks later we got battered by Stoke and were massivley shite for the rest of the season

I find the idea that some fans are worried about us getting a result against Chelsea a worrying thing in itself.

It just prolongs the inevitable, remember last season when we beat Chelsea we though we had turned a corner but if I remeber correctly a couple of weeks later we got battered by Stoke and were massivley shite for the rest of the season

Only certain people believed we had turned a corner.

If we had some sort of cast iron guarantee that Lambert would be sacked if we don't get a result against Chelsea then maybe I could understand this strange worry about us getting a result but we all know that it's highly unlikely that Lambert will be sacked regardless of what happens.

We're in a relegation battle FFS - we need all the points we can get. Wanting us to not get a result is bizarre at best.

I think I have gone past the point of caring :lol:

We were shit for the rest of the season and apart from some early promise this season have continued to be shit.

It doesn't matter who plays , what system or what style of play we just can not get results.Chelsea is seen as a write off but we need some kind of performance , i can not  see a way ,after a tonking from Arsenal and a bad defeat to Chelsea that we could somehow within the squad find the confidence to then go get a result at Hull.

4 year contract , false narrative be dammed this is a results business.When player's haven't performed  for example Bent they have been discarded surely the same rules have to apply to the manager.

• Like 1

Worried that we mught get a result against Chelsea? Seriously??? The removal of the manager is more important to you than your team winning?

• Like 3

Why are you worried? If we get a result **** brilliant - isn't that what we want - results. Forget the fact that he will still be here. The ONLY thing that matters AT THIS MOMENT in time is that we gain points and a win is the correct conclusion. Him being here after the result is secondary - I know what I want - three points (at least no loss) - b******cks to anything else! Just my opinion.

• Like 3

Why are you worried? If we get a result **** brilliant - isn't that what we want - results. Forget the fact that he will still be here. The ONLY thing that matters AT THIS MOMENT in time is that we gain points and a win is the correct conclusion. Him being here after the result is secondary - I know what I want - three points (at least no loss) - b******cks to anything else! Just my opinion.

Naz, do you realise you put "just my opinion" after nearly everything you write?!  We've all been doing this for a while now, we've sort of realised that most of what people write is their opinion rather than cold hard facts mate! ;)  Just my opinion.

It doesn't matter who plays , what system or what style of play we just can not get results.Chelsea is seen as a write off but we need some kind of performance , i can not  see a way ,after a tonking from Arsenal and a bad defeat to Chelsea that we could somehow within the squad find the confidence to then go get a result at Hull.

I agree we will be low on confidence going into the Hull game but they will be in exactly the same boat so I guess in that regard it will even itself out.

We are all naturally now pinning a lot on that game and see it as a chance to start turning things around. You can guarantee that is exactly the way Hull supporters are seeing the game as well. It is massive. Lose that and that really will be the knock out blow to any confidence remaining in the players. I also think it will mean the fans turn en mass against the manager and the reaction to him at the games will not be pleasant.

Regardless of whether you think it is only right or otherwise in terms of during and even after the games compared with the abuse past managers here have got, and many managers at many others clubs who have overseen long periods of poor results have got, then Lambert has so far been given a relatively easy ride. I was hoping he would go before it would get to the stage when the crowd vociferously turned on him in big numbers but I am now beginning to think that won't be the case.

Edited by markavfc40

Worried that we mught get a result against Chelsea? Seriously??? The removal of the manager is more important to you than your team winning?

I suppose the worry is it would be a freak result and we would sink back to the normal run of dire results after that but Lambert would have been reprieved just long enough to make it too late to get rid of him.

• Like 1

Yes he is a cancer that is eating the club from within, totally unable to motivate players, unable to make sound tactical decisions, no style of play , no football philosophy. Basically the man does know know if he needs a shit or a haircut and his total lack of direction or ideas is being transmitted onto the pitch. You only have to watch us on the pitch and it's glaringly obvious nobody is interested or has any idea of what the hell they are supposed to be doing. That comes down to the manger, he is bloody awful to say the least.

• Like 2

Â