Paul Lambert

limpid

i ahte what lameberts turned us into not hate him as a person

Yet you continually call him Lamebert?

Oh come on, it's hardly sending him hate mail is it?  There's far worse than that said on football sites in general.

My point was though whether you like or dislike someone as a person, is it necessary to continually insult them? It doesn't strengthen your point and the reality is the argument against Lambert doesn't actually need any strengthening anyway, especially not like that. 

Maybe, but it's hardly worth getting over-excited about.  All managers get called names at times, O'Leary was pig-nose, O'Neill was pubehead and so on.  I wouldn't normally bother with calling Lambert names myself.  The mumbling idiot.  Oops, sorry!

• Like 1

This is the man that let Darren Bent leave on a free whilst still paying 75% of his wages, then a few weeks later makes a £5m bid for 33yr old Rickie Lambert!.. 

Heads Gone!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...imagine side-lining a lazy luxury striker who couldn't attract any attention in the premiership and try replacing him with a hard-working intelligent target man on a short term deal who more recently appeared for England and would have provided Benteke some competition.  What a fool!

Im glad you agree!

I don't think the Chelsea game will be hisBolton.

It might well be.  Biggish crowd, probably a heavy defeat and the disappointment of not bringing a striker in before the transfer window.  I don't think it will be pretty.

It might well be.  Biggish crowd, probably a heavy defeat and the disappointment of not bringing a striker in before the transfer window.  I don't think it will be pretty.

We might have to wait until the Albion game before he gets his 'Bolton'.

Hull is away, Leicester is a cup game and we can't be expected to beat the mighty Stoke and Newcastle as they are so far ahead of us in mid table.

Hull is the tipping point.

I sense that amongst those still supporting Lambert, enough will be enough if we lose the next two.

To be fair, I have taken a look at the fixtures and I can still a crazy situation whereby we don't win any of the next 3 or 4 games and are still not in the bottom three.

We might have to wait until the Albion game before he gets his 'Bolton'.

Hull is away, Leicester is a cup game and we can't be expected to beat the mighty Stoke and Newcastle as they are so far ahead of us in mid table.

That Baggies game is a good shout by you PB. I could imagine that, if we have the chance to go above them with a win and we don't get that result - especially if we find ourselves in the bottom three and need a win against them to get out - the fans might just become their most vocal against him.

Anybody know what's the lowest amount of points someone has stayed up on?? I think it could be a record low this year. 40 used to,be the bench mark but we seem to have lowered that to 38 now.

It's very VERY rarely 40 points.

Anybody know what's the lowest amount of points someone has stayed up on?? I think it could be a record low this year. 40 used to,be the bench mark but we seem to have lowered that to 38 now.

I believe it is 34 by Albion.

Yeah I kknow Albion got 36 last year but would have only required 34 to stay up, so guess that must be it?

Yeah I kknow Albion got 36 last year but would have only required 34 to stay up, so guess that must be it?

In 2004/2005 Albion finished 17th with 34 points.

• Like 2

That's my point! 40 used to be seen as a survival point but it seems 38 is the target now. How low do you set your sights but still stay up? We have to win 5 games in 15 to get to 37. Will it be a case of not losing 6 pointers to stay up? Will that mean 33/34 points will be enough? If that's the case if you are Lambert do you start targeting certain games more than others? Do you go full strength against CFC and Hull? Or do you save legs for the Tuesday? Will he throw the FA Cup game? Some fans don't seem to believe we are in a relegation battle I just hope Lambert realises we are but we have a chance in the FA Cup and I think he needs a cup run as much as us fans do.

This or Chelsea depending on the performance/result (i.e a 5-0 thrashing); anything similar to the rubbish served up against Arsenal and fans will turn (rightly so imo)

No, will not be the Chelsea game. He will get (another) free pass on that one. After that, though, it will get messy if things do not improve.

This or Chelsea depending on the performance/result (i.e a 5-0 thrashing); anything similar to the rubbish served up against Arsenal and fans will turn (rightly so imo)

He probably would still be employed if Chelsea put 10 past us thats how much of a joke club we have become

• Like 1

That's my point! 40 used to be seen as a survival point but it seems 38 is the target now. How low do you set your sights but still stay up? We have to win 5 games in 15 to get to 37. Will it be a case of not losing 6 pointers to stay up? Will that mean 33/34 points will be enough? If that's the case if you are Lambert do you start targeting certain games more than others? Do you go full strength against CFC and Hull? Or do you save legs for the Tuesday? Will he throw the FA Cup game? Some fans don't seem to believe we are in a relegation battle I just hope Lambert realises we are but we have a chance in the FA Cup and I think he needs a cup run as much as us fans do.

5 wins out of 15 games.

I hope you are wrong because the bloke has only managed 5 wins in 23 games so far.

Â