Paul Lambert

limpid

At this point yes.  I think it's pretty obvious we won't be staying 12th for the rest of the season so just saying 'look we're 12th' is pretty pointless at this moment.

Last season people said 'Look we're 11th' and we ended up on 38 points after 38 games.

Our league position right now is hardly a true reflection of how the rest of the season will go.

Oh, you're psychic.

Fair enough then :D

Good one.

Nothing to do with being psychic.  When you look at our points total so far and our form over the majority of the season it's more likely that we're going to have a similar season to last season.  It's not a guarantee, of course things could be different.  But it does actually involve taking things into consideration instead of saying 'look we're 12th'

But you said "our league position now is hardly a true reflection of how the rest of the season will go" - so you're obviously psychic.

I mean, at the halfway point in the season we're 12th.  That's not made up or based on form or anything, we're 12th.  Therefore, you must know something is going to happen in the second half of the season that is going to see us get relegated; I respect that.

I didn't say we'd be relegated.  Think you're just adding that in.  I do think it's stupid to just say 'we're 12th' so he shouldn't be sacked.

We did win today and have only lost twice in the last eleven matches.

3 wins in 17

stats are fun

Well we're through to the next round of the cup and a half way up the league, not brilliant but there's no way that Lambert's going anywhere.

Today it has been confirmed Aston Villa FC that a goal was actually scored at Villa Park and despite the best efforts of the team and Mr Paul Lambert that this indeed resulted in a victory for Aston Villa. A spokesperson

for the club has indicated that as a result of this complete ignorance of club policy an internal investigation will be held and disciplinary proceedings will be the result. Owner Randy Learner has expressed his deep disgust

with all the employees of the club that have associated with this occasion. Also it has been reported by the BBC, Al-Jazeera and Sky news

that as a result of this earth shattering event at Villa Park all members of the Islamic State have pledged their allegiance to Israel and are converting to Judaism in huge numbers and their leader has admitted live on Al-

Jazeera that he is in fact a cross dresser and buys his lingerie from Victoria's Secret on-line!!!

Not funny.

Juvenile rather than funny

[We have scored 1 in our last 5 and won 2 of our last 16.

How can you defend him?

Because some people don't think he is faultless but also don't think he is the footballing anti-Christ that should be sacked immediately.

I'm one of them.

Again, there are a couple who think he is faultless, but I can't and won't mention who! Most of us can work that out by ourselves.

• Like 1

3 wins in 17

stats are fun

Well we're through to the next round of the cup and a half way up the league, not brilliant but there's no way that Lambert's going anywhere.

We could be 17th and lambert is not going anywhere.  I don't think that's a reason for people to just accept what they see though.

• Like 1

Rule number one in football is actually make yourself hard to beat.

As boring as it might be, we're actually in the beat position we have been for a while.

People wanted possession, we're doing that, poeple wanted us to stop conceeding silly goals, we're doing that. If we can just add a little bit going forward then we'll win more than we lose.

Best position in a while from a league position point of view.....for now

We have scored 1 in our last 5 and won 2 of our last 16.

How can you defend him?

Nothing to do with the league position.

How are we in a better position then?

You said that our style is boring and we don't score enough....

3 wins in 17

stats are fun

i agree he's not going anywhere, i've said earlier today in here he's not even under any pressure, small pockets of chanting away to burnley and at home to palace, bit of chanting today, nothing in the rags, SSN dont care they just have a laugh about the stats every now and then, it'll be a cold day in hell before we get anything from lerner

• Like 1

3 wins in 17

stats are fun

We could be 17th and lambert is not going anywhere.  I don't think that's a reason for people to just accept what they see though.

You say Lambert isn't going anywhere. However one thing is certain - it won't go on like this - either the sideways game will get better - maybe with a couple of loans, or we alter it to a faster more direct style. If we keep not scoring something will give - no manager will just stand idly by and watch his team not score week in - week out...

[We have scored 1 in our last 5 and won 2 of our last 16.

How can you defend him?

Because some people don't think he is faultless but also don't think he is the footballing anti-Christ that should be sacked immediately.

I'm one of them.

Again, there are a couple who think he is faultless, but I can't and won't mention who! Most of us can work that out by ourselves.

He's clearly not faultless, but the way some people go on you'd think they'd walked in on Lambert doing their wife, girlfriend, mother and dog in a crazed orgy. Ah well, Weimann seems on that list now too, it was Clark and Baker...

• Like 1

As boring as it might be, we're actually in the beat position we have been for a while.

People wanted possession, we're doing that, poeple wanted us to stop conceeding silly goals, we're doing that. If we can just add a little bit going forward then we'll win more than we lose.

How can you defend him?

Because we've finally stopped conceding and being easy to beat. We've finally started to have a bit of possession. Were those not what people wanted?

Ask any football manager and the most important thing is to make yourself hard to beat. If he has £7 mil to spend then I trust him to spend it well if he spends it on one player only, which is all he needs to do. We're still missing that number 10, I hope he's identified one.

As it's clear that Lambert isn't going to get sacked. What do people think is required to make our new brand of football acceptable enough so that we don't have the constant chirping back and forth?

Personally, I think we need to either go 2 up top or drop Gabby and Andi. They aren't bad players by any stretch but in a possession based team they don't offer enough. I would try to replace them with people that play to Benteke's strength which I don't think is his aerial ability. What he needs is people in and around him who are creative but also intent on attacking the space he can create, playing the ball into his feet and linking up with him. 

They might not accept what they see but I think the fans have little influence in terms of getting Lambert out the door if that's what they want.

How can you defend him?

Because we've finally stopped conceding and being easy to beat. We've finally started to have a bit of possession. Were those not what people wanted?

Ask any football manager and the most important thing is to make yourself hard to beat. If he has £7 mil to spend then I trust him to spend it well if he spends it on one player only, which is all he needs to do. We're still missing that number 10, I hope he's identified one.

Problem is he'll spend that £7m on Cleverley

As it's clear that Lambert isn't going to get sacked. What do people think is required to make our new brand of football acceptable enough so that we don't have the constant chirping back and forth?

Personally, I think we need to either go 2 up top or drop Gabby and Andi. They aren't bad players by any stretch but in a possession based team they don't offer enough. I would try to replace them with people that play to Benteke's strength which I don't think is his aerial ability. What he needs is people in and around him who are creative but also intent on attacking the space he can create, playing the ball into his feet and linking up with him.

We need to do something that results in more goals and points. 2 up front would be a good start and signing a winger and an am.

I think bentekes strengths and running onto through balls and receiving the ball early in an attack. The new brand seems to make it difficult for Benteke to do either of those things. 

Â