Paul Lambert

limpid

I really hope Lambert gets praise from everyone soon, he's had virtually both hands tied behind his back since getting here and I think he's doing well. Also he can spot cheap talent as good as anybody.

No. I agree with all the words in my last post, but only 36 out of 37 of these.

Stayed up juuust to late methinks.

Credit to the manager Today. We really should of scored 4 or 5 and that was down to how Lambert sent us out second half and then the subs he made.  Gonna be quiet in here tonight haha.

So here goes with the "Sticks" I could find.

CNZ should not start under Lambert. He simply doesnt know how to play him.

The reason our build up play was better in the first 30 mins or so was because the back 4/5 trusted giving Clev & Westwood the ball. Sanchez was often too far right and forward untill Hutton Barked at him for being in the "F***ing way". CNZ f`***ed off to the middle & left thus disappearing alltogether in the 1st half. Hence Hutton not being effective on the right (always coming inside) at the beginning.

The "Crisps" goal was a joke, no DM cutting off the inward path

Great Westwood Delivery & Clarks header. (but shite defending - take it - thnx)

Against a, Shiter shite than when we are shite, bag of crisps it still took us forever to get in front.

Then against 10 men we still looked very capable of letting them score. F**k!!! how crap was that last 10 mins tactically?

Someone posted earlier Clev & Westwood are too similar. I agree (westwood being the more game effective of the 2)

Sanchez was forced deeper because of the changes (westwood) He's improving and despite Clev & Rich'son not impressing me we certainly looked better balanced with those 3 in midfield up till the red card.

I get very uneasy when opposition managers shuffle their pack and go for it - PL's only answer seems to be "sit deeper, hoof it & hope"

Against a better team with 11 men (including a CF - Sub nearly scored btw) we could have conceded (1 even 2)

Anyone wondering why we are so far up the table atm and IF we could have got results against Spuds, QPR we would be EL placed, think about this:

Chelsea - Top dogs

Man C - were shite - getting better

WetSpam - WTF?

Soton - breath of fresh air

ManU - shite start

ArseAnal - shite

Newcastle - WTF?

Swansea - see Soton

Loserpool, Spuds, Everton - All Shite

Rest are really shite

If we manage to be less shite than the "really shite's" we should end up 12th

Lerner out - @ Paul - please walk

• Like 2

2 wins against the 2 worst teams in the league impress nobody. I predict we're back in the bottom 5 in the coming months, i don't say we're going to get relegated, because there simply are worse teams, but we're never getting mid table under Lambert.

Lambert is not responsible for the schedule, nor the form of the opposition we face - it's his job to beat that opposition.

Credit where it is due, then: We had our worst run in history and while it hasn't been pretty (and it never is trying to break a bad run) we are undefeated in 5 with 2 wins in our last 2 starts. I hope for Lambert's sake (and ours!) that good performances follow good results as confidence builds.....

... but admit to needing much more convincing before that hope becomes anything other than blind.

• Like 1

He's clearly incapable of setting up a midfield

What's the most he's been allowed to spend on a midfielder?
Well he has had ~£60m available so how he has chosen to spend that money has been up to him.
Allright then, which of our bigger-money signings would you want to send back? Okore? Kozak? Cissokho? Sanchez? Benteke? I'm drawing a bit of a blank trying to think of anyone else who cost a Premier League amount of money - The rest were speculative buys, some of which have worked out okay, and some of which haven't.
If we get to pick and chose, we could have used Hutton from the start and not bought Lowton. We also could have not bought Kozak and used Bent or Helenius as the Benteke back-up (as that position was fairly well stocked already).

That would have made an extra £4m-6m available, in my opinion.

When talking about transfers, I think Lambert's been fairly successful. However, Benteke and Cissokho aside, fullback & striker positions have been a bit of a concern.

Striker is, arguably, the one position where I've felt relatively comfortable. Even if it's Gabby/Weimann, they'd score enough goals between them. Having Benteke is, obviously, a massive plus point, but the initial options (Bent included) aren't terrible if they get the right service.

Bent needs to be got rid of. He's had his time here and been paid for it. We need players with more energy that him. How long has Bent got left on his contract? Seems like an eternity.

And I mentioned how odd it was that some fans couldn't wait to say stuff like ' it'll be quiet on here tonight '.....' new sticks needed etc.....as if they personally had scored some sort of victory over people who had a different view about the manager, and views, at that, which have been expressed pretty reasonably and balanced.

I made the 'new sticks' comment, it certainly wasn't in any way me proclaiming any kind of victory over other people.

It was a light hearted comment, meant in jest, because on numerous occasions in this thread people have talked about the various sticks Lambert has been beaten with.

I'd argue that quite a lot of the stuff in this thread hasn't been well balanced (yours are) but everyone is equally entitled to their views on Lambert like anything else. 

I don't share you stance but its no less valid than mine or anyone else's.

Today was another step in the right direction, one of a few of late, I still hope there are more because I don't want to see us change manager but I completely understand if others still feel differently.

Fair enough.

I certainly enjoyed it today and hope lambo did too

Two different sides of the argument agreeing and being nice to each other?

BURN THEM

simpsons_mob.gif

2 wins against the 2 worst teams in the league impress nobody. I predict we're back in the bottom 5 in the coming months, i don't say we're going to get relegated, because there simply are worse teams, but we're never getting mid table under Lambert.

Impressed me and Palace arent one of the worst two in the league

• Like 1

Credit to the manager Today. We really should of scored 4 or 5 and that was down to how Lambert sent us out second half and then the subs he made.  Gonna be quiet in here tonight haha.

So here goes with the "Sticks" I could find.

CNZ should not start under Lambert. He simply doesnt know how to play him.

The reason our build up play was better in the first 30 mins or so was because the back 4/5 trusted giving Clev & Westwood the ball. Sanchez was often too far right and forward untill Hutton Barked at him for being in the "F***ing way". CNZ f`***ed off to the middle & left thus disappearing alltogether in the 1st half. Hence Hutton not being effective on the right (always coming inside) at the beginning.

The "Crisps" goal was a joke, no DM cutting off the inward path

Great Westwood Delivery & Clarks header. (but shite defending - take it - thnx)

Against a, Shiter shite than when we are shite, bag of crisps it still took us forever to get in front.

Then against 10 men we still looked very capable of letting them score. F**k!!! how crap was that last 10 mins tactically?

Someone posted earlier Clev & Westwood are too similar. I agree (westwood being the more game effective of the 2)

Sanchez was forced deeper because of the changes (westwood) He's improving and despite Clev & Rich'son not impressing me we certainly looked better balanced with those 3 in midfield up till the red card.

I get very uneasy when opposition managers shuffle their pack and go for it - PL's only answer seems to be "sit deeper, hoof it & hope"

Against a better team with 11 men (including a CF - Sub nearly scored btw) we could have conceded (1 even 2)

Anyone wondering why we are so far up the table atm and IF we could have got results against Spuds, QPR we would be EL placed, think about this:

Chelsea - Top dogs

Man C - were shite - getting better

WetSpam - WTF?

Soton - breath of fresh air

ManU - shite start

ArseAnal - shite

Newcastle - WTF?

Swansea - see Soton

Loserpool, Spuds, Everton - All Shite

Rest are really shite

If we manage to be less shite than the "really shite's" we should end up 12th

Lerner out - @ Paul - please walk

Posts like this are a reminder of why football managers can never be universally popular.

• Like 3

Well I for one wouldn't have Vlaar walk straight back into the team. I hope Lambert doesn't automatically include him with the way Clark and Okore are playing. It will be interesting to see how Clark and Okore perform against better opposition. To be honest, Vlaar doesn't deserve to come straight back into the team, if he wants to leave then fine, he's entitled to it, but I don't think it sends out the right message really when your captain seems desperate to leave to a point where he will go on a free transfer.  

• Like 2

Well I for one wouldn't have Vlaar walk straight back into the team. I hope Lambert doesn't automatically include him with the way Clark and Okore are playing. It will be interesting to see how Clark and Okore perform against better opposition. To be honest, Vlaar doesn't deserve to come straight back into the team, if he wants to leave then fine, he's entitled to it, but I don't think it sends out the right message really when your captain seems desperate to leave to a point where he will go on a free transfer.

I agree. Vlaar should be on the bench.

Â