Paul Lambert

limpid

The 4 year deal continues to look like another in a long line of terrible decisions from the owner.

Undefeated in three games.

Woohoo.

The four year deal means nothing to us. We don't even know if it is a four year deal. Lerner can sack Lambert any time he likes. Personally, I wish Lerner would sell the club but there is little hope of that at the moment.

I personally don't see the point in hounding the manager out when we have a substandard squad and a lack of investment. Lambert hasn't been amazing but for me he has to stay until until Lerner sells the club, because he is the real problem. And the problem is clear to all and sundry, so recruiting a better manager will be difficult.

Well we hounded the previous owner out and now we are hounding this one out.... what is the difference to hounding out the men that spend the money (the managers)

This owner has spent £110 million to end up with this lot.... do you think it is any easier to find a new owner than it is to find a new manager.

If  a new owner comes in there are no guarantee's that we will be in any different a situation......unless the manager buys well.....it needs to be a combined effort in order to buy well

When a manager is successful in the transfer market, you get the scenario at Arsenal where Usmanov is asking Wenger to spend money and wenger is not convinced/uncomfortable with it......Thats what happens when the trading is/has been successful.....It can be a reverse scenario like that.

Between them they are both contributing to the problem.....but remember Randy has had his moment when he has found decent money, maybe not now, granted.

PS Perhaps if we had of had more success with the recruitment of managers ( down to Randy) we could be sitting with a team full of 10 million pound players

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

When all is said and done Lambert is the manager and in most, if not all, vocations that's where the blame lies for failure.

13 points after 13 games following our best start to a season or yonks is just ridiculous. Trying to hold on to 1-0 leads and face onslaughts against Southampton and Burnley is also ridiculous. The guy just does not seem to be able to change this and stop it from happening game after game, which leads me to believe he wants it to be that way, which is also ridiculous.

If we wait until after Christmas to change manager it will be too late. Lerner should act sooner, if at all, and allow a new man plenty of time to turn it it around.

• Like 2

TRO, I agree a new owner is no guarantee of success, however what is clear is that under Lerner we are only going backwards. I think Lambert has an eye for a player but his system of playing workers out wide is hurting us. Cole's display today showed how a bit of craft on the wing can liven up our turgid system.

When all is said and done Lambert is the manager and in most, if not all, vocations that's where the blame lies for failure.

13 points after 13 games following our best start to a season or yonks is just ridiculous. Trying to hold on to 1-0 leads and face onslaughts against Southampton and Burnley is also ridiculous. The guy just does not seem to be able to change this and stop it from happening game after game, which leads me to believe he wants it to be that way, which is also ridiculous.

If we wait until after Christmas to change manager it will be too late. Lerner should act sooner, if at all, and allow a new man plenty of time to turn it it around.

He has had numerous opportunities to say what is wrong and baulks at the questions....it seems he simply doesn't know what is wrong. To me he just looks in denial....that is the look of a man that is leading the team down.

conversely, Pardew and Allardyce were in a similar position, so maybe just maybe, it can be turned around.

The worry for me is that, they seemed more in tune with their situation as under pressure as they looked, our guy looks caught in the headlights....It is happening too often for me to think of staying with him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

A game where we looked a class above Burnley in the first half followed by our usual performance in the second. Incapable of building on a 1-0 lead. Its soul destroying. Honestly dont see us staying in the league with results like this.

• Like 2

A game where we looked a class above Burnley in the first half followed by our usual performance in the second. Incapable of building on a 1-0 lead. Its soul destroying. Honestly dont see us staying in the league with results like this.

It's like watching the match engine on FM games, you know the goal is coming, but you cannot do a thing about it other than scream at the computer.

It's like watching the match engine on FM games, you know the goal is coming, but you cannot do a thing about it other than scream at the computer.

I doubt even on FM you could go 9 games without winning.

• Like 1

Undefeated in three games.

Must win against Palace! If we play as we did today, we will.

So if we play like we did today, when we drew with burnley, we will beat palace? Right!

Don't be arsey, you knew what I meant. We created a lot today minus Benteke, if we continue to play in that fashion we will win more often than not. Despite the doom and gloom, I believe six points are achievable in the next two games. 

Burnley is the worst team in the league, and had the most chances. If we play like we did today we'll go down.

Aston Villa had the most chances today, actually.

Are u taking half chances into your account? In my eyes Burnley clearly had the most, big clear cut chances. Apart from the goal and the Grealish chance at the end, i don't remember us being very threatening.

You remember what you want to remember. It is nice if you watch the first half again, or read up on the stats.

TRO, I agree a new owner is no guarantee of success, however what is clear is that under Lerner we are only going backwards. I think Lambert has an eye for a player but his system of playing workers out wide is hurting us. Cole's display today showed how a bit of craft on the wing can liven up our turgid system.

My point is, it is not simply one factor that is causing the problem....its more than just the owner, albeit that is a significant one.

We are going backwards under Lerner, but at one stage under Lerner we wasn't. I want to see a successful takeover as much as the next man, because I think Lerner has crashed and Burnt. His head has gone and the money he has lost will/has effected him.... despite what he has got left.

What has gone on at Aston Villa in his time will not be lost on a new owner, so unless Bill Gates is coming in Carlos Slim don't expect a king midas style approach to fix the thing.

Paul Lambert has an eye for a player has he?....he has had 46 mill to prove it in 2.5 years, not a great deal of money in todays market granted, but i have a suspicion more could have been done with that money combined with the nous at BMH that could have had a much better effect on things.... I don't want to go in to too much detail, but how many left backs have we played with?....is that a RL problem directly?

I have hunch that despite Randy Lerner....We could have made a much better fist of things.

We have had managers in the past who have encountered the same problems under HDE but using their skills and those of well chosen aids have managed  to instill a semblance of pride in to our club... not to mention some trophies.... they certainly did not succumb to conceding to lower league opposition..... and that surely is not to be laid at RL's door.

Edited by TRO

I doubt even on FM you could go 9 games without winning.

Certainly not without getting the sack.

An individual error got our only goal against Southampton.

Exactly.

Sure somewhere down the line every goal conceded can be tracked to an error from someone. Although obviously giving away a penalty, seems a bit too simplistic to simply say Okore made the foul so anyone else is absolved of blame, if Okore doesn't touch him he's free on goal and you'd imagine would score anyway then there would be none of this individual error talk. Also it's not as if they made no other chances.

• Like 1

Â