Paul Lambert

limpid

I expect Villa to drop into the relegation zone next week - where we belong - and stay there until the end of the season. Fire Lambert already. Enough is enough.

You can say enough is enough as much as you like. It doesn't make it so.

picard.jpg

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

I have no desire to attack people who still think he should stay, and nothing would give me more pleasure than to have to change my view that he needs to go now.

So no hidden agenda in this question.

Are any of the people who want him to stay even remotely enjoying the football we play ?

Because I have to say that over and above results this is the aspect I find most dismal. I simply don't even want to watch us.

My lad stopped going with me a year or so ago. Ii could now start taking my grandson but wouldn't dream of it !

Now whatever money you have, whatever restraints, whatever injuries, you can play entertaining football.

I can think of only a couple of performances in two and half years where I enjoyed how we played, and a half dozen more or so when I really enjoyed the result without particularly enjoying our football.

That's about 10-12 hours maximum for a couple of grand outlay !!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Are any of the people who want him to stay even remotely enjoying the football we play ?

I'm not even sure why you're asking that question. I think it's pretty obvious that the people that do want him to stay want that for other reasons.

I'm not even sure why you're asking that question. I think it's pretty obvious that the people that do want him to stay want that for other reasons.

Not rocket science is it ?

I'm asking because I am interested whether anyone is enjoying the football !

It is, after all, the entire point.

I think it's obvious though that even those that don't want him sacked are particularly enjoying the football either. I think the so-called "pro-Lambert camp" have made it pretty clear what their reasons are.

I dont understand how any one can still support him. In the modern day age of football.. managers have been sacked for a lot less at smaller clubs with smaller budgets.

I wouldnt mind if we were playing well.. scoring.. looking competitive.. but this negative defensive football to get draws or small losses are is garbage. I actually like Paul and find it hard to hate him.. but i think 2 full seasons and looks like a 3rd season of rubbish.. is more than enough chance. Why did McLeish get the sack? because he coached the blues? who cares. He was just as bad too. I think Lambert has been given a fair crack at the job by the fans and we have remained patient. We will lose to Southampton guaranteed. Theres no hope in that one. But if we follow that up with anything less than 3 pts against Burnley. He should walk never mind getting sacked. 

• Like 2

I think it's obvious though that even those that don't want him sacked are particularly enjoying the football either. I think the so-called "pro-Lambert camp" have made it pretty clear what their reasons are.

Wow, listen if you don't fancy the question I really won't be offended if you ignore it !!

It was simple enough, and I put it in context, and I have then took the trouble to explain why I asked it !

It is a question whereupon I am interested in the answer. Why not let those it is directed to choose to answer it if they wish.

I don't enjoy our football.

At all.

In fact I loathe it.

I am interested whether those who want him to stay feel different.

I am fully aware of the reasons why some are pro and some anti, I hoped for a long long time this appointment would work, but amongst MY reasons for wishing he would go is the fact that I hate the football.

I am not entertained.

I am interested if those who want him to stay ARE entertained,ARE enjoying the football.

Their replies may or may not lead me to ask other questions but that, if you don't mind, is the question I am asking now !!

• Like 3

I dont understand how any one can still support him. In the modern day age of football.. managers have been sacked for a lot less at smaller clubs with smaller budgets.

Not saying that lambert is the man, but yes managers do get sacked for a lot less at smaller clubs...but that's just the point, chopping and changing and lack of any stability is half the reason for the small club status.  Just a point to note, not saying that Lambert is our long term future though...

Clearly Terrytini doesn't find it obvious, or he would not have asked the question.

I don't find the football entertaining to watch right now. I wouldn't mind it so much if we were getting results from it. It's one thing to play poorly but grind out a win or a draw. It's another thing entirely to play poorly and get beaten time and time again. If we're going to lose anyway, I'd rather we at least tried to attack.

Not saying that lambert is the man, but yes managers do get sacked for a lot less at smaller clubs...but that's just the point, chopping and changing and lack of any stability is half the reason for the small club status.  Just a point to note, not saying that Lambert is our long term future though...

i agree.. and thats why i think alot of us tried to give him as much time.. Mcleish copped the abuse very early on.. we have had almost 3 years of this poor form/poor football. I just dont think hes the one to take us forward anymore. I would like to see a foreign coach as i am a bit over the british managers style of play. 

All this debate is pointless unless Lerner sells up. If Lambert keeps us up again he has fulfilled his one and only target for our owner, no matter what our new chief exec says.

The club is not going to be proactive in getting a talented coach in such as a Eddie Howe or a Mark Warburton, as we are in total inertia, and will be so until we are sold.

Edited by The Fun Factory

The crowds are one indicator as to whether the fans are enjoying the product on offer and based on them declining the answer has to be no on the whole.

5 goals in 11 games - the lowest scorers in the premier league and football league.

Lambert out.

Yes. When 30000 plus are voting, rather than a few on forums, it is a much better indicator of satisfaction or otherwise.

Nobody enjoys the football at the moment.

The tone Mantis used might not be the best, but he's right. Of course nobody is enjoying the football (on the most part) we're playing at the moment. People who want Lambert to stay aren't forming their opinion based on the entertainment value of our current football.

• Like 2

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result!

That's where we are with Lambert, he's had more than enough time to improve us and nothing changes.

There are the few who think they are important because they know someone close to the manager and fair enough if they need that bit of adoration from other posters to make them feel like the big men. They believe the excuses and hype more fool them!

None of the so called restraints were a surprise or shock to Lambert and he came in with his eyes wide open and he thought he could succeed. He couldn't do whatever he thought he could do and now he needs to look at the situation and concede defeat before it's too late. The owner is just deluded and he hasn't the backbone to make tough decisions so we can't rely on him. I just hope Keane tells Lambert look it's time to go son, let someone else have a chance.

Nobody enjoys the football at the moment.

The tone Mantis used might not be the best, but he's right. Of course nobody is enjoying the football (on the most part) we're playing at the moment. People who want Lambert to stay aren't forming their opinion based on the entertainment value of our current football.

What is it then? His baby blue eyes? His Hairy Hands? His sunny disposition?

His football is dire! I think we have a decent squad but it's like his sucked the life blood out of them!

The next two games are a worry with Southampton's cofidence sky high and Burnley will give their all every game which could be too much for us? Why are we never confident? Why don't we give our all every game? One reason, Lambert!

At the end of the day, if there are people who still believe in the manager, or want to give him till January - I am fine with that. Just because I feel Lambert cannot take us any further, or improve on what he has done, it doesn't mean what I am saying is more important than (for exame) Richard, Mantis or others. I just see things differently. I'm dying for us to turn a corner, I hate failing, I hate losing. I want Richard to be right!

Â