Paul Lambert

limpid

In reality the only reason he is still here is because of Lerner. In a different situation he would have been gone last season, if not definately after the last 7 results. There's no other owner in the premier league regardless of our bleak transfer funds, that would have kept Lambert here based on results. I dont think even the Lambert supporters can argue with that!!

I understand why they gave Lambert a new contract. With a club up for sale, a bit of stability is no bad thing in general, but needs to be the right stability and keeping PL is not the right stability.

The reason he got a new contract is because he achieved his remit from the owner.

This much is obvious.

Which because Lerner has not been able to sell the club is all the ownee now aims for. Edited by DCJonah

The reason he got a new contract is because he achieved his remit from the owner.

This much is obvious.

As I've probably already said I think if Lerner wasn't selling the club then he would have got rid.

As for achieving his remit did Mcleish not achieve exactly the same thing? And we know what happened to him.

• Like 1

This much is obvious.

Which because Lerner has not been able to sell the club is all the ownee now aims for.

I think he has been aiming for that way before Lambert showed up and you know it.

• Like 1

This much is obvious.

Which because Lerner has not been able to sell the club is all the ownee now aims for.

I think he has been aiming for that way before Lambert showed up and you know it.

Staying up is the limit of the ambition now and it should be more.

Ashley gets grief for his ambition being 8th-10th....

This much is obvious.

I think its got worse these last couple of years.

while the fans keep paying....the manager keeps staying.

There is c 10/12k that have walked...The rest are compliant by virtue of their attendance and lack of a concerted protest....so this is what you have bought in to ( not intentionally)and this is what you will get.

its not a criticism, just an observation.

Just because people turn up to support their team and don't protest outside VP doesn't mean they want Lambert to stay.

Many turn up to VP to support the club/team and don't want to do anything that distracts from that, doesn't mean they don't want the manager out.

During McLeish's tenure, many fans wanted him out from the start, in fact a majority did, but only a small minority protested. You just don't see large scale protest at villa.

That was exactly my point.

This much is obvious.

As I've probably already said I think if Lerner wasn't selling the club then he would have got rid.

As for achieving his remit did Mcleish not achieve exactly the same thing? And we know what happened to him .

The major difference is on the terraces 38/40k people were chanting against McLeish. At the moment its a tenth of that figure chanting against lambert.

• Like 1

This much is obvious.

As for achieving his remit did Mcleish not achieve exactly the same thing? And we know what happened to him .

The major difference was the Bolton game.

This much is obvious.

As for achieving his remit did Mcleish not achieve exactly the same thing? And we know what happened to him.

thats why its only the fans that are keeping Lambert in a job.....The fans wanted McLeish out no one else.

• Like 1

I have read a lot on here recently without feeling the need to involve myself. Then I saw a comment that suggested if the majority of fans at Villa were unhappy they would protest as we did last season. I've been going down the villa since my old man took me down in the late seventies, travelled europe, season ticket for twenty years give or take, introduced my kids to the club, spent fortunes, etc.

I as many others, have half given up going down this season and giving a crap. I have many mates that are in excactly the same boat as me, and the reason for this.. The Villa over the last few seasons have, as a whole become defeatest.The attitude of the club at boardroom and the team has filtered onto the terraces. The atmosphere and in general the passion from the fans to urge this team of ours on to become winners. It's non existant the majority of time. Even the holte is a tiny shadow of it's former glory when it comes to being vocal. Too many fans have accepted it's ok to be a club of losers from top to bottom. Others like myself protest by staying away. It's either that or become very angry at the negativity which comes from watching Lamberts attempts to get villa playing decent football or indeed watch it filter onto the terraces. It's depressing!

Nearly all of us have no hidden agenda except to see Villa become great again so I do not understand why people suggest otherwise. The bottom line is, for most that Lambert has had more than enough time to at the very least got the players at his disposal organised. Get the team playing with some sort of cohesion, passion and the balls to have a go at teams in an attempt to win matches. This is not the case though under Lambert who I feel has gone as far at villa as he can.

I would've loved lambert to succeed as any manager that comes to my club(bar McGinge). But I'm against people in my club that lose and then cry, complain and blame everything from money, injuries, the fixture list or whatever excuse they can muster in defence of their own failure. I'm against the fools running Aston Villa including Lerner and those that excuse them with excuses. Just because I stay away though doesn't mean I'm not protesting.

Never really quote/comment on here but daily reader. Wanted to say this is the best post I've read on here for a long time.
  • Like 2

Â