Paul Lambert

limpid

Seven  games, no wins and one goal.

Five goals all season going into the November international break, is that the lowest ever?

It's a **** disgrace, Lambert out.

If anything's a disgrace it's a Premier League side spending less than ten million pounds in the transfer window after finishing 15th. But it's RL's club and he can do what he wants with it.

A good point today, but he still has to go.

If a proportion of our fans still want to watch Lambert's brand of "football" that's up to them.

Me? I'll give it a miss.

I don't think anybody really *wants* to watch that Rob and people are staying away in their droves. I will also add that you are one of the many who enjoy laughing at the shit down the road for struggling to gather up two men and a dog (which is which?) every other week.

We need some people to turn up, I think the crowds are sufficiently low enough for the message to be heard.

I'm not one of those calling for his head, but I'm getting frustrated at how blunt we are. I hope he doesn't really think we were that excellent as he intimated after the game because it's so difficult to watch us give the ball away so cheaply and unnecessarily when we should be taking the game to the opposition and pegging them back. always being on the back foot is beginning to grate.

• Like 1

I like Lambert, he seems a nice guy. I really want him to succeed.

But, clearly, after two and a half years, nothing has moved forward.

He has spent money and on the whole the team/squad has not improved.

Yes he's had successes with Benteke and Vlaar, but far too many misses, most of whom are out on loan this season.

We are in as bad a position as when he took over, the football is as bad, and the most worrying thing for me is with have no ethos or philosophy in our football except for sit back and hope for the best. At least when we were signing young, lower league players, it seemed as those he had a plan, now it seems as though the years here have aged him and made him weary and he had no idea.

• Like 2

I'm not one of those calling for his head, but I'm getting frustrated at how blunt we are. I hope he doesn't really think we were that excellent as he intimated after the game because it's so difficult to watch us give the ball away so cheaply and unnecessarily when we should be taking the game to the opposition and pegging them back. always being on the back foot is beginning to grate.

I'm not sure how you can still not feel the need for his head...we've made no progress in 3 years. We are awful to watch, we can score and we have no midfield and we haven't had a midfield for 3 years...

Another game without a goal, another performance where we deserved to lose. 1 point and 1 goal from 7 premier league games.

Lerner/Fox should be ashamed of themselves for their lack of action to get rid of the clueless Lambert.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

The spending has been disappointing.

The injuries have been disappointing.

The performances from the uninjured bargain basement players we have have been disappointing (although surprisingly good for the money paid).

And surprise, surprise, the results have been disappointing.

Why is it the only thing most people can think of to fix this is to sack the man whose shoestring budget transfer dealings have been the one bit of good news over three years?

I assume it's because they put far, far too much value on a manager's ability to polish a turd using things called tactics and coaching - things 90% of people know absolutely nothing about.

• Like 3

I think we've had many difficult circumstances, and when one problem seems to be solved another rears its head. I think it's an unbelievably hard job and I doubt many other (realistic) managers could do much better. But, there just seems to be a lack of confidence to attack teams in the players that really needs to be sorted out.

• Like 2

The performances from the uninjured bargain basement players we have have been disappointing (although surprisingly good for the money paid).

Why is it the only thing most people can think of to fix this is to sack the man whose shoestring budget transfer dealings have been the one bit of good news over three years?

I assume it's because they put far, far too much value on a manager's ability to polish a turd using things called tactics and coaching - things 90% of people know absolutely nothing about.

The problem is we have a turd doing the polishing.

Just back from today. We actually played pretty well for the first 25mins of second half...

Okay Westham pummelled us for the remainder, but we did create chances. If we had a decent goal scorer on we would have won. Obvs that still assuming WestHam still missed all their chances. But we had chances, thats all im saying!

• Like 2

You're basing this on what? His bad tactics and coaching? Or on the results? If it's the results, please tell me what you disagree with about what I wrote, without saying "yes, but tactics and coaching".

But we still couldn't beat Bradford in 2 legs and got knocked out by a not in form Orient side. Ohh, but they have multi million pound players??????????

Players always have up and down games but quality tells.

When you are paying half the wages of the average premier league players wage packet (3m a year) it is difficult to even expect average quality.

When you are picking up 6 players for 6m when a Tom Cleverly costs you 8m it is also difficult to expect average quality.

You then look to the books and break open the FFP rule book to see how it fits and you see that with our three year losses we cant go out and spend many tens of millions on players because of the 3 year loss.

In short we are going to have to stick this out a bit longer and generate some more money as a club.

Can a new manager to better? Yes of course one could but I would be hard pressed to tell you who would come to the club to work with the same constraints and be guaranteed to do better. Could a new owner do better? Yes again of course but fans need to realise that FFP aint going away and whoever is the owner they need to adhere to it.

• Like 1

But we still couldn't beat Bradford in 2 legs and got knocked out by a not in form Orient side. Ohh, but they have multi million pound players??????????

Fair criticism. In Lambert's defence, all I can say is that "the magic of the cup" is at its strongest when a lower league side gets a scent of blood. A well-motivated side can very often win against a better team, as Aston Villa under Lambert have themselves shown against Liverpool (twice), Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc. The tricky bit is to do it consistently, because it's very hard for every player to be super-motivated for a whole season. Better-funded clubs can afford genuine competition for every starting place, which helps a lot.

You're basing this on what? His bad tactics and coaching? Or on the results? If it's the results, please tell me what you disagree with about what I wrote, without saying "yes, but tactics and coaching".

You are saying that no other available manager could get a rhythm from this group of players? As for tactics - which ones are those? sit back and try to nick a game? As for coaching - what coaching? the coaching that led to his two trusted lieutenants sacked for bullying? He should have a blueprint/a plan, and clearly does not, besides the aforementioned 'cross fingers and hope for the best'.

Yes, he's been at a club when spending has been restricted, but doesn't mean he gets a free pass.

Players always have up and down games but quality tells.

When you are paying half the wages of the average premier league players wage packet (3m a year) it is difficult to even expect average quality.

When you are picking up 6 players for 6m when a Tom Cleverly costs you 8m it is also difficult to expect average quality.

You then look to the books and break open the FFP rule book to see how it fits and you see that with our three year losses we cant go out and spend many tens of millions on players because of the 3 year loss.

In short we are going to have to stick this out a bit longer and generate some more money as a club.

Can a new manager to better? Yes of course one could but I would be hard pressed to tell you who would come to the club to work with the same constraints and be guaranteed to do better. Could a new owner do better? Yes again of course but fans need to realise that FFP aint going away and whoever is the owner they need to adhere to it.

I think someone else could get more from these players. He has a squad of players, that he has put together, that he doesn't use. If all players are fit he plays the same XI week in, week out regardless of opposition or form. This for me, alongside his lack of a tactical plan, is a major failing.

• Like 1

If the coaching isn't right then Lambert is to blame - they're his people.

The tactics, or lack of them, again simply aren't good enough. There's no variation in our play which makes us predictable hence why we're the lowest scorers in the league.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Â