Paul Lambert

limpid

Some posters just reappear after months of exile when we lose.....

I think you will find the 'months of exile' are actually called the 'closed season' and some of us have better things to do with our lives than read pages and pages of irrelevant garbage about takeovers and players that would never join us.

Now the season has started again we can actually comment on something that is actually happening.

• Like 1

I think you will find the 'months of exile' are actually called the 'closed season' and some of us have better things to do with our lives than read pages and pages of irrelevant garbage about takeovers and players that would never join us.

Now the season has started again we can actually comment on something that is actually happening.

Translation:  When there's a chance of optimism in pre-season or excitement about links with players, some people have "better things to do".  When a defeat happens, however, the only thing they have to do is populate Villa Talk and mouth (type?) off.

It's good, I like it.

• Like 1

Hopefully this result will make us return to the transfer market for more attacking and finishing quality. 

You should hope so. Without Benteke or to a lesser extent Kozak we look totally harmless. Gabby, Weimann and Bent won't get more than 10 goals between them this season.

Incredible how some posters are still backing Lambert. Against Newcastle we had 0 shots on target, I don't think we had many against Stoke either. Having Benteke back isn't going to magically change that.

Lambert is tactically useless. Only playing around counter attack, which is a verypredictable tactic isn't getting us anywhere. I can easily see us being in another Relegation fight this year. A bad result against Hull and we are in big, big trouble. 

Incredible how some posters are still backing Lambert. Against Newcastle we had 0 shots on target, I don't think we had many against Stoke either. Having Benteke back isn't going to magically change that.

Lambert is tactically useless. Only playing around counter attack, which is a verypredictable tactic isn't getting us anywhere. I can easily see us being in another Relegation fight this year. A bad result against Hull and we are in big, big trouble. 

What happens if we get a result against Hull then?

• Like 1

Translation: When there's a chance of optimism in pre-season or excitement about links with players, some people have "better things to do". When a defeat happens, however, the only thing they have to do is populate Villa Talk and mouth (type?) off.

It's good, I like it.

Translstion: When VT is full of nothing but speculation and the slagging off of TBAR I certainly have better things to do. When something really happens (not the fairytale world others live in) I will say something.

I think you will find I am not alone in wanting Lambert out and for very good reasons.

Then a lot of people get confused and frustrated as they don't know where to direct their negativity...........this thread certainly won't be very active if we were to win, unlike when we lose...!

• Like 2

We will be in small, small happy place.

• Like 2

Loving these posts as if we are all knee jerking from this one game.

Not as if we have been diabolically shit at home for the majority of the lamberts tenure or anything, keep peddling your agenda.

But where were these posts between 16th and 26th ?...I can see almost none.

So it IS a reaction to the game.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me personally I don't think it's either helpful or particularly intelligent to post negative things about the manager after games where we pick up points. A lot of people are hurting after an embarrassing defeat and you can't blame them for that, but you can't honestly be sitting there and thinking that people are basing their opinions concerning sacking Lambert purely from this latest game.

I wasn't impressed with the way we played during the Stoke win or the draw against Newcastle. Neither games were good enough to make me change my mind, but I'm not going to come on here and bore everyone and ruin the good vibes after picking up some points.

I've wanted him gone for a while. I don't hate the guy, I'm not going to spit vitriol and it's definitely not all his doing, but he just is not a good coach and there are others who could do better. We might not improve all that much and there are other problems at the club but they don't look like they're going to be fixed in the short term. Getting a better coach in who could get us more possession and playing more creative football is something that could have more of an immediate impact.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 4

Without shots on target? Good luck with that. Our home record is also terrible. I'm expecting another defeat

Get yourself down Villa Park for Lambert's attacking football.

0 goals against Newcastle.

0 goals against Orient.

Excitement galore from the boy wonder working on our tactics all week.

Probably should've gone gung ho against both Stoke and Newcastle with our (arguably) best two strikers out injured long term.  Probably would've been 6 points rather than 4 and would've hammered Leyton Orient with our top notch back up strike force.  Probably not wise to play to our defensive strengths at the moment.

Probably.

Personally, I understand how people feel tonight. These results are not good enough, simply not good enough - full stop. The problem is, Lerner won't sack the manager, won't give money to a new manager and certainly won't pay people off. We are stuck with an uncaring chairman and the rot has set in over the past two years.

• Like 4

0 goals against Orient.

Even more worryingly:

0 shots on target against Newcastle

1 shot at target against Leyton Orient

You simply cannot defend Lambert with these stats

• Like 1

Loving these posts as if we are all knee jerking from this one game.

Not as if we have been diabolically shit at home for the majority of the lamberts tenure or anything, keep peddling your agenda.

But where were these posts between 16th and 26th ?...I can see almost none.

So it IS a reaction to the game.

I can't speak for everyone else, but for me personally I don't think it's either helpful or particularly intelligent to post negative things about the manager after games where we pick up points. A lot of people are hurting after an embarrassing defeat and you can't blame them for that, but you can't honestly be sitting there and thinking that people are basing their opinions concerning sacking Lambert purely from this latest game.

I wasn't impressed with the way we played during the Stoke win or the draw against Newcastle. Neither games were good enough to make me change my mind, but I'm not going to come on here and bore everyone and ruin the good vibes after picking up some points.

I've wanted him gone for a while. I don't hate the guy, I'm not going to spit vitriol and it's definitely not all his doing, but he just is not a good coach and there are others who could do better. We might not improve all that much and there are other problems at the club but they don't look like they're going to be fixed in the short term. Getting a better coach in who could get us more possession and playing more creative football is something that could have more of an immediate impact.

It's a good post and I can totally understand where you are coming from but Lambert is left having to play crap like Gabby and Bent as strikers and imo people need to consider the overall situation of the club and look at what the manager has had to put up with.  Since he has taken over we have being getting run like a championship team and he has had to work with and try and sign average players in the main.  I have some problems with his management style also but I still think he has done a decent job with everything considered and we look a stronger squad by a long way this season.

We need additions upfront but it wouldn't surprise me if Lerner doesn't put up the money.  All us fans can see what is needed for the team to improve and I'm sure Lambert can also but if the owner doesn't make it happen then the manager is being hampered and can't be expected to take all the blame when things go wrong!!

0 goals against Orient.

Even more worryingly:

So even if we do blame Lambert, what do we do about the incompetent players missing chances?

• Like 1

0 goals against Orient.

Even more worryingly:

So even if we do blame Lambert, what do we do about the incompetent players missing chances?

It's Lambert who is picking the team, formation, tactics etc. He has to take the most blame

Â