Paul Lambert

limpid

Another wonderful result against lower league opposition. How many more years of this do we have to endure before people admit that Lambert has to go.

He won't get a new contract. This is his last season IMO.

I'd take Roy Keane right now because at least he has a bit of fight about him but I reckon that is on the cards anyway, Lambert will be given the chop following the 6+ game losing streak coming up after the Hull game.

After 2 years and 5 transfer windows, we're still so utterly incapable of playing against a team that won't come at us and let us counter attack that we consistently lose to lower league opposition. Once or twice is unfortunate. 4 losses to lower league opposition is a habit. 

We see it all of the time  in the league against clubs that won't commit to attacking at Villa Park; we're absolute toothless unless we can hit people on the break, but it's really hammered home when we play teams like this. It just shows a complete lack of a plan b. And in the third season under him, it's absolutely unacceptable.

Just what have they been doing in training for 2 years?

Edited by Davkaus

Another wonderful result against lower league opposition. How many more years of this do we have to endure before people admit that Lambert has to go.

Is it Lambert's fault that Baker and Bent missed easy chances?
Guess lamberts just unlucky we lost to bradford last year aswell isnt he?

What are you talking about? I'm talking specifically about  tonight. Nobody is going to dispute that our record is appalling, it is, but tonight it was not his fault. It was the players who couldn't be arsed to step up and stake a claim for that first team spot.

Missed chances are part and parcel of the gsme ffs.

Did Orient have one chance on goal and take it? I doubt it.

There is one common factor in our derisory home record and its gone on long enough to dispel the unlucky rumours.

No, but playing like an away team when you're playing at home for three seasons on the trot, terrible possession and chances created and shots on goal/target stats - while not being exclusive to him - are definitely a Lambert hallmark.

Think back to the games we've won under Lambert and try and remember if we ran riot with possession and chances. I can only think of the Sunderland thrashing and that's it. It can't be a coincidence that even when we win a game we're very rarely the better team, or it's at least a very close game. We didn't even play that well against Stoke really, and by all rights Weimann should have lost that ball leading up to his goal due to his awful first touch, or at least the keeper should have kept it out with a stronger hand. If that hadn't gone in then we'd be moaning for a lack of chances and turgid, shit football.

He's a bad coach with bad tactics.

• Like 1

No, but playing like an away team when you're playing at home for three seasons on the trot, terrible possession and chances created and shots on goal/target stats - while not being exclusive to him - are definitely a Lambert hallmark.

Think back to the games we've won under Lambert and try and remember if we ran riot with possession and chances. I can only think of the Sunderland thrashing and that's it. It can't be a coincidence that even when we win a game we're very rarely the better team, or it's at least a very close game. We didn't even play that well against Stoke really, and by all rights Weimann should have lost that ball leading up to his goal due to his awful first touch, or at least the keeper should have kept it out with a stronger hand. If that hadn't gone in then we'd be moaning for a lack of chances and turgid, shit football.

He's a bad coach with bad tactics.

He doesn't have tactics, thats the problem.

That's not fair, he has 1 tactic, hold back, let them keep the ball, and hope to hit them on the break. It works...ok.

And if they keep hold of the ball well, keep men back and don't over-commit, well, we'll use that tactic anyway, because coming up with a second one is pretty **** difficult apparently.

Lambert is the manager and now entering his 3rd season. If he can't manage to get his team to beat the likes of Bradford, Sheffield United, Millwall and Leyton Orient over his tenure then he is clearly not good enough. For those who claim he has had a lack of funds and been restricted by Lerner I suggest they take a look at the money splashed out by the four teams I have just mentioned.

We beat Man City and Liverpool, what are their budgets?

• Like 1

Â