Paul Lambert

limpid

Begineers luck?? 

If it was purely down to begineer's (begging engineers presumably) luck then why do you want an old goat like Pulis? If a manager you consider not fit to clean his boots was able to match his best league finish with a fraction of the time and a tiny fraction of the spending only for this reason then surely you'd be in favour of picking a randomer out the crowd to manage us to best capture some pure, extra virgin begineer's luck?

Maybe Lambert's 7th season in management after back to back promotions wasn't entirely beginner's luck.

• Like 1

Begineers luck?? 

If it was purely down to begineer's (begging engineers presumably) luck then why do you want an old goat like Pulis? If a manager you consider not fit to clean his boots was able to match his best league finish with a fraction of the time and a tiny fraction of the spending only for this reason then surely you'd be in favour of picking a randomer out the crowd to manage us to best capture some pure, extra virgin begineer's luck?

Maybe Lambert's 7th season in management after back to back promotions wasn't entirely beginner's luck.

I actually think that Lambert is a good manager for a Championship or League 1 side just not us! As I said he is a Megson or McLeish type who can get a team up but struggles over a season in the Prem.

When pressed, Lambert's supporters always fall back on his record at Norwich.

Yeah, what a bunch of bastards using his managerial record as evidence of his managerial ability!

The only reason it was brought up was to point out that while he isn't eligible to clean Pulis' boots, he has in fact matched his best result with a fraction of his budget.

• Like 3

Yeah, what a bunch of bastards using his managerial record as evidence of his managerial ability!

The only reason it was brought up was to point out that while he isn't eligible to clean Pulis' boots, he has in fact matched his best result with a fraction of his budget.

He did it once with another club, hardly Mr Consistant is he?

Begineers luck?? 

I actually think that Lambert is a good manager for a Championship or League 1 side just not us! As I said he is a Megson or McLeish type who can get a team up but struggles over a season in the Prem.

He has kept 2 teams up for three seasons running on a shoestring, so thtat is nonsense.

In my opinion Lambert isn't worthy of cleaning Pulis boots. Lambert as a manager is about equal with Gary Megson or McLeish!

Well you are entitled to your opinion but not to having it taken seriously and I don't to be frank I think the above is just a bit daft.

• Like 1

Absolutely laughable comments. 

The only managers who have been given fair backing by Lerner have been MON and Houllier. 

Since then we've had managers who have had to suffer one heck of a shambolic situation behind the scenes and grind out results.

I'm not saying Lambert is any sort of managerial God-send but my goodness me it's been difficult for him. There's very few managers we could have realistically taken at the time who could've done better in my opinion. Martinez possibly, but I can't think of anyone else. 

• Like 4

Let him go back to Norwich, then, he's been hopeless at Villa and that is really all that concerns me.

Who would we be able to attract that could do a better job right now?

This seems to be the question that nobody can answer.

• Like 1

The question is irrelevant as he's clearly not going anywhere right now. People are entitled to vent of course, I just think that to save the heartache and the incredible stress there causing themselves that they're better served waiting it out.

• Like 1

I hope for all our sakes but particularly Lamberts that we get off to a half decent start. The away support was very much on his back during the last half dozen games of last season and the home support had started to turn. Whether it be a majority or a very vocal minority it still makes for a poisonous atmosphere and that really doesn't help the situation as much as I fully understand people venting their frustrations.

Given our terrible form in the second half of last season I am under little illusions that if we start poorly fans will be quickly on his back both at VP and away from home.

With the form over the second half of last season still fresh in the memory and the run of games we have in September it is therefore crucial we take 4 – 7 points from Stoke, Newcastle and Hull and start to quickly gather some positive momentum. 

Edited by markavfc40

Let him go back to Norwich, then, he's been hopeless at Villa and that is really all that concerns me.

There was a whole thread over the summer about who people wanted. Some of those would be available still.

In my opinion Lambert isn't worthy of cleaning Pulis boots. Lambert as a manager is about equal with Gary Megson or McLeish!

Well you are entitled to your opinion but not to having it taken seriously and I don't to be frank I think the above is just a bit daft.

I don't think there's much difference between him and Mcleish.  Lambert does have the chance to get better though whereas I think Mcleish is pretty much done as a premier league manager.

There was a whole thread over the summer about who people wanted. Some of those would be available still.

Such as? Would they be realistic? Could they really do a better job than Lambert?

Such as? Would they be realistic? Could they really do a better job than Lambert?

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/11174-who-realistically-should-be-the-next-villa-manager/

Take a look..

Some are realistic, some aren't. As for availability, who knows as we don't work in the industry. The premier league is still a big pull for many managers.

As for doing a better job than Lambert, obviously it is all subjective but I would think many could do a better job.

I don't think many managers will be able to prove they can work in these circumstances as they're quite unusual ones.

I believe a lot of managers would do a similar job to paul lambert, i don't think he's done anything special here.

I don't think many managers will be able to prove they can work in these circumstances as they're quite unusual ones.

I believe a lot of managers would do a similar job to paul lambert, i don't think he's done anything special here.

Can you point me to anyone who has said he's done a special job?

Maybe special is the wrong word but there are people who think he has done a good job keeping us up.  What i mean is that i don't think keeping us up was anything special and i think quite a lot of managers would have probably performed similar.

• Like 1

Â