Paul Lambert

limpid

If we're going to talk about facts, where on earth have you got a spend of £10m from?  I thought we'd long since agreed that we'd spent roughly £20m each year he's been here.  Whether that's enough is a contentious matter, but at least get the figure right.

I believe I have, we will have to await the next set of accounts to be know though.

No we don't I'm afraid, the spend was confirmed in the last set of accounts' PBSE note.  £18.9m on top of the £21.7m from the year before.  Note 27 if you'd care to check.

###Genuine un-loaded question alert###

How can the summer 2013 spend be in the 2013 accounts? Isn't our year end May 31st

The 2012 figures were y/e 31st May

Has this changed?

Companies have to include a note "Events after the balance sheet date" which is anything of major importance that happens after the balance sheet date ie 31 May 2013, and the date the accounts are signed ie Feb 2014.  This takes in both the summer 2013 and January 2014 transfer windows, and the note confirms that £18.9m was spent.  This figure will appear in the 31 May 2014 accounts as additions to the squad, and the May 2014 accounts will then confirm this summer's spend when they're relased next Feb, and so on.

• Like 2

If we're going to talk about facts, where on earth have you got a spend of £10m from? I thought we'd long since agreed that we'd spent roughly £20m each year he's been here. Whether that's enough is a contentious matter, but at least get the figure right.

I believe I have, we will have to await the next set of accounts to be know though.

No we don't I'm afraid, the spend was confirmed in the last set of accounts' PBSE note. £18.9m on top of the £21.7m from the year before. Note 27 if you'd care to check.

Is that £18.9m a net spend?

No, we got £600K from sales, so £18.3m is the net.......

If we're going to talk about facts, where on earth have you got a spend of £10m from?  I thought we'd long since agreed that we'd spent roughly £20m each year he's been here.  Whether that's enough is a contentious matter, but at least get the figure right.

No we don't I'm afraid, the spend was confirmed in the last set of accounts' PBSE note.  £18.9m on top of the £21.7m from the year before.  Note 27 if you'd care to check.

###Genuine un-loaded question alert###

How can the summer 2013 spend be in the 2013 accounts? Isn't our year end May 31st

The 2012 figures were y/e 31st May

Has this changed?

Companies have to include a note "Events after the balance sheet date" which is anything of major importance that happens after the balance sheet date ie 31 May 2013, and the date the accounts are signed ie Feb 2014.  This takes in both the summer 2013 and January 2014 transfer windows, and the note confirms that £18.9m was spent.  This figure will appear in the 31 May 2014 accounts as additions to the squad, and the May 2014 accounts will then confirm this summer's spend when they're relased next Feb, and so on.

Thanks for this Risso

Can I add to the "worst home form ever" debate for last season as it's rubbish.

We were up by a point on the season before with six wins to five the year before. 21 points this year and 20 points the year before. Additionally, in Mcleish's season we got 19 poins ar home with just four wins.

Edited by praisedmambo

Interesting so more than £10m was spent.  PL telling lies again?

Did Lambert himself state that figure? I thought it was just his propagandist - Hairyhands - who came up with that one?

While we're reminding people of home form and enjoying the 2 points more than mcleish let's not forget we lost more home games than any other season in the entire history of the football club.

We still had our best season at home for three years and were using most likely the youngest villa team in our history ever.

also you make out like we smashed that record...we lost one more game than the year before, but we won one more too. We're a budget team full of youngsters, these things are going to happen.

Not making out like we smashed it, just that we set a new club record in games lost. And yes we only lost 1 more than the year before in which Lambert was also in charge.

Think him leaving for Celtic is just wishful thinking/clutching.

He is in this situation too deep. He will leave if and when the new owners decide. It's just a waiting game til then and I hope the season ticket masses don't get too frustrated by it.

Celtic would be a good fit for him IMO. He gets the chance to rebuild his reputation and we get a fresh start, win win situation all round.

If he goes who the hell is going to replace him the way things are now.

In our final 10 games we got 7 points. I really think having Given as manager would see us do no worse than that.

On the other hand, is there any point in him 

Celtic would be a good fit for him IMO. He gets the chance to rebuild his reputation and we get a fresh start, win win situation all round.

If he goes who the hell is going to replace him the way things are now.

That one.

Is there really so much premium in keeping him, though, if he has virtually no money to spend and has to release the players Lerner tells him to and bring the bomb squad back into the first team at Lerner's request. I could do all that for half the money Lambo is getting paid.

Edited by briny_ear

While we're reminding people of home form and enjoying the 2 points more than mcleish let's not forget we lost more home games than any other season in the entire history of the football club.

So? It's better than the 2 previous seasons at home at least.

• Like 1

Â