Paul Lambert

limpid

If he goes then whilst I won't be shedding any tears, there will be an element of regret. I still think he's the man for the job in the long term.

One thing is for sure, if he does go, he will leave behind a far better squad for the next incumbent than the previous four managers did.

It's a results games and lambert's haven't been good enough, simple as that. I just think there is a lot more to it than that.

He is leaving one outstanding individual. A far better squad? Not really.
I disagree. He is the one manager who at least tried to build a squad that could improve and grow. A squad built around youth and energy, not overpaid journey men or players on the edge of decline. The previous mangers bought for the moment regardless of future potential and value and many of them were acts of desperation.

If he goes then he leaves a spine of; Guzan, OKore, Vlaar, Delph, Westwood and Benteke. You put good good players alongside those 6 and we've got a good side.

Bacuna has clear potential, Lowton could yet still come good, as could the likes of Tonev, Helenius and Kozak.

He's built a nucleus that can be added to, not something that needs dismantling.

If that were true we wouldn't be in such a mess. He's signed a lot of players who are either not good enough or barely good enough to play at this level. Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

If he goes then whilst I won't be shedding any tears, there will be an element of regret. I still think he's the man for the job in the long term.

One thing is for sure, if he does go, he will leave behind a far better squad for the next incumbent than the previous four managers did.

It's a results games and lambert's haven't been good enough, simple as that. I just think there is a lot more to it than that.

I disagree. He is the one manager who at least tried to build a squad that could improve and grow. A squad built around youth and energy, not overpaid journey men or players on the edge of decline. The previous mangers bought for the moment regardless of future potential and value and many of them were acts of desperation.

If he goes then he leaves a spine of; Guzan, OKore, Vlaar, Delph, Westwood and Benteke. You put good good players alongside those 6 and we've got a good side.

Bacuna has clear potential, Lowton could yet still come good, as could the likes of Tonev, Helenius and Kozak.

He's built a nucleus that can be added to, not something that needs dismantling.

I see where you're coming from and when you put it like that I guess you are right. I do think Westwood is a squad player really though and we haven't really seen enough of Okore to know how good he is.

I don't think the squad is in a 'mess' though BJ10.

My point is if he goes the new manger will walk in to a young squad, with a lot of potential to improve. Not an ageing squad of overpaid players.

I'm not saying its a great squad or he's got good results with it, I'm just saying if he leaves, he leaves one that's in a better state than the previous bunch.

If Lerner stays and sacks Lambert it'll be the biggest act of cowardice I've ever seen from a chairman. I can understand the need for a clean slate if we're taken over, but in all honesty Lambert has done pretty well to keep the club up with that squad. Yes he's built it, but £40m on about 15 players on Championship wages is peanuts. 

If he goes he's been a victim of circumstance more than anything else. If he stays I'll be right behind him again next season, though concerned that it probably means Lerner is still around.

I totally disagree with all that, but can't be bothered to say why, in any great detail.

I have no inclination for defending Lerner, but providing funds is one he does deserve to be defended on....not for this manager granted,but for the others he has been shit on.

Appointing poor managers is a different argument......feel free to maul him.

He has invested money, but the coffers have been very tightly controlled ever since the Bent transfer. You completely miss the point to defend Lerner by pointing out how much MON got to spend, when most of the players are no longer here - how does that help Lambert?

Listen it isn't all about helping this manager and denying that one, it's money.

Imagine it was yours,

Would you keep funding managers with transfers funds until they managed to get it right?....it's not a bottomless pit.

10millions pounds is an enormous amount of money in life.....we have bought a few in access of that who have not delivered unless you are one of the worlds richest men it's not sustainable.

Where I have an element of sympathy for Lerner is he has far worse return on his funds than HDE did on his and up to O'Neill leaving I think randy was far more popular than HDE.

Without any doubt for me,Randy has reached the point where he needs to go for his own benefit and if I was his pal I would be telling him that.

His biggest cock up was appointing managers who have not delivered.

My point is if he goes the new manger will walk in to a young squad, with a lot of potential to improve. Not an ageing squad of overpaid players.

I'm not saying its a great squad or he's got good results with it, I'm just saying if he leaves, he leaves one that's in a better state than the previous bunch.

It's not so financially burdensome, but the quality is pretty poor for the most part. I don't hold Lambert chiefly responsible for that. If you're shopping for bargains and half of them turn out OK that's a reasonable return IMO, actually I think he's done better than that, but there are huge weaknesses, especially in midfield and centre back.

The wages are lower but I still think it needs a lot of work. The whole defence is awful, only delph is a good enough midfield player and unless weimman and gabby find form benteke is the only forward we have who I'd be happy starting on a regular basis.

I think the new man has a a lot to do to turn this into a competitive team.

• Like 1

Most of those players you have mentioned have showed nothing to suggest they are capable of achieving anything more than they have.

The players didn't even look as though they were bothered today. For all Lambert's faults I didn't think he had lost the dressing room up to this point, but today I thought otherwise. That, or they knew he is off.

• Like 2

This is one of the worst squads I have ever seen

• Like 1

Lambert missed have worked a miracle keeping this mess in the league then.

He built a squad barely good enough to survive and he barely survived. Where's the miracle?

Because its not in a mess is it. In westwood, you've just dismissed a player that's created as many chances as Gerrard this season.

Okore and vlaar are surely good enough.

You dislike kozak for some reason despite him scoring goals.

This is one of the worst squads I have ever seen

At first I thought the same but then I remember the squad when Lambert took over and I think it's marginally better now. Mainly because of Bentake though.

I think they were a bit tired after wednesday rather than not wanting to play for him. If new owners take over and theres major funds available I'd like to see Lambert given the opportuntity to manage the club with better players at his disposal..... 

• Like 1

Â