Paul Lambert

limpid

He took Norwich up from there, he is just not good enough for the Premier League

In his 3 years in the Premier League he hasn't been relegated. 

He has been having a bloody good go at it for the last 2 seasons though!

• Like 1

I want Lambert to go, but, unlike most of you I think the players are allright.What I think is the problem with the squad is that we have no experience at all ( Lambert got rid of the spine of the team ) I think our lot would be ok with a few old heads to guide them on and off the pitch.

What sodding spine. Honestly people need a reality check if they think he had a decent spine when he walked in.

Exactly. Guzan > Given, Vlaar > Dunne/Collins, Westwood > Ireland(?) and Benteke > Bent.

Lambert's done a lot of things wrong but freezing out the players he did was not one of them.

I want Lambert to go, but, unlike most of you I think the players are allright.What I think is the problem with the squad is that we have no experience at all ( Lambert got rid of the spine of the team ) I think our lot would be ok with a few old heads to guide them on and off the pitch.

What sodding spine. Honestly people need a reality check if they think he had a decent spine when he walked in.

Exactly. Guzan > Given, Vlaar > Dunne/Collins, Westwood > Ireland(?) and Benteke > Bent.

Lambert's done a lot of things wrong but freezing out the players he did was not one of them.

We never had a spine of the team, we had a bunch of overpaid average dross. Look at where some of the players are now, and it will tell you a lot about our supposed spine.

• Like 1

I think we need a change of manager if we get a new owner but I can't see why we are comparing Lambert to McLeish when the squads were hugely different. It would be interesting to see how Lambert would do with a defence including Dunne and Collins, as well as Bent who at the time seemed to care more. Granted the squad wasn't great under McLeish but he really tried his hardest to take us down that season.

Not making huge excuses for Lambert as the football has been dire this season, and we have gone backwards since last season, but McLeish was turd and will always be the worst manager we've had under Lerner's ownership.

Statistically, our worst manager ever, not just under Lerner.

Ever! Is this correct?

Considering that we have been relegated, and have had some awful managers, bad as McLeish was, I find this hard to believe.

Even Lambert has broken quite a few unwanted records in his time here.

Yup, win percentage of just 21%, worse than any other manager in our history. Although, that is only just less than Billy McNeil as he had one game extra in charge.

I think we need a change of manager if we get a new owner but I can't see why we are comparing Lambert to McLeish when the squads were hugely different. It would be interesting to see how Lambert would do with a defence including Dunne and Collins, as well as Bent who at the time seemed to care more. Granted the squad wasn't great under McLeish but he really tried his hardest to take us down that season.

Not making huge excuses for Lambert as the football has been dire this season, and we have gone backwards since last season, but McLeish was turd and will always be the worst manager we've had under Lerner's ownership.

Ever! Is this correct?

Considering that we have been relegated, and have had some awful managers, bad as McLeish was, I find this hard to believe.

I'm not going to bother to check but I'd be very surprised if Billy McNeill &Tommy Cummings had better records 

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

Lamberts a much better manager than McLeish. If McLeish had to cut as deep as Lambert we would have got relegated.

The 4 McLeish signings were the last time we paid at least premier league wages and I think was the last straw for Lerner.

• Like 1

How is Lambert statistically the worst manager? What statistic are we going by here? His win ratio certainly isn't the worst.

Funnily enough though if you are going by win ratio then 4 of the bottom 5 (Lambert isn't in that group by the way) are Scottish. Similarly only 1 of the top 12 are Scottish (although Ramsay is at the very top as far as win ratio is concerned).

Edited by Mantis

How is Lambert statistically the worst manager? What statistic are we going by here? His win ratio certainly isn't the worst.

Funnily enough though if you are going by win ratio then 4 of the bottom 5 (Lambert isn't in that group by the way) are Scottish. Similarly only 1 of the top 12 are Scottish (although Ramsay is at the very top as far as win ratio is concerned).

No-one has said Lambert is?

McLeish season:

16 shim.gif Aston Villa 38 7 17 14 37 53 -16 38

Lamberts first season:

15 shim.gif Aston Villa 38 10 11 17 47 69 -22 41

This season:

14 shim.gif Aston Villa 36 10 8 18 39 54 -15 38

Make of it what you wan't, no doubt one can find "proof" to support whatever point you wan't to make.

The fact is that Lamber needs a good result in the last 2 games to not be worse than last season on points.

Losing the last 2 games would mean we end up on equal points as the McLeish season but on worse goal difference

10 wins and 8 draws equals 38 points!

edit: oops my bad, read it wrong.

Edited by Bunnski

Sorry, for some reason I thought it was Lambert you were talking about.

Yes, I think McLeish is statistically our worst manager ever.

Ever! Is this correct?

Yup, win percentage of just 21%, worse than any other manager in our history. Although, that is only just less than Billy McNeil as he had one game extra in charge.

That's fair enough.

I think, however, that other criteria would probably have to be taken into consideration to decide the worst ever manager.

But not really worth the effort.

I'm happy to go with McLeish.

Could be the need to continually support Lambert has taken its toll!  :D

Could be the need to continually support Lambert has taken its toll!  :D

Or it's a  simple decision by Randy to keep  with him in recognition for his fine work within the set parameters at the club whilst all around him lose their heads.

Don't get the hate. I love Lambert. Who gives a s*** about records when half the team is out injured. I hope Villa supporters outside Villatalk are a lot more positive, because this site seems to have been taken over by haters.

• Like 3

Don't get the hate. I love Lambert. Who gives a s*** about records when half the team is out injured. I hope Villa supporters outside Villatalk are a lot more positive, because this site seems to have been taken over by haters.

So he can do as shit as he wants because Benteke, Okore and Kozak are injured? Half the team...

There are a few 'lovers' on here too.

Half the team out injured! A bit of an exaggeration me thinks.

I thought there was a poll the over week that said 80 odd % wanted Lambert out?

Not that many 'Lovers'?

They just spread the 'love' a little louder?

I think you'll find Randy is the silent majority & ultimately the main man that counts the most. ;)

• Like 1

I thought there was a poll the over week that said 80 odd % wanted Lambert out?

Not that many 'Lovers'?

They just spread the 'love' a little louder?

I think you'll find Randy is the silent majority & ultimately the main man that counts the most. ;)

I never said we lived in a democracy?

Yes if Lerner is a Lambert Lover then we can do sweet fanny adams about it really?

It all depends on the much anticipated end of year report from Lerner whenever that might be?

We all wait with baited breath?

Â