Paul Lambert

limpid

Am I the only one who thinks we aren't necessarily doomed to shit football if Lambert stays? A lot of it has been poor this season admittedly but I think that with more financial backing we could play better football under him.

I just think we need a clean slate if we get new owners. New broom to sweep everything away from the old regime. 

Am I the only one who thinks we aren't necessarily doomed to shit football if Lambert stays? A lot of it has been poor this season admittedly but I think that with more financial backing we could play better football under him.

He is similar to MON, one dimentional tactics, and will never get us into top 4 even with high financial backing. You clearly like the man, but the fact is that he isn't good enough for this job.

Then why don't the Lambert lovers recognize the job McLeish did for us? Because they have basically achieved exact the same, exept Lambert got another year and haven't progressed.

'Lambert lovers', again, I think you should have a read of the site rules.

For what it's worth, I have supported Lambert and I was also supportive of McLeish for a lot longer than most. So, back to you..

• Like 1

He is similar to MON, one dimentional tactics, and will never get us into top 4 even with high financial backing. You clearly like the man, but the fact is that he isn't good enough for this job.

It's not a fact at all, it's your opinion and if you expect any manager to get us top 4 then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. The realistic aim is top 7.

I think there is a possibility he could do ok. I will just be amazed if new owners are to give him that chance.

McLeish had a squad that on paper cost id estimate 7 times what lambert is working with.

Yet were they 7 times better? Money isn't everything just look at how much QPR spent on fees and wages and they were shite.

"I clearly like the man"? What's the relevance of that? I don't have a particular fondness of him, I just don't necessarily think he should be sacked.

No, that's an opinion, and unless we get Man City or Chelsea levels of investment I think it'll be difficult for anyone to get us into the top 4.

• Like 1

"I clearly like the man"? What's the relevance of that? I don't have a particular fondness of him, I just don't necessarily think he should be sacked.

No, that's an opinion, and unless we get Man City or Chelsea levels of investment I think it'll be difficult for anyone to get us into the top 4.

I think Everton is a good example that it's possible.

Everton aren't there yet.

And Spurs and even Arsenal who have done it every year for as long as I can't remember.

I'm not shifting anything, I'm asking a question that is extremely relevant in the discussion we're having. If I was to answer like you have been, I'd say something like 'ah, no answer matey, so therefore you must be wrong, matey'. <br />

<br />

The point made by Eames is that Lambert is better than he has been at Villa. Asking you whether Lambert's performance as manager at Norwich was better than his at Villa is completely valid. Care to answer me?

Any question is valid depending upon the answer and yes I have answered his question several times with other posters.

To answer your question his achievements are similar with both teams but he has had better players here and more of a budget to play with and at our club the expectations are far greater than at Norwich so he has failed here and the records are there to prove it.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if Lerner may have advised the new owner to keep Lambert on. Im sure he would owe it to Lambert since the funds have not been available for him build a better squad. Worries me this may be the case!!

McLeish had a squad that on paper cost id estimate 7 times what lambert is working with.

Irrelevant, the reason that they cost so much and were on such high wages were mainly due to the fact that MON spunked our money up the wall. Lambert had the choice to play them (as we have been paying them) he just chose not to.

Except you aren't comparing like with like are you? A manager getting promoted and a striker scoring goals are two totally unrelated things.

I was asked for a reason as to why I felt that Lambert was better than his current position at villa suggests, I provided one.

Which was refuted.

Â