Paul Lambert

limpid

Plus those we have been linked to yet couldn't afford, i.e. Holtby, Lukaku, Belhanda and Kiyotake, are all signings I would have liked to have seen happen.

Who knows, we'll have to wait and see, but if we do get taken over I think it may be possible for Lambert to fix things with some good signings. However, if they sack Lambert and replace him with a better manager, I'll be happy.

Why would new owners stick with him?

I would imagine this deal to take us over has been a long process and the next manager considered very carefully.

The Guardian believe that Lambert has been told to prepare to work with new ownership.

I don't believe it. I just can't see why they would.

But again you haven't addressed what I said. You're using past things as a means to debate, while completely avoiding what I've said.

Are people not allowed to change their mind? I stuck with Lambert because I felt a certain way. Circumstances have changed and now I'm apathetic towards him.

Well that's nice. Are you going to apologise to all the fans you moaned at and mocked before you changed your mind?

Your inability to debate without turning it into some sort of slanging match is tiring to be honest. I'll leave you to your rabid repetition of the same thing because there's no point in attempting to engage you in debate anymore.

Honestly I'll leave it here but you should really take some time to look at your posting history.

I think it's feasible Lambert could stay on if we're taken over.

Hughes stayed at City when the Sheik came in and unless there is an outstanding candidate itching to get on board, Lambo could continue.

He doesn't deserve it for me though, he has proven countless times that he and Villa don't work together.

The bad performances outweigh the good by around 90%.

i like Lambert especially last season. we played attacking football towards the end if the season and i was optimistic for this season. However, we have gone backwards and his attacking approach has suffered as he tried to make us more solid defensively. he could not find the balance find and the squad has lost confidence. add injuries to the mix and its a shambles.

In my opinion it would depend on who we can bring in. if we are going to get a high calibre manager like Klopp then Bye bye Lambert. if we will go for pulis or someone of that ilk I'd prefer to see Lambert stay. i would imagine the new owners will be like randy at the start. pumping money in and they will likely want to bring in their own manager.

• Like 1

I think it's feasible Lambert could stay on if we're taken over.

Hughes stayed at City when the Sheik came in and unless there is an outstanding candidate itching to get on board, Lambo could continue.

He doesn't deserve it for me though, he has proven countless times that he and Villa don't work together.

The bad performances outweigh the good by around 90%.

He might have a short term role just while things get sorted but no way he has any long term future with new owners.

You never know, who are these new owners?

Randy and Paul "talk every day", Randy would, I imagine, give Paul a glowing recommendation - a further indicator of what a bad judge of manager he is.

Randy and Paul "talk every day", Randy would, I imagine, give Paul a glowing recommendation - a further indicator of what a bad judge of manager he is.

Lambert was the first choice of the fans so you'd have to say the fans are a bad judge of manager as well then. 

• Like 3

Nobody knows whether Faulkner is good or bad at his job. There are more pointers towards him being good, but he is Randy's man, just like Steve Stride was Ellis's chauffeur, so when the owner goes, he goes.

Lambert was the first choice of the fans so you'd have to say the fans are a bad judge of manager as well then.

Yeah but a lot realised their mistake pretty quickly. Did the owner?

Well the fans change their minds on their favourite manager more often than I change my sheets so it's probably just as well we are not sacking the manager each month.  

• Like 2

Nobody knows whether Faulkner is good or bad at his job. There are more pointers towards him being good, but he is Randy's man, just like Steve Stride was Ellis's chauffeur, so when the owner goes, he goes.

I meant Lambo here, not Faulkner.

I don't think either are good at their job though.

Lambert has us playing disgusting football, Faulkner has overseen a football club slide from 6th down to 16th, that's not progress.

Think i may have made up my mind about Lambert now. Someone posted earlier that Lambert has been a part of the Lerner, Faulkner, and Lambert trio and to truly get a clean slate he should go. Perhaps that's right. Fresh everything. I don't particularly have anything against Lambert personally, and he has said that he's noted that the original plan of trying to find bargain youth isn't going to work - so that does make me think he'd try a different approach which is obviously needed. But then again anyone can see what went wrong so maybe the club just need to completely wash the slate, rather than pluck a few weeds out to watch them grow back? I really would love to know what the players think. 

Lambert will stay to begin with. If he improves things with a better budget he will stay longer.

He is better than what he has achieved here so and that's not surprise being asked to play champagne football on lemonade money.

• Like 1

Wish people would stop going on about records as if they're just as important as results.

It has been results that have formed those records and I'm sure that if those records would have been more positive you and others would have continued to use them in Lambert's defence.

Lambert will stay to begin with. If he improves things with a better budget he will stay longer.

He is better than what he has achieved here so and that's not surprise being asked to play champagne football on lemonade money.

He is better than what he has achieved here?

I'd like to know what you are basing this on since you have recently asked others to provide evidence to prove what they say?

He is better than what he has achieved here?

I'd like to know what you are basing this on since you have recently asked others to provide evidence to prove what they say?

Taking a Norwich side that was smashed 7-1 in their first game of the season and getting them promoted.

Then stabilizing that Norwich team in the PL playing attractive attacking football in the process.

Is that OK for you?

• Like 1

I think the owner had different ideas of what is considered a job well done than the fans. The owner wanted to minimise losses and prepare for the best takeover possible.

For me he picks up the sound bites and regurgitates them....that been said by others of what he should do

He is a re active manager not a pro active manager.

I heard a snip that he asked the 2 suspended coaches on the Friday before the crystal palace game for some advice on a footballing matter after they had been suspended and they told him to **** off.

does that sound like a man in control or on their front foot.

Don't know who you heard that from but it's not true.

Â