Paul Lambert

limpid

He has been loyal to Randy and to the club at a very difficult time. Randy's statement more than alludes to this fact. He clearly has Villa's interest at heart. I am happy for him to be given a chance, one chance that's all. If as I said he can't turn it around then he goes at the end of this 3 year contract with no massive pay or embarrassment for either party.

Takeover or not, I think Lambert should be given just one more season with the shackles removed just to see what he really could do. I'd like to think he could turn it round with decent backing, however if there has not been significant progress by the end of that season he should go.

He doesn't deserve the backing
Always add "imo" to the end of your posts because you don't speak for everyone here, certainly not me.

I think he should be given till xmas, at least. Imo.

Surely anything we state is in our opinion anyway. I personally won't be adding 'IMO' everytime I state my view on here, if that's alright with you of course.

Edited by Isa

Well I for one am pleased and very confident there's no chance of new owners giving him any time.

Really? You haven't mentioned it.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Well I for one am pleased and very confident there's no chance of new owners giving him any time.

Hahahahaha how do you come up with it? Such wit.

[insert amusing gift]

You do go on about it though. Most of us know your viewpoint by now, isn't repeating it over and over again just muddying the thread?

• Like 3

He was operating under difficult circumstances and injuries to key players have just compounded that. I'm not happy with performances or results but there are signs there of a decent manager IMO. Give him another season, then if it's still dire he goes with no complaints.

It doesn't matter what excuses there are no new owners will keep him on.

He's done.

Shall we close the thread then?

[insert amusing gift]

You do go on about it though. Most of us know your viewpoint by now, isn't repeating it over and over again just muddying the thread?

Haha hypocrisy again.

Lerner hasn't made his job easy but the clueless performances and tactical displays are down to Lambert not him, throwing money at a manager doesn't turn a bad one into a good one, the money isn't the one setting the play-style and making the subs.

• Like 1

He was operating under difficult circumstances and injuries to key players have just compounded that. I'm not happy with performances or results but there are signs there of a decent manager IMO. Give him another season, then if it's still dire he goes with no complaints.

It doesn't matter what excuses there are no new owners will keep him on.

He's done.

Shall we close the thread then?

No we can discuss how bad he's done till its official.

[insert amusing gift]

Haha hypocrisy again.

No answer though.

Randy's to blame for the problems at Villa not Lambert. You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear.

True but Lambert has made a dogs dinner from the aforementioned sows ear

Randy's to blame for the problems at Villa not Lambert. You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear.

Middle Ground really is a mythical land isn't it? How about they're both to blame at varying degrees? 

• Like 1

Takeover or not, I think Lambert should be given just one more season with the shackles removed just to see what he really could do. I'd like to think he could turn it round with decent backing, however if there has not been significant progress by the end of that season he should go.

40 million pounds worth of shackles?

Everyone keeps going on about that like it's a lot of money in modern football.  He's had to build a whole squad with that.  Most teams in the top 6 would spend that on two players.

You could argue about how successful he's been at building a squad on that budget, but if you buy an entire wardrobe from Primark most of it's going to fall to bits after a couple of washes.

Exactly, really he's done pretty well to pick up players like Benteke and Okore considering he's been shopping at Primark...

• Like 1

At our current level I think he lacks the tactical nous and the wizardry in the transfer market. Our style of play is very lackluster and we seriously lack consistency in anything we do. Look at Rodgers and Martinez, their teams are very similar every game - they follow the plan and utilize their strengths. We change things around all the time, we never know what to expect.

If we are given new owners with more money to spend, it's quite obvious that he will be given the sack. He doesn't have the reputation or charisma to persuade new players to join us and he doesn't have a history with handling bigger players. A bit like Moyes at United, it's quite obvious that players don't look up to him like they do for Mourinho and Klopp.

Edited by Papillon

Takeover or not, I think Lambert should be given just one more season with the shackles removed just to see what he really could do. I'd like to think he could turn it round with decent backing, however if there has not been significant progress by the end of that season he should go.

40 million pounds worth of shackles?

Everyone keeps going on about that like it's a lot of money in modern football.  He's had to build a whole squad with that.  Most teams in the top 6 would spend that on two players.

You could argue about how successful he's been at building a squad on that budget, but if you buy an entire wardrobe from Primark most of it's going to fall to bits after a couple of washes.

Exactly, really he's done pretty well to pick up players like Benteke and Okore considering he's been shopping at Primark...

I think he got Jordan Bowery at Lidyl

Â